• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

When the Lord Jesus Christ gave His parables or His teachings they were applicable to both Jews and Gentiles.   In fact they were universal. So when we read the words of Christ in the NT, they may be addressed to a Jewish audience, but their application goes beyond that immediate audience.  So it is with the parables.  The Body of Christ could only be revealed after the Church came into existence.  But those parables were relevant then, and they are relevant now.

Hi Ezra,

You have a good point in that what Jesus often said could have a universal application, however in this instance `the kingdom of heaven` parables, I do not see that. I`ve been thinking of putting some notes together to explain my view of those parables & how they specifically relate to Israel. You may be interested in discussing with me & others when I post it.

regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 6/17/2015 at 9:54 PM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

What do you suppose this "buying of oil" represents?

Dear brothers and sisters,

Grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

In this and in the next post I intend to answer this question.

On 9/17/2016 at 2:12 AM, Marilyn C said:

You have a good point in that what Jesus often said could have a universal application, however in this instance `the kingdom of heaven` parables, I do not see that.

Although the immediate application of this parable is related with Israel, I wait, with all love in Christ, to show how great teachings we can apply in our lives.

In the parable of the ten virgins, they are being supplied for the oil contained in their vessels (Matt 25.4). This remembers Revelation 19:

·         “And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.” (Rev 19.8).

Note that the Bride is clothed with the righteousness of the saints (and not with her own righteousness).

Thus, the virgins’ lamps are filled by their own vessels (and not by vessels of other). But, what do the vessels represent?

·         “For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to [ give ] the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.” (2Co 4.6,7).

They represent the neighbor that Jesus puts into our life and the treasure is “the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ”, which “light our heart”. 

On 6/18/2015 at 6:41 PM, Rick_Parker said:

I believe the "buying of oil" is related to the bridesmaids trying to earn the return of the Holy Spirit, which they had lost by taking their eyes off the Lord; oil is typically used to represent the Holy Spirit in Scripture,

On 6/17/2015 at 11:31 PM, missmuffet said:

The five virgins who have the extra oil represent the truly born again who are looking with eagerness to the coming of Christ. They have saving faith and have determined that, whatever occurs, be it lengthy time or adverse circumstances, when Jesus returns, they will be looking with eagerness. The five virgins without the oil represent false believers who enjoy the benefits of the Christian community without true love for Christ. They are more concerned about the party than about longing to see the bridegroom. Their hope is that their association with true believers (“give us some of your oil” of verse 8) will bring them into the kingdom at the end. This, of course, is never the case. One person’s faith in Jesus cannot save another.

On 6/22/2015 at 1:06 AM, Openly Curious said:

It's like come buy bread and wine without price (money). This kind of oil spoken of in scripture is not the same kind of oil that is bought by the barrel every single day to fuel our vehicles and what not. This oil lightens the face of a believer and sometimes we have to burn the midnight oil to fill our souls or lamps our vessels with the anointing of the Holy Spirit and refull ourselves so to speak.

On 7/7/2015 at 4:59 PM, WilliamL said:

Lamp oil causes light, which, scripturally speaking, is synonymous with truth and understanding.

On 6/17/2015 at 11:02 PM, other one said:

I have always considered it a building up of faith as we go along....

On 6/17/2015 at 11:57 PM, Sister said:

The oil represents the truth.  It's the fuel we need to sustain our spiritual walk right to the end of our lives. 

Psalms 141:5   Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities.

Proverbs 21:20   There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up.

These verses are tremendous, Sister.

They show that in the dwelling of the wise there is the glory of Jesus, which fills us with the light of the Truth. The reprehension of the righteous give place to the glory of the Eternal in us, which makes the Light of the World (John 8.12; 9.5) shines in us (hence Matthew 5.14-16). However, the truth is the light that shines when Jesus' glory manifest in us.

But,what does the glory of the Eternal represent?

·         “And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory. And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy. And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live. And the LORD said, Behold, [ there is ] a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock: and it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by: and I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.” (Exodus 33.18-23).

Therefore, the Eternal’s glory has to do with His goodness, His name and His face. In other words, His glory is His presence and character.

And Jesus even said:

·         “But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.” (Matt 25.12).

The word “know”, in the Sacred Scripture, refers to very intimate knowledge, even sexual relations. (Gen. 4:1, Matt. 1:25):

·         “And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.” (Genesis 4.1)

Accordingly, the five foolish virgins didn’t have relationship with Jesus and neither with the neighbor. But they had the likeness of being illuminated, that is, of having wisdom and knowledge to serve of lamp to the feet, and a light unto path (Psalms 119.105).

