IGNORED

Supreme Court: Not One but THREE Strikes!

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,738
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Most are aware of the recent decision by the Supreme Court on the issue of same-sex marriage, but many may not realize that this was only one of the history-making decisions reached this session.

This past month, the Supreme Court determined that the word "Israel" cannot be listed next to the word "Jerusalem" on an American-Israeli passport. Secondly, the Supreme Court rejected an appeal from North Carolina to revive a requirement that abortion providers must show an ultrasound to a pregnant woman before she has an abortion. Last but not least, the Supreme Court declared that the biblical institution of marriage was not between just a man and a woman.

This means that in only one month's time, the Supreme Court came against Jerusalem (strike one), failed to defend the unborn (strike two) and to top it all off, came against holy matrimony (strike three and you're OUT)!

The apostle Paul writes “Now these things took place as examples for us, that we might not desire evil as they did.” [1 Corinthians 10:6].

The prophet Jeremiah spells out in verse 5:9 and in verse 29, “Shall I not punish them for these things? declares the LORD; and shall I not avenge myself on a nation such as this?"

These are the characteristics of a nation rebuked harshly by the Lord.

• Men say, “As the Lord lives,” yet they swear falsely (Jeremiah 5:2)
  • Refused to repent (Jeremiah 5:3)
  • Mighty men did not execute God's justice (Jeremiah 5:5)
  • Children have forsaken God (Jeremiah 5:7)
  • Despite being fed to the full, they committed adultery as each lusted for their neighbor's wife (Jeremiah 5:8)
  • They have grown fat and sleek (Jeremiah 5:27)
  • They know no bounds in deeds of evil (Jeremiah 5:28)
  • They judge not with justice and do not defend the innocent (Jeremiah 5:28)

Then, with much conviction, Jeremiah asks, "Shall I not punish them for these things? declares the LORD, and shall I not avenge myself on a nation such as this?" An appalling and horrible thing has happened in the land: the prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests rule at their direction; my people love to have it so, but what will you do when the end comes? (Jer 5:29-31)

All that said, in the midst of this passage is a blessing. "For these things happened to the nation of Israel to PRUNE it so it could once again PRODUCE FRUIT!

"Go up through her vine rows and destroy, but make not a full end; strip away her branches, for they are not the LORD's." (Jeremiah 5:10)

Whatever judgment may come, I trust that it will be done in such a way, that America may once again be fruitful.

Our God is merciful.

Click here to read the entire article. If you have any thoughts or comments, please place them on the blog!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

God is long-suffering and because of his eternal existence his patience far outweighs ours. Mercifully, he always gives people (and nations) time to repent. I believe that he gives warnings in the way of small punishments at first. The first thing that happens is not so much a punishment as it is a removal of privileges.

It's the same way that parents discipline their children - gently at first.

God will remove some of his blessings from the U.S.A. before he starts cracking the whip. Has he already done this?

For decades the U.S. has been the World's number one economy. All forms of currency were measured against the U.S. dollar which is the yardstick.

For decades the U.S. has been the World's number one military power.

For decades the U.S. has been the standard by which personal freedoms were measured.

These are the things to look out for.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

The U.S. Supreme Court was our last line of defense, George. The enEmy came in and took that too. God has given this nation plenty of warning, but America has chosen to turn it's back flatly against God in deed and abominations. What's coming is inevitable.

There will be fruit again in the world... but there's going to be long, bad and very barren times between now and then.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Gods wrath and judgment will be upon our world soon.I have been thinking about this as I see the evil poor out around me in our world.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,738
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Someone asked on Facebook what I thought might happen,

This is what I replied, 

I was just telling my wife; it wouldn't surprise me if something may happen in Massachusetts. 

When you understand that all things are cyclical in nature, often what begins in one location at one place in time also begins the next cycle later on.

Massachusetts was founded as Christians (Pilgrims) fled the persecutions in Europe. With this understanding, is it not ironic that the location where same-sex marriage began in 2004 -- be the very reason Christian persecution in America would begin in our generation?

Where the "revolution" began in the 1770's with the Boston Tea Party, is also where the revolution of same-sex marriage in 2004? 

So with this cyclical understanding in mind -- would it be a strange thing if something happened in Massachusetts? 

Finally, John Kerry (Mass. Senator) is feverishly working on the Iranian nuclear deal this week -- the week of July 4th! 

Who knows what will happen, but I wouldn't want to be celebrating in Boston on July 4th!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:thumbsup:

Hallelujah~! 

He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” And Jesus said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

“I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it. Matthew 16:15-18 (NASB)

My God Is Greater~!

Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin. The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains forever.

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.  John  8:36-38 (ESV)

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Someone asked on Facebook what I thought might happen,

This is what I replied, 

I was just telling my wife; it wouldn't surprise me if something may happen in Massachusetts. 

When you understand that all things are cyclical in nature, often what begins in one location at one place in time also begins the next cycle later on.

Massachusetts was founded as Christians (Pilgrims) fled the persecutions in Europe. With this understanding, is it not ironic that the location where same-sex marriage began in 2004 -- be the very reason Christian persecution in America would begin in our generation?

Where the "revolution" began in the 1770's with the Boston Tea Party, is also where the revolution of same-sex marriage in 2004? 

So with this cyclical understanding in mind -- would it be a strange thing if something happened in Massachusetts? 

Finally, John Kerry (Mass. Senator) is feverishly working on the Iranian nuclear deal this week -- the week of July 4th! 

Who knows what will happen, but I wouldn't want to be celebrating in Boston on July 4th!

~

But George

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Prehaps God Does Not See?

The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good. Proverbs 15:3

Prehaps God Has Forgotten The Jew?

Is Ephraim my dear son? is he a pleasant child? for since I spake against him, I do earnestly remember him still: therefore my bowels are troubled for him; I will surely have mercy upon him, saith the LORD. Jeremiah 31:20

Prehaps Israel Is Abandoned And Left To The Heathen?

Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. Psalms 2:5-7

Prehaps Man Is Our Only Hope?

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5

Prehaps Not?

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7

Prehaps

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8