Going through a difficult situation.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

And by the way, we have talked this through many times, I've explained to her that by not putting biblical teaching at the top of her life, we are at a disagreement on what we live by, and that this WILL cause marital issues, she understands that, but feels she must continue to support that community based on the fact that one of her best friends is bisexual.

I just can't seem to get through to her that you can STILL love them without supporting their actions, but she claims that's who they are, which we also disagree on. We've literally talked about this from every angle and cannot come to an agreement, even when I explain it to her logically she agrees that makes sense, but then says she still wants to support their choices, which I told her ultimately means the bible is not completely what she lives by, and she agreed.

I told her that when she gets back from her vacation I would like for her to sit down with her mentor, and discuss this again. But I decided if she does not come to agree after a conversation with her mentor, then it will be over. I'm just praying that God will soften her heart and that the Holy Spirit will convict her. Please pray for her as well you guys. Her name is Lindsay.

Edited by JohnDi

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Amen~!

~

Praying~!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  427
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/20/1980

Welcome to worthy!!

With God all things are possible:praying for both of you.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Welcome JohnDi,

You are anguishing over your desires being disappointed.  You desire Lindsay.  The reason for dating is to discover who each of you are.  Are you joyful in knowing the whole Lindsay?  If not, then lose the desires, because you are desiring the one not meant for you.  The anguish you feel now, is telling you to let go of Lindsay.  Much of life is about letting go of things and for Christians, it is letting go of the things of this world. JohnDi, desire good things and keep your heart free to see the truth in all things.  Trust God to bring the right person in your life.  And if Lindsay should have a change of heart, you need to be free enough to see what are the real reasons she has changed.  Don't try to make the relationship work, let it unfold to discover if she is indeed the one for you.  So, step back and look at her in the light of God's Truth.

Agape, my brother in Jesus,

Greg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

To the first comment, we are both 20. So marriage was very close around the corner, we were not engaged as I did not feel it was time yet to get married (Gods perfect timing I guess right? Haha) but it still aches at my heart. She was a fairly new Christian when I met her and she had been being mentored when we got to dating for a whole year. It kills me because she learned this stuff, her mentor (who was my own mother, and a very long time believer) explained to her that the faith definition is about obeying God despite personal feelings, circumstance, or cultural pressures, I know she learned that stuff yet when the time came for her to make a decision she chose against that.

It just kills me you know? It's also discouraging because I thought she was the one, unless we can talk her through this when she gets back from her vacation I have already decided I was going to break up with her.

The only thing left I feel is lost, will I ever find a Christian woman who can REALLY put the bible and its teachings above all things? I thought I had found one, but the storms of life brought that building down. It's just discouraging and leaves me skeptical of the other fish, and I know that's unfair but that's the taste left in my mouth right now. Thank you for the advice and thank you for accepting me with open arms. I'm definitely still open to opinions on this.

All input is welcome.

I know its painful and Im sorry for the heartbreak about this.

A new Christian is still maturing. Not quite as quickly as another might perhaps but she is still maturing. Pray about this. Even if you break up, pray for her about this. She still needs to follow the Lord. 

As for finding a woman who truly follows the Lord, I think there are many out there who do. My husband waited and found one (me) when he was in his 30s. You can still find one. 

Praying for you both.

Guest Teditis

Hi and Welcome, John.  :th_wave:

Btw, I disagree with others on this... let time pass and try to discuss (not argue)

with her... build bridges, not walls.

Good Christians strive to reach reconciliation and strongholds... not tear down

others. This (her point-of-view) isn't a Salvation issue, which is the place we all

come together on and can call ourselves brothers and sisters in Christ.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,582
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  1

Hi and Welcome, John.  :th_wave:

Btw, I disagree with others on this... let time pass and try to discuss (not argue)

with her... build bridges, not walls.

Good Christians strive to reach reconciliation and strongholds... not tear down

others. This (her point-of-view) isn't a Salvation issue, which is the place we all

come together on and can call ourselves brothers and sisters in Christ.

Amen Ted!

• Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Thank you all so much for the encouragement and advice.

I am still praying and meditating on what is in front of me. Im praying I don't have to break up with her, but am prepared for what ever Gods plan is for me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I have often wondered about where the line is truly drawn in all this... God hates 'all' sin yet

it seems homosexuality is rebellion at the very core of all God has done, His very intimate creative

act of beginning. The lust level within the homosexual is horrendously brutal and savage and is

spoken in Scripture as thus

Rom 1:27-32

27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman

and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent

acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And

just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over

to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, 29 being filled with

all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit,

malice; they are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful,

inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 without understanding, untrustworthy,

unloving, unmerciful; 32 and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who

practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give

hearty approval to those who practice them.

NASU

It seems Paul is teaching us that God rips the lid off their soul and allows all to increase in wickedness.

I have been around their life styles and they by nature know what they do is wrong- they just don't care and

encourage all to accept their choice as okay... I by the Holiness of God cannot but in love must tell them

that if they do not repent and come to Christ they will be damned by God which 'IS' Love. It is the line

for me and I will not vary on it. Those who have their line drawn in a different place, well, they must give

an account for themselves as I must do for myself... Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I have been dating my girlfriend for nearly 2 years now. But with the recent legalizing of gay marriage it caused us to have a serious argument, she believes I am being hateful for not supporting the LGBT community (I have never claimed righteousness over them or ever used scripture to bash them down) I have only shared what the bible says on homosexuality, anyway, I explained to her that as a Christian, we (me and her both identify as Christians based on being saved by Christs blood) can should not support sinful actions but that we can still love them.

All our arguing has basically told me that the bible is not the ultimate authority in her life (why I didn't know this until now is my own fault for not addressing it) but my issue now is, she and I both understand that if we don't agree, our relationship will be over, I am adamant on trusting Gods word, and she is adamant that she is doing what is right. It kills me to think I have to break up with her, but I know what I will have to do if an agreement cannot be met, I just need lots of prayer, inspiring words, and a little advice. Please feel free to let me know what you think. God bless this community for allowing me to speak.

It sounds to me like the two of you would be unevenly yoked as a married couple.That can bring nothing more than more heartache than you are already going through.Maybe God allowed this scenario to happen so you could see her true heart.Put this before God and wait for an answer.It is good that you are questioning this rather than ignore it and sweeping it under the rug.Ask that the Holy Spirit guide and direct you.If you get an uneasy feeling and something tells you not to proceed with the relationship then listen to that.