• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

The tares among the wheat.

My question is, why would the angels mistakenly uproot the wheat with the tares, cannot they do their job adequatly? Or are some of the tares going to become wheat? (Unbelievers into believers). Or something that has to do with immature believers looking like tares.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I do not see where you get that the "angels" mistakingly uproot.I do not see any reference to angels here at all.

Matthew 13:24  Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field;

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,582
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, bopeep1909 and Pamelasv.

My question is, why would the angels mistakenly uproot the wheat with the tares, cannot they do their job adequatly? Or are some of the tares going to become wheat? (Unbelievers into believers). Or something that has to do with immature believers looking like tares.

I do not see where you get that the "angels" mistakingly uproot.I do not see any reference to angels here at all.

Matthew 13:24  Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field;

Sorry, bopeep, you didn’t look far enough:

Matthew 13:24-30, 36-43
24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
KJV

Pamelasv, the solution to this is that this parable is NOT talking about this current time period. It’s talking about the future 1000 years, the first 1000 years of the Messiah’s Kingdom. Notice that these “angels” (Greek: aggeloi = “messengers”) shall gather the tares (the ones who offend and who do iniquity) OUT OF HIS KINGDOM! Afterward, the righteous ones shall then shine forth as the sun IN THE KINGDOM OF THEIR FATHER - GOD THE FATHER!

If you’ll pardon the pun, the devil will PLANT some in the Messiah’s Kingdom who truly have no business being there. However, their lives will be entwined with those of the Messiah’s subjects and must be left there until the end of the Millennium. Then, at the second resurrection and the Great White Throne Judgment to follow, all shall be “harvested” either to burn (the second death) or to move into the next stage of God's Kingdom (the New Earth).

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

Matthew 13:24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field;

I wonder if you can hook up a key board to your smartphone. ? It would make explaing what I want to say much easier. I know it says angels later, but after typing and posting, I didn't feel like going back again and correcting it by saying 'reapers'.(which my bible says). So I made the assumption most people already knew what I meant. Tho I am aware bopeep is very knowledgeable in the scriptures. Edited by Pamelasv

You have a very glaring fundamental flaw. Angels don't make mistakes. They only do as they are told to do by the Lord. If they were to make a mistake, that would mean that the Lord would make a mistake or at least allow one to be made on His behalf.

Matthew 13:24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field;

I wonder if you can hook up a key board to your smartphone. ? It would make explaing what I want to say much easier. I know it says angels later, but after typing and posting, I didn't feel like going back again and correcting it by saying 'reapers'.(which my bible says). So I made the assumption most people already knew what I meant. Tho I am aware bopeep is very knowledgeable in the scriptures.

Are you kidding I do not have a smart phone.My cell phone is ancient and does not even have a camera.

You have a very glaring fundamental flaw. Angels don't make mistakes. They only do as they are told to do by the Lord. If they were to make a mistake, that would mean that the Lord would make a mistake or at least allow one to be made on His behalf.

That is why I was scratching my head RIck   :hmmm:

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

The point is not whether the angels can do their job properly but that the tares resemble the wheat so closely that they could be mistaken for wheat

The tares are the unsaved, whereas the wheat are the saved.  There are millions with the label of *Christian* who are totally faithful to their churches but are trusting in their good works, or good lives, or sacraments, or what have you, to enter Heaven.  They do not have the indwelling Holy Spirit, hence they are not wheat but tares.  They are Christians outwardly, but need to be saved -- religious but lost.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Pamelasv, the solution to this is that this parable is NOT talking about this current time period.

Retro,

Since the Lord says that "the field is the world" why should we project this parable to the future only when it applies to the present as well as the future?

The point is not whether the angels can do their job properly but that the tares resemble the wheat so closely that they could be mistaken for wheat

The tares are the unsaved, whereas the wheat are the saved.  There are millions with the label of *Christian* who are totally faithful to their churches but are trusting in their good works, or good lives, or sacraments, or what have you, to enter Heaven.  They do not have the indwelling Holy Spirit, hence they are not wheat but tares.  They are Christians outwardly, but need to be saved -- religious but lost.

Yes,well said Ezra I agree.