• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

I read an article and come across this line in it  " 62 percent of Americans said they believe that God has given the United States a special role in human history ".   I will post a link to the full article below.  I was curious where this thinking comes from?  How is it biblical to say america has a special role in human history?  I also thought the article as a whole might make for interesting discussion. 

http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/2015/July06/061a.html

God Bless

Firestormx

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I think that Israel has a special roll in history not the United States.

I would agree with you Bopeep. I was just hoping someone here could explain this kinda thinking to me.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I would agree with you Bopeep. I was just hoping someone here could explain this kinda thinking to me.

It is difficult to explain a lot of the thinking we are seeing in our world right not.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

It is thinking that is brought about by knowing that much of the scriptures deals with types and figurative language. Application is made by default to this nation because of its prodominant role in the world today. I am one who agrees that America is one who will play a special role in human history but I am not entirely sure what that may be. We are a nation of people who separated themselves from those nations we have come out from and became sovereign even over many world affairs. We were the catalyst of the end of a world war. The list goes on.

The best question that I have yet to answer is Who exactly are we? I have ideas but no solid conclusions.

It is thinking that is brought about by knowing that much of the scriptures deals with types and figurative language. Application is made by default to this nation because of its prodominant role in the world today. I am one who agrees that America is one who will play a special role in human history but I am not entirely sure what that may be. We are a nation of people who separated themselves from those nations we have come out from and became sovereign even over many world affairs. We were the catalyst of the end of a world war. The list goes on.

The best question that I have yet to answer is Who exactly are we? I have ideas but no solid conclusions.

Can you share anything from the bible to support the idea that "America will play a special role in human history"?

• Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

America has obviously already played a special role in history.   The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution are very special contributions to the world stage in the area of human rights and limits on government in relationship to those rights.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Can you share anything from the bible to support the idea that "America will play a special role in human history"?

Joseph, that I will not even attempt to do here. Instead I will simply say that I believe it so. You asked for the line of reasoning that leads one to such beliefs to which I answer that I come to the conclusion by generalizations of application of Gods methodology found throughout the scriptures applied to what I see in the world around me. To me there is no doubt that God raised this nation up for great purpose. To others it isn't so. If your asking for nonfalsifyable evidence built upon a foundation of some class of hermeneutics then I have none.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

The United States and Great Britian have in a sense already pull a major role by following God's lead to help the Jews rebuild the Country of Israel as we both along with a few other countries help to establish the nation of Israel in 1948, and both help Israel to keep much of the Territory she has taken after being attacked by her Arab neighbors.  If I understand right until recently all the Presidents of United States since 1948, had an open policy with Israel if they needed anything from us, just ask and we would help.  But since or most recent President we have stopped siding with Israel as much as we use to and started to side with the Arabs a bit to much.