Hence John to say:

·         “Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.” (1John 4.1).

Jesus also alerted:

·         “The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great [ is ] that darkness!” (Matt 6.22,23).

This looks like a paradox. How can the light be darkness?

John explains this:

·         “He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him. But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.” (1Jo 2.9-11).

When somebody hates his brother, even if his concepts and values produce good aftermaths, they will be as the house upon the sand (Matt 7.26,27): the things can work for any time, but will arrive the time that all will fall down. It’s no use we build our life with the commandments and laws of the Sacred Scripture, but thinking in ourselves. If true love isn’t the foundation, we won’t be anything, nothing will profit us (1Cor 13.1-3): we will make no difference.

In other words, instead of we love the neighbor as ourselves (thinking in the return that this will bring us - Matt 22.39), we should love the neighbor as Jesus has loved us (John 13.34).

But after all, what do the Sacred Scripture means with “hate his brother”? From the moment that we don’t make use of the forgiveness of Christ to bind us to the neighbor, we were already hating him.  We can be together, helping each other, but if we weren’t bind each other in Christ, we are hating each other and, for this reason, we are yet in darkness. And how great [ is ] that darkness (observe that the parable below follow immediately the parable of the ten virgins):

·         “And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” (Matt 25.30).

You must be wondering: how does the foolish virgins get oil if their vessels were empty?

Consequently, the fire of them was strange (see Lev 10.1). Such a light, actually, was darkness. This come to teach us that neither all knowledge is good.

The only truth that matter is that which is by Jesus’ Spirit inside us (see Psalms 25.14). So much so that, see what the Eternal said to Adam:

·         “And he said, Who told thee that thou [ wast ] naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?” (Gen 3.11).

The tree of the knowledge of good and evil wasn’t a wrong knowledge. But the truth is that, when we learn some that don’t have to do with what the Eternal desires of us, even if such knowledge is of the Sacred Scripture, nevertheless this will just puff us up (1Cor 8.1) and will make the Eternal to resist us (James 4.6; 1Peter 5.5).

All knowledge that don’t come from the Eternal separate us from Him (Matt 12.30; ver John 6.57). In the end, we have that to hear only His voice and to wait Him to work in us both to will and to do of [ his ] good pleasure. (Phil 2.13).

What about the price to be paid for the five foolish virgins (Matt 25.9)?

Price means to give something in exchange for something else. Material goods (as well as interchange of favors to get them) can’t buy the true love (So 8.7). The truth is that the true love is never acquired from night to day. It is built inside us day to day for the Word of the Eternal with those that He bring to us (see Rev 3.20).

Only then the truth will be known within us, instead of being known merely in the mind. Henceforth:

·         And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8.32).

Without this, the knowledge will be only in our mind, but it will not make sense to us. The legal knowledge makes the grace of the Eternal so meaningless; the grace knowledge, in turn, makes the law to be nonsense.

May Jesus bless you. I hope that this edifies you. Soon I will publish the second part.

Hi Marilin,

Grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

As I promised, behold the second part. I hope that this be helpful.

Why was it so important to maintain the lamp alight? It’s true that there are passages in the Sacred Scripture instructing us to this:

·         “Command the children of Israel, that they bring unto thee pure oil olive beaten for the light, to cause the lamps to burn continually.” (Lev 24.2).

·         “Let your loins be girded about, and [ your ] lights burning;” (Luke 12.35).

·         “Let thy garments be always white; and let thy head lack no ointment.” (Ec 9.8)

However, think: the lack of oil is sufficient reason to break up with someone?

·         If a priest forgets of putting oil in the golden candlestick once or twice, this would justify to exclude him from the ministry or kill him?

·         And if the goodman have been faithful every moment, but at the exact time that Jesus comes, the oil run out of his spiritual lamp? He should be expulsed from the Jesus’ kingdom or killed?

·         And if somebody come to us dirty and without anointment? We are going to despise him?

And in the case of the five foolish virgins? In spite of their fault, they remain steady in their faith (they didn’t prostitute the faith). Despite all consecration, for sake of a little bit of oil, they deserve to be left out?

Think: if you were the Bridegroom and the virgins were close friends of yours, you would keep them out merely for a little bit of oil? Do you make a clean break from them only for this?

