• Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,739
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

mark-twain-truth-fiction-300x468.jpg

The United States led by Secretary of State, John Kerry, along with leaders from around the world feverishly press Iran to finalize a nuclear agreement, the deadline set for this Friday.

"We've come to the end," said the source, on condition of anonymity. "We have just made one, final extension. It is hard to see how or why we would go beyond this. Either it happens in the next 48 hours, or not," Reuters reported.

This deadline falls in line with an Iranian holiday known as al-Quds Day (Quds being the name of an Iranian city), which according to Wikipedia, "is an annual event held on the last Friday of Ramadan that was initiated by the Islamic Republic of Iran in 1979 to express solidarity with the Palestinian people and oppose Zionism and Israel's existence, as well as Israel's control of Jerusalem."

Traditionally, al-Quds Day marks an annual time when Iranian leaders have led millions of Iranians calling for Death to America and Death to Israel. This festival has grown to be celebrated around the world, with protests in solidarity.

Wikipedia details the events which took place on Quds Day in 2012,

On 17 August 2012, millions of Iranians commemorated al-Quds Day, where they waved Palestinian flags, chanted "Death to Israel and America," and burned Israeli and American flags. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called to destroy Israel, which he termed an "insult to all humanity" and called to remove the "Zionist black stain." Ahmadinejad said that “the Zionist regime is a tool to dominate the Middle East," as well as that world powers are “thirsty for Iranian blood.” Ahmadinejad stated that "The Zionist regime and the Zionists are a cancerous tumour. Even if one cell of them is left in one inch of (Palestinian) land, in the future this story (of Israel’s existence) will repeat.” He further stated that "The nations of the region will soon finish off the usurper Zionists in the Palestinian land…. A new Middle East will definitely be formed. With the grace of (the Muslim) God and help of the nations, in the new Middle East there will be no trace of the Americans and Zionist."

Does anyone else find it a little ironic that the deadline to finalize a nuclear agreement with Iran is scheduled the same day that Iranians and their supporters around the world are celebrating “Death to America! Death to Israel!”? You can't make this stuff up!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

LOL... The enEmy has ALWAYS been FORCED to tell us exactly what tHEy are doing. God has made it so. It is STILL so. But when the bibles says, " To him that has an ear, let him hear"? It speaks of a great many who don't have an ear. This day and time? Not many have an ear. The enEmy will keep right on telling us what hE's doing, and the world will let hIm. They no longer care.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Heads Up~!

This is the plague with which the LORD will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths. Zechariah 14:12 (NIV)

My God Is Greater~!

For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings. Hosea 6:6 (NIV)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

Heads Up~!

This is the plague with which the LORD will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths. Zechariah 14:12 (NIV)

My God Is Greater~!

For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings. Hosea 6:6 (NIV)

Also... to him that hath an ear.

Brother? Thank you SO much for the peace you just gave me to go along with my coffee this morning. I love ya, Joe...