ayin jade

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  37

A huge part of my childhood now has a dark shadow hanging over it. Fat Albert was part of my Saturday morning routine. I'm not trying to cast a stone here...I'm just very sad and disappointed. I didn't want to believe it was true. :(

Dawn, i know what you mean.  When the allegations first came out, I felt the same way.    

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

Same here too...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

I'm just disgusted by this.  Bill Cosby was one of my absolute favorite guys on t.v. when I was younger.  I sincerely hope he repents and seeks God too. 

We all loved the Cosby show too.....it was such a good  family show and didn't he teach good morals in each of his shows? 

Sex is a stronghold and oh man can it ever bring a lot of people in to a lot of trouble!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

He is one of my favorites, also. I have sorrow and sadness in my heart for Mr. Cosby, and for everyone else that has voluntarily let this woRld have more of themselves than iT should have had.

If we are here to learn, what have we learned? If to teach, what have we taught?

Romans 3:22-24  (NASB)

22 even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those [a]who believe; for there is no distinction; 23 for all [b]have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;

If not to teach or to learn, of what profit are words, even among friends? I sit in the ashes with Mr. Cosby.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

A huge part of my childhood now has a dark shadow hanging over it. Fat Albert was part of my Saturday morning routine. I'm not trying to cast a stone here...I'm just very sad and disappointed. I didn't want to believe it was true. :(

Me too.Crosby is just not going to have the same meaning.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Stacy Dash, Denise's friend on The Cosby Show, has a really good piece about this whole Cosby thing:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/staceydash/2015/07/i-was-wrong/#st_refDomain=t.co&st_refQuery=/Nnit7AoGq5

Here's her summary statement:

I think of Bill Cosby now and I think of Uncle Freddy: two men who affected my life in a positive way, but who left wreckage behind them.  The evil, terrible, unspeakable acts they did cannot be ignored. I’m not sure why we want to elevate certain people and believe they are better than they are.  I guess for the same reason we hope we’re better than we are.

When things like this happens, it serves as a good reminder that only one man was perfect…  and thankfully that’s all it took.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

The world as a whole seems disappointed. I enjoyed some of his recordings and sitcoms in the past.
I was in a store yesterday that had a boatload of his DVDs "The Cosby Show" for cheap, and they were remaining on the shelves.

Praying for all of the victims involved.

I truly hope he repents of his sins and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

It doesn't take courage to admit to something when you know there will be no criminal consequences for it.  (Statute of Limitations is out on all the assaults he admitted to).  He also didn't admit to every charge of sexual assault.

There may still be civil consequences he will have to face, but he is an old man, so I don't know how much longer he will have to live with those consequences.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

It doesn't take courage to admit to something when you know there will be no criminal consequences for it.  (Statute of Limitations is out on all the assaults he admitted to).  He also didn't admit to every charge of sexual assault.

There may still be civil consequences he will have to face, but he is an old man, so I don't know how much longer he will have to live with those consequences.

There is always consequences somewhere down the line either on this earth or our judgment.

Guest shiloh357

He will face several expensive civil suits even if the SOL has expired.   But why did they wait so long?   Even the civil suits could ruin him financially.