The problem is that nobody wants to have commitment with somebody, but only with oneself and with what he can get of the neighbor (which, according to them, have obligation of giving an account of themselves for the other ones).

Unfortunately, the human being has no more value. It discards a friendship easily, forgetting that we are here to help others overcome their weaknesses and shortcomings.

Hereby we can see how much cruel and implacable is the law. It’s enough to think that:

·         “For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.” (Gal 5.3).

·         “For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one [ point ], he is guilty of all.” (James 2.10).

·         “He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?” (Heb 10.28,29).

To exemplify this, see:

·         “And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not. And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD.” (Leviticus 10.1,2)

·         “And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation. And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him. And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.” (Num 15.32-35) – Maybe this man was father of family and because of something so small, he and his family were penalized.

·         “And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed me not, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them. This [ is ] the water of Meribah; because the children of Israel strove with the LORD, and he was sanctified in them.” (Num 20.12,13) – After about forty years guiding Israel, because of a small moment of silliness (Psalm 106.32,33) he did not get in the Promise Land (Psalms 106.32,33).

·         “And when they came to Nachon's threshingfloor, Uzzah put forth [ his hand ] to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook [ it ]. And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for [ his ] error; and there he died by the ark of God.” (2Sm 6.6,7). –  Uzzah died for trying to prevent the ark from falling and marring. 

·         “And Samuel said to Saul, Thou hast done foolishly: thou hast not kept the commandment of the LORD thy God, which he commanded thee: for now would the LORD have established thy kingdom upon Israel for ever. But now thy kingdom shall not continue: the LORD hath sought him a man after his own heart, and the LORD hath commanded him [ to be ] captain over his people, because thou hast not kept [ that ] which the LORD commanded thee.” (1Sam 13.13,14).

Do you notice that the law, normally, demands unimportant things (at least from a physical point of view)? And how much times we break up with healthy friendships (including the kinsman). And, in the end, who wins with this?

·         “Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.” (Gal 5.4)

·         “For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.” (James 2.13).

Don’t misunderstand me! I don’t wish to say that we should be slovenly. We have that set the focus on that delight the Father (Matt 7.21):

·         The priest should spur the people of Israel to rise to communion with one another and with the Eternal.

·         Inasmuch as it is important trace the steps of Jesus, the goodman, instead of concerning with works, he should look forward for the coming of the Bridegroom, don’t for the pleasure of receiving reward, but of hearing the Bridegroom’s voice (John 3.29). Each sign of Bridegroom’s coming must to be seen as a motive to hurry us so that, when we encounter Him, we have more number of enjoyable things to offer him. Hence Jesus to order that the goodman watches His steps.

·         As we don’t know when Jesus will wish to use us, we must to be tidy (to don’t defile anybody) and with good countenance (so that we can fulfill Colossians 4.5,6; 1Peter 3.15, etc.).

The virgins should keep their lamps burning to show the way to follow in the midst of a world in darkness (Isa 9.1,2; 60.1,2; Luke 21.25-28,34-36). Forasmuch as the goal is to have light, the virgins ought to concentrate only on this. The problem is we occupy ourselves with what don’t have to do with the will of the Eternal for us. This hinder that the Eternal work in us all that He desires and the worse: compel us to make use of the world’s resources to resolve the problems (sleep in faith).

The law doesn’t save, but points to the salvation (Rom 10.4; Gal 3.24). If, instead of us trying to save ourselves grounding in laws, we live the love, we will have oil to save many people:

·         “He shall deliver the island of the innocent: and it is delivered by the pureness of thine hands.” (Job 22.30).

I know that the principles of law are important. After all:

·         “The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.” (Matt 8.8).

·         “But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.” (Matt 12.36).

·         “And the tongue [ is ] a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell. For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind: but the tongue can no man tame; [ it is ] an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.” (James 3.6-8).

·         “But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.” (Matt 5.28).

·         “Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.” (1John 3.15).

·         “Nevertheless I have [ somewhat ] against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.” (Rev 3.4)

Note that the little things can make great difference. However, this only is so because, without the Favor of the Eternal (grace), there isn’t anything to refrain the evil.

Based on all this, the conclusion that I arrive at is that all these ten virgins aren’t close friends of the Bridegroom, even the five wise ones. Otherwise, they wouldn’t have difficulty in sharing the oil. By the way, Why didn’t the five wise virgins have enough oil to share? Note that such virgins were concerned about only their own salvation and depend on oil for this.

