lovetruth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

Marilyn, a question I have is do you believe there are any benefits or need to have actual church buildings or organizations?

I desire smaller, more close group meetings, yet I see great value in an organized meeting place, and trying to figure out if this is from being taught by mans methods or not. Many times I do not know why or where preconceived ideas come from. At present I see importance in both an organization and home meetings.

hmbld,

While this is addressed to Marilyn, I will chime in.  The issue should not be whether believers meet in a home or in a building (because of the numbers involved).  Both venues are viable, but "organization" should be replaced with "organism" .

The real issue is whether the focus should be on (a) magnificent structures, (b) disproportionate compensation for those who minister while indigent believers are ignored, © entertainment instead of pure worship, (d) waste instead of frugality,  and (e) crowds instead of souls. 

Also, many churches use man-made study materials instead of the Word of God for their Bible studies.  Too many churches are operating in the flesh rather than in the Spirit, and most of those who are off the rails will not repent even when their sins are brought to their attention.  On top of that we have the "Traditional" churches which elevate "Holy Tradition" over Scripture and are wealthy while their adherents are poor.

• 2 years later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2015 at 11:36 AM, Ezra said:

You could have said "Worship as Entertainment" and you would have been spot on. 

The evangelical world has been deceived into thinking that worship should be entertainment and the only thing that counts is crowds enjoying themselves within mega churches.  It is getting extremely rare to participate in genuine spiritual worship.  The old hymns have been discarded, and the old Bible has also been discarded, not to mention the Old Gospel (which is always new but has been watered down).

The church at Laodicea is a picture of Christianity in the 21st century (generally speaking).  There is much to be learned from the letters to the seven churches in Asia.

Its only  the tip of the iceberg for the modern-day church of the free world. Today its a badge of honor to compete for the rich. Have you heard about some denominational  church saying be sure to book for our next Caribbean  cruse. All the big name speakers will  be on board. Don't miss out. Its all about who has the most big tithers to support their  grand church and beautiful cathedral architecture. Its all big business using all the latest drag ins and using false doctrine to keep the seats full.  Nothing but the best for the church of Babylon. Read about the call, " Come out of her my people and be not partakers of her sins. Rev 18

Edited by Mike Mclees