IGNORED

Waking up to audio Bible verses - from enemy?

Biscuit

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I sometimes play the audio Bible at night. I often wake up to a certain Bible verse or there may be a "quickening" to a certain Bible verse? It can sometimes be something that makes me feel bad like "you will be repaid evil according to your wickedness".

We had gone to a couple of people for prayer/deliverance. And were planning to go to another healing room/deliverance ministry. I also woke up to these verses last night.

"So the Lord said to the children of Israel, "Did I not deliver you from the Egyptians and the Amorites and from the people of Ammon and the Philistines? Also the Sidonians and Amalekites and Maonites oppressed you; and you cried out to Me, and I delivered you from their hand. Yet you have forsaken me and served other gods. Therefore I will deliver you no more."

Has anyone else encountered this? Do you think this is from God or the enemy? Would God be upset about this (maybe seeking man more than God) or is the enemy trying to mess with our heads to prevent us from going anywhere else?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Since Christ has already delivered you from the Enemy as well as Hell, your desire to go to others for deliverance is evidently being rebuked. 

We are given the Scriptures to (1) know that we have been saved, (2) know that we have been delivered from many evils, (3) know that we can be delivered from our flesh by total surrender to the Holy Spirit (Rom 7:24-8:6):

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1984

I definitely don't think it's from the enemy. Those verses are specific in regards to what Israel has done in forsaking the Lord, if you feel conviction over your own life then maybe there's something that you have to let go of. The Word of God is an encouragement and an example for us, so hearing the Word verbatim without any twisting would never be a ploy from the enemy. Hope this helps a little.

• 6 months later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  71
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/19/1975

On 7/3/2015 at 1:17 AM, Biscuit said:

I sometimes play the audio Bible at night. I often wake up to a certain Bible verse or there may be a "quickening" to a certain Bible verse? It can sometimes be something that makes me feel bad like "you will be repaid evil according to your wickedness".

We had gone to a couple of people for prayer/deliverance. And were planning to go to another healing room/deliverance ministry. I also woke up to these verses last night.

"So the Lord said to the children of Israel, "Did I not deliver you from the Egyptians and the Amorites and from the people of Ammon and the Philistines? Also the Sidonians and Amalekites and Maonites oppressed you; and you cried out to Me, and I delivered you from their hand. Yet you have forsaken me and served other gods. Therefore I will deliver you no more."

Has anyone else encountered this? Do you think this is from God or the enemy? Would God be upset about this (maybe seeking man more than God) or is the enemy trying to mess with our heads to prevent us from going anywhere else?

There is problems i noted here :D

1. What is your identity in CHRIST ? 

i give you fictious example:
My kids love me, but my maid grumbled because i don't pay enough salary. 
One day, i called my kids: "Come here and do this". My kids happy. They know they have time to be with me.
One day, i called my maid: "Come here and do this". My maid grumbled. Another boring day to endure living as maid.

"Come here and do this" represent bible audio that you played every night.
I, in simple, represent JESUS.
My kids, should represent you if your identity in CHRIST is correct
My maid, it represent wrong identity in CHRIST.