This shows that these virgins were living under the law. Else, they would be part of the Bride. That the Bride is the Church, it is sufficient to think in these verses:

·         “For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present [ you as ] a chaste virgin to Christ.” (2Cor 11.2).

·         Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; that he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, that he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.” (Eph 5.25-27)

·         “Let us rejoice and be exceeding glad, and let us give the glory unto him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.” (Rev 19.7). – The Church is going to marry Him (yet didn’t marry Him);

·          “And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.” (Revelation 21:2)

·         “And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.” (Rev 21.9).

·         “And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.” (Revelation 22:17).

Analyze the context and you will see that all these passages make reference to the Church. She is a virgin Bride.

Israel, on the other hand, divide themselves in two categories:

• ·         The apostates: they are the adulteress wife to whom the Eternal gave bill of divorcement (see Isa 50.1; Jer 3.1,8; Ezekiel 16 e 23);

• ·         The remnant (Rom 11.5): These are called Daughter of Jerusalem (Song 1.5; 2.7; 3.5,10; 5.8,16; 8.4; Luke 23.28) or Virgin Daughter of Zion (Lam 2.13) or Virgin of Israel (Jer 18.13; 31.4,21; Amos 5.2). These are those who don’t defile themselves with other gods.

On 9/16/2016 at 4:49 AM, Marilyn C said:

Why would the Lord be talking to the people of Israel concerning another group, (the Body of Christ) which was  not even revealed then.

In fact, Marilyn, one of the things that proves that the Bride is the Church is that She is not mentioned.

Eventually, the Bride is the Church and the ten virgins are the faithful remnant of Israel (note that no virgin played the harlot) straining to follow Christ based on laws.

Soon I will post the third part.

May Jesus bless you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Leonardo Von,

Some good thoughts there, bro. However regarding the `Bride` I will have to leave that discussion for its own thread.

Blessings, Marilyn.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, my last post about this topic:

But why was the wise virgins saved, forasmuch as by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight (Romans 3.20)? The five wises, for hearing the voice of Jesus and for having intimacy with Him, get keep the light from the truth shining for more time. Notwithstanding, the legality limited the ointment of the Eternal in their lives, so that they barely get to save themselves and their vessels (that whom Jesus puts directly in their lives).

The five foolish, on the other hand, counted only with the revelation of the Eternal coming of other sources. Always was thus: searching knowledge ONLY through books, lectures about Sacred Scripture, etc. Although the Eternal use third parties to talk with us, this NEVER substitutes the relationship with Him. After all, it is His voice that able us to be the fulfillment of the Word (see Eze 2.1,2; Matt 11.28,29; John 6.44,45; Eph 4.20,21; Phil 2.12,13; 1John 2.27).

Nevertheless, as the Eternal oversees over His Word to perform it (Jer 1.11,12), the foolish virgins had oil in the lamps. Such light can make difference in a world in darkness (see Isa 9.1,2; 60.1-3; Dan 12.3), but never will be sufficient to what Jesus desires to accomplish in the world.

Amid such oppression, they will not be able to glorify the Eternal with the revelation they receive from third parties yesterday (note that the foolish virgins took no oil with them – Matt 25.3). In the nick of time, there isn’t anybody to preach to them. After all, they don’t get assimilate the faith of the Bride, and the wise virgins don’t have sufficient faith to share anything. The darkness of the world made them sleep too. They also accommodate themselves. If they didn’t have seek the revelation of the Eternal before go out, the truth inside them would have cooled.

The five foolish, for believing in the word of others, don’t have sufficient faith to come boldly unto the throne of grace (Heb 4.16). Instead of believing in the power of godliness (2Tim 3.5), they resolve their questions only doing the evil against evildoers.

Thereby we can learn that we never ever should come out of bed without, first, having intimacy with the Eternal and hearing His will. Without this, we won’t get keep on the truth in face of the difficulties.

Notwithstanding, in the end, all the ten virgins were wrongs:

Ø  The five foolish virgins for waiting strange revelation coming out of third parties;

Ø  The five wise virgins for searching Jesus only to themselves and those who the Eternal gave them. 

So what so that the ten virgins sleeping in the faith (this is a wrong – 1Tess 5.6) and the oil of the five wise was little.

But, what would be the right to do? Instead of love the neighbor like themselves (Matt 22.39), the five wise virgins should love like Jesus loved us (John 3.34,35). And how did Jesus love us?

