Sign in to follow this  
MorningGlory

The best ways to store flour

The following works well with oats, cream of wheat, grits, corn meal and dry cereals.  Here, in Texas, the humidity is a constant problem and weevils will get into any of these things if not stored in air tight containers or in the refrigerator.  Personally, I refrigerate everything that isn't canned or sealed in containers.  Our motto down here is, " If the weevils don't get it, the ants will!"  These tips eliminate the ant thing too. 

https://www.yahoo.com/food/the-best-way-to-store-flour-121689053064.html

Good idea Morning.My mom used to live in Texas years ago and she told me about the weevils.

d4217e804971dfa4f2c010eb2f47633e.jpg

The lesser of two weevils.

Good idea Morning.My mom used to live in Texas years ago and she told me about the weevils.

LOL!!!!

The following works well with oats, cream of wheat, grits, corn meal and dry cereals.  Here, in Texas, the humidity is a constant problem and weevils will get into any of these things if not stored in air tight containers or in the refrigerator.  Personally, I refrigerate everything that isn't canned or sealed in containers.  Our motto down here is, " If the weevils don't get it, the ants will!"  These tips eliminate the ant thing too.

Same here in California Morning... I store flour, sugar, and oats in the refrigerator.  We get ants and other little critters here.  

Ohmigosh!  I had NO idea that's what weevils look like!  I'm just freaked out by the thought....... :happyhappy:

Same here in California Morning... I store flour, sugar, and oats in the refrigerator.  We get ants and other little critters here.  

Oh yes; I forgot about the sugar.  I refrigerate that too because I only keep it for company and a pound will last me a year. 

Ohmigosh!  I had NO idea that's what weevils look like!  I'm just freaked out by the thought....... :happyhappy:

Well,those are magnified.They are pretty tiny creatures.

There is not a problem where I live.Anyway I have not seen any.Maybe all of my baked goods have a little extra protein  :happyhappy:

If I have extra flour I do sometimes store it in the freezer~~~it will be good forever,I store my yeast in the freezer too..

Sign in to follow this