§  “Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.” (John 10.17,18).

Jesus gave his life and took it up again. Alike, our lives ought to fill that who Jesus gave us with His oil and, at the same time, we must to be ready to receive the oil of Jesus coming out of them (see Phil 4.15).

Observe the first verse of the parable:

§  Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.” (Matt 25.1).

“Then” refer to the kingdom of the antichrist (see chapter 24). How did the five foolish virgins think of going out to buy oil if only who had the mark of the beast could buy (Rev 13.16,17)? The Sacred Scripture didn’t say if they got to buy oil at midnight (Matt 25.6). In an epoch that didn’t have electricity, opened place at this hour was unthinkable (except for saloon, whorehouse, or something like that).

And why couldn’t the virgins come later? By the way, why wasn’t the virgins going to the place where the wedding feast would happen? This shows us that the ten virgins didn’t know where was going to be the marriage feast. Once more confirming that they don’t have much intimacy with the Bride or Bridegroom.

If they was friend of the Bride (or even her maids), they was with her, helping her.

Probably they were maidservants of the Bridegroom. The five foolish virgins only obey to the King. They don’t talk with Him, barely look at Him (they don’t matter themselves with Him, but only with this award). Yet the five wise virgins love the Bridegroom, but, because of the law, they can’t be considered like sisters of Him. Because of the wickedness of the humanity, they can’t approach Him themselves, under penalty of they were accused of whoredom.

But, after all, why was no delay allowed? Because of the singularity of this event and its importance. Except for reasons of force majeure, there isn’t justification to backwardness. The most important in the ceremony would go to happen so soon closed the door: the oath of love of the Bridegroom, promising to groom his Bride lifetime. The feast become without sense to who don’t glimpse the love which many waters cannot quench (Song 8.7), to wit, the judgment seat of Christ (Rom 14.10; 2Cor 5.10), where the righteous will receive the prize and the body glorified (1Tess 4.16,17). That beautiful vision:

§  “Seeing [ it is ] a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; and to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; when he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe ( because our testimony among you was believed ) in that day.” (2Tess 1.6-10).

Without admiring Jesus’ glory in His Bride, nobody is able to see the fairness that is to be possessed by Jesus (see Eze 16.14). Only to hear to say don’t produce sufficient faith to wish to be clothed with wedding garment (Matt 22.11), that is, with incorruptibility (1Cor 15.54; 2Cor 5.4), with Christ (Rev 13.14; 1Co 15.48,49 - like He is 1John 4.17), with love (Col 3.14), with the righteous acts of the saints (Rev 19.10). Do you want better honor that to be seen, in your body, like Christ (1John 3.3)?

But, the virgins go out from where?

§  “He made the pillars thereof [ of ] silver, the bottom thereof [ of ] gold, the covering of it [ of ] purple, the midst thereof being paved [ with ] love, for the daughters of Jerusalem. Go forth, O ye daughters of Zion, and behold king Solomon with the crown wherewith his mother crowned him in the day of his espousals, and in the day of the gladness of his heart.” (Song 3.10,11).

The virgins were responsible for cover the litter of the Bridegroom (Song 3.7) with love (Song 3.10). After this, the virgins went to these houses. The Bridegroom, then, went to the house of the Bride’s mother. There He marries His Bride (Song 3.4) (it is the phase in that the Church is possessed by Holy Spirit).

After the probable time of intimacy between Bridegroom and Bride, the virgins go out of their houses to meet the Bridegroom. But the relationship in the house of the Bride’s mother took longer than normal and the virgins sleep. It is clear that the virgins couldn’t stay in the house of the Bride’s mother.

When the Bridegroom finally come out of the house of the Bride’s mother, a herald announces this and the virgins woke up to accompany the Bridegroom with his Bride toward Bridegroom’s house, where will happen the definite marriage (redemption of the body, where Church and Jesus will have a same body. Up here both were only one spirit (1Cor 6.17).

How about the lamps? Why couldn’t they burn out? 

If the lamp burns out itself, how light it up after? By the way, where they were going to buy oil? At midnight, in a time that didn’t have electricity, wouldn’t have place of good character opened. Even more considering that all those who were of Jesus were in the feast (Mt 22.3,4,9,10; Lc 14.18-23). Furthermore, how to buy without the mark of the beast?

In the outward darkness only were the admirers of the beast, who worshipped Jesus in a legalistic way and who were lukewarm in the faith (Rev 3.15,16). And what were they doing?

§  “And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; but the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed [ them ] all. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.” (Luke 17.26-30).

§  “And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.” (Rev 11.9,10).

They will be doing as Esther ordained when the enemies of the Jews were overcome (Esther 9.19,22). Or like a sacred feast, such as in time of Nehemiah:

§  “So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused [ them ] to understand the reading. And Nehemiah, which [ is ] the Tirshatha, and Ezra the priest the scribe, and the Levites that taught the people, said unto all the people, This day [ is ] holy unto the LORD your God; mourn not, nor weep. For all the people wept, when they heard the words of the law. Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for [ this ] day [ is ] holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength. So the Levites stilled all the people, saying, Hold your peace, for the day [ is ] holy; neither be ye grieved. And all the people went their way to eat, and to drink, and to send portions, and to make great mirth, because they had understood the words that were declared unto them.” (Neemiah 8.8-12).

But finally, what is it “buy of the oil”? Why, finally, was so important the alight lamp?

How there isn’t electric light, it was the light of everyone that was going to radiate the way and the banquet house. You can question me: but in the palace there isn’t lamps? Certainly. Nevertheless, this lamps, however good they were, wouldn’t allow to see the face of each one with perfection. Furthermore, did you already think how much work would give to keep all lamps alight?

On the other hand, if each one carries his lamp, beyond of to be more easy maintain they alight, it is better to see the identity of each one (his visage).

But, if the foolish virgins know that the feast was at night, then why they don’t take their lamps away?

The foolish virgins made so because they were replete of judgment according to the wisdom of this world. They don’t ken the extension of the Bridegroom’s love for His Bride (His delay in the house of the Bride’s mother) and for His guests (they thought that could pass without being perceived, either because of the Bridegroom’s and His guests’ drunkenness or for don’t to think that He didn’t care about the satisfaction and welfare of the guests).

§  “That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what [ is ] the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.” (Eph 3.16-19).

They don’t obey the second major commandment. Because they don’t get to love themselves, they didn’t see the value of all that they were, as well as of the talents and gifts that the Bridegroom gave to them. How the foolish virgins refuse to take the oil away with them, this was given to others (like in Luke 19.24-26).

For they have refused, they had to go buy. Something that were of theirs.

You can query: but Jesus, like the Bridegroom, could multiply or create oil. Nevertheless, His truth isn’t assimilated of a sudden. It makes itself necessary the work of the Jesus’ Spirit inside us (Titus 3.4-6) convincing us of sin, of justice and of judgment (John 16.8). It is just thus that the truth will be engrafted in us (James 1.21).

Furthermore, in the legal regime, the being human doesn’t have value. When the Eternal give them to Israel, the purpose of the law was to promote the bond between each one and the Eternal (Deut 6.4,5) and between each one and the neighbor (Lev 19.18). Hence to say: law [ is ] holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good (Rom 7.12).

Nevertheless, the law was weak through the flesh (Rom 8.3). This take the people away to cling to the law and to defend them. whatever the cost. To ensure what their bad desires will be kept, they frame mischief by a law (Psalms 94.20). The law is the instrument of the powerful to trample on the paupers in lawful manner.

In other words, the law ended up serving of separation between people (that is, because of the sin).

The Eternal thus did so that Israel see that only laws don’t resolve the problems (see Deut 5.24-27). No law is able to save our relationships. Only the Favor of the Eternal (grace) is capable of give us joy in doing what is good, such as:

The mouth has pleasure of eating the necessary to satisfy the stomach, of drinking the water needed to quench the thirst;

The body have pleasure in sleep when the body organs so demand.

The virgins also didn’t comprehend what the feast was. In his foolish way of judging the things, they thought that feast would be like whatever other feast, where the Bridegroom and guests inebriate themselves and, thus, wouldn’t discern that their lamps was quenched.

Thinking for the spiritual side, they thought that the Bridegroom’s coming would be a gathering like any other, where each one prays, worships, begs forgiveness. Apparently, it is all good. Like this foolish virgins, many people think that is easy to get the forgiveness of Jesus, when, in the truth, it needs to be worked inside us (see Hebrews 12.16,17).

But, what do we need to learn?

§  1º: we can’t insist in seeing Jesus and His kingdom with worldly vision (see 2Cor 5.16);

§  2º: we ought to seek hear only the truth that the Eternal have to us (Gen 3.11);

§  3º: we mustn’t conform ourselves to not to receive all the truth of the Eternal to us (Psalms 25.14; 1Cor 2.9). If we didn’t make this now, then it may be too late.

§  4º: the only glory that ought to shine in our face is the Eternal’s glory (Num 6.25; PSalms 67.1; John 5.44);

§  5º: if we wish the truth that free us (John 8.32), we need to fill those who Jesus gave us (see 1Peter 5.8,9). Nothing there is good for us in the life of people of the world or that believe in Jesus under the law.

§  6º: when we don’t see the value that we have in the life of the neighbor, we go toward to him only thinking that he will not valorize us and, thus, we go only to take advantage of him. In this case, such person won’t valorize us and, thus, we are going to harbor a grudge against him (transferring the guilt to him).

§  7º: we ought to watch, for we don’t know how, when and where Jesus is going to use us.

§  8º: the truth that illuminates us can’t be get theoretically. It needs to be lived in each relationship that the Eternal give us. The truth of the others doesn’t represent a truth in our lives.

§  9º: we mustn’t use the truth to receive glory of men. Such glory only puffs up us. It may render us a celebrity in the world, but will leave us unaware in relation with the neighbor. In the nick of time, none of this profit us, neither before the world, nor before the Church, much less before the Eternal.

§  10º: who are under the law difficulty will get to hear the voice of the Eternal and to get the faith savior (Rom 10.17). And, even if to get, such a person will get only the sufficient to save oneself and that who the Eternal puts in them life. They won’t get the same triumph that Paul:

o   “But we will not boast of things without [ our ] measure, but according to the measure of the rule which God hath distributed to us, a measure to reach even unto you. For we stretch not ourselves beyond [ our measure ], as though we reached not unto you: for we are come as far as to you also in [ preaching ] the gospel of Christ: Not boasting of things without [ our ] measure, [ that is ], of other men's labours; but having hope, when your faith is increased, that we shall be enlarged by you according to our rule abundantly, to preach the gospel in the [ regions ] beyond you, [ and ] not to boast in another man's line of things made ready to our hand.” (2Co 10.13-16).

§  11º: when we celebrate Jesus, we ought to do it because of the true works of the Eternal.

§  “Believe me that I [ am ] in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [ works ] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.” (John 14.11,12).

§  “Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?” (John 6.28-30).

The work of the Eternal is what He is capable of doing when His word is pronounced through our lips. The glory to be given to Jesus is what all can see of Him in His Body:

§  “When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe ( because our testimony among you was believed ) in that day.” (2Ts 1.10).

Today, we have that to make the same works of Jesus (believe in His work which the Father use to operate what He desires), and greater, i.e. being used to carry out his character interiorly, building the Church (Matt 16.18). 

In the legal regime, the wrath is placated only when the other pay the debt. Someone else’s blood may not render the Eternal propitious (merciful) to us (Heb 10.4). There is nothing we can also give to the Eternal that may appease Him. Only what He did for us was powerful the sufficient to mollify Him.

Likeness, our wrath only is going to appease when Jesus could make for who offend us all that He desires.

§  “O my God, incline thine ear, and hear; open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, and the city which is called by thy name: for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteousnesses, but for thy great mercies.” (Daniel 9:18).

While this don’t to happen, the wrath of the Eternal for the bad that the person did hover over us.

§  “Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison. Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.” (Matt 5.25,26).

It is good remember that Jesus said “Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins” (Matt 25.1). “Shall be” (future, and not present, which will happen in the seventieth week).

Summarizing:

§  the oil is the Truth;

§  the vessels are those who Jesus set in our lives so that He loves and to be loved through us;

§  the fire is the presence and character of Jesus in us;

§  the price is to leave that the neighbor come to be our members and vice-versa;

§  to buy the oil is to try to obtain the truth through the legality, in particular at this time, doing use of mark of the beast;

§  the foolish of the five virgins was for three motives:

o   they don’t figure out the Bridegroom’s love for His Bride for His guests;

o   they don’t ken the real purpose of the feast (the happiness here wasn’t from drunkenness, but from hear the voice of the Bridegroom (John 3.29) and from knowing the beauty of holiness of the Bridegroom (Psalms 96.9) in the Bride (Eze 16.14);

o   they don’t valorize the gifts and talents of the Bridegroom in them.

May Jesus bless you.