Guest cigero84

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I"m still trying to figure out how you can say we will not see physical death when we see it around us everyday.  Do you have any idea how many people die everyday?  Millions.  The Bible is clear, "It is appointed for once man to die, after that the judgement."   In all the Bible I have never seen anything anywhere, where it says we will never see a physical death, because it's just not there.

We have a corruptible body.  We inherited that because of sin.   We were not supposed to, but because of our sin we do now.  The wages of sin is death, not only the physical death, where our body no longer functions as God wanted it to, but also the spiritual death. We will live forever either in Heaven or Hell, as we choose in this life.  Do we choose Christ or do we choose our way, rejecting Christ as Savior and Lord of our life.

I think of people who choose to take their own life.  When they make that choice they die.  No turning back. The body dies, it's a fact. I worked in ER, and I saw a suicide, a girl shot herself in the head, she was dead, her body ceased to breathe, her heart stopped,  there was no mistaking she was dead.

You also said in chat last night we will never age, or grow older. That means children will never grow up. They will  never get older. I just got out some of my wedding pictures and I'm here to tell you I have changed, I have aged and not for the better.  I look older because I am... I was 30 then and now I"m 62 and believe me there is a change.  I don't care.  With each year that passes I"m just one step closer to Home, Heaven and when I get there I will have put on the incorruptible.  I might also  add that Jesus died a physical death on the cross.  He was dead for three days then was raised from the dead incorruptible, and someday we will also die, this body will cease to exist.   And remember all the disciples suffered a physical death too, most of them  in horrible way. The only one that did not die a violent  death was John the one who wrote Revelation, but he also died  I would say to you that you have a lot of studying to do. So much of what you say is way out of context, not to mention left field.  Someday you too will die, my prayer is that you are ready.

We shall not all sleep but we shall all be changed,so not all will taste of death....

The wages of sin is death,however it's not spiritual,it's the death of the soul,ie,the 2nd death

The soul that sins shall die,not live in hell forever

Flesh does age ,but after the change we will not,as for children,there won't be any,when Christ returns,will shall all be changed back to how we were....

If one understands that we are with the Father before birth,and that God created all souls at the same time,scripture would open up...

Had satan not rebelled,we never would had been made flesh

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

We mourn because although they are in heaven with God now, we are left behind and miss them terribly. It doesn't mean we don't celebrate the life they had but I also think grieving is a way of honouring who they were and how much they meant to us.

I don't think it's a shame to grieve

It is healthy to grieve and cry for a loved one who has died.It is vital for a person's recovery.

I wholeheartedly agree with you!!!

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Misconception is that once we die we immediately go to heaven or hell.

We first go to the grave where the "sleep" begins.

We will awake as the dead in Christ during the rapture/harvest.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

11 hours ago, Luci said:

:emot-heartbeat:

The Body Sleeps Until Jesus Returns

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
1 Thessalonians 4:14-18 (King James Version)

Whereas We First Go

These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 2 Thessalonians 1:9 (NASB)

To Jesus

Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. For we live by faith, not by sight. We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it.  2 Corinthians 5:6-9 (NIV)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  37

5 hours ago, Luci said:

As Joe said, the body sleeps, but not the soul.

• 2Co 5:5

Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

Tools specific to 2Co 5:6

copyChkboxOff.gif 2Co 5:6

So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord.

Tools specific to 2Co 5:7

copyChkboxOff.gif 2Co 5:7

For we walk by faith, not by sight.

Tools specific to 2Co 5:8

copyChkboxOff.gif 2Co 5:8

We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

• 2Co 5:9

Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him.

"well pleasing" is in the Present tense, which means now -  so Paul is speaking of those dead in Christ now being well pleasing to Him just as those alive are to be.

And Jesus Himself said:

Matthew 22:32    I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? He is not the God of the dead but of the living."

Abrahamm, Isaac and Jacob are not dead.

The are alive and are being pleasing to Him.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

8 hours ago, Luci said:

Sorry, but it seems that you are the one with the misconception.  Please study the New Testament Scriptures which deal with this matter.  No one goes directly to Hell (Gehenna = the Lake of Fire). The unsaved go to Hades and then to Hell.  But those who are saved go directly to be with Christ who is in Heaven. No "sleeping" in the grave, since the doctrine of "soul sleep" is false.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On 7/11/2015 at 5:25 PM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

My wife died almost exactly a year ago. I did NOT morn, I did celebrate. I was thankful to God that He took her, and did so quickly, and that he took her, before He took me. However, I know many people for whom I do not have the confidence, that when they die, they will go to be with Him. For them I will morn.

“And he said, ‘Then I beg you, father, that you send him to my father’s house— for I have five brothers—in order that he may warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’ “But Abraham said, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.’ “But he said, ‘No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent!’ “But he said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be persuaded even if someone rises from the dead.’”  Luke 16

"His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant.e You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master."  Matt 25

Sow a thought and you reap an action.  

Sow an action and you reap a habit.
Sow a habit and you reap a lifestyle.
Sow a lifestyle and reap and you reap a character.
Sow a character and you reap a destiny.

Sorry to hear you lost your wife last year Mega, someday soon you see her again..

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

I believe that according to what I understand and to be with in our content of scripture , that there will be a rapture, if it be during or after the tribulation , who knows, but when he gathering of those that sleep , rise first , and then those that are alive will all join together, at the gathering and the calling of God , by the angels, 

so I believe even though we see that  to be absent of the body ,is to be present with the lord, but I do not think this is yet , until the gathering or the harvest at one time, and then after the thousand year reign that the dead that rejected will be called up to judgment, , this is how scripture is explaining it ,and not I die now ,and I am in the presence of God, I would like that to happen , but this is what scripture is saying, that when jesus comes back for He prepares a place for us , and comes back to receive those that have been redeemed by the blood of the lamb,

I also have to say , that I cannot and I don't think any one can say other wise or prove it for we are not God, but when you die, the body stops breathing and the spirit , I believe leaves the body , but where the spirit goes who knows until that time , in a holding some where, , but I don't know as know one else can say if it automatically goes to heaven  at that moment, but if there is scripture to tell me other wise, I am all ears , thank you  and I meant to not be disrectful to others , blessings  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  37

15 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

I believe that according to what I understand and to be with in our content of scripture , that there will be a rapture, if it be during or after the tribulation , who knows, but when he gathering of those that sleep , rise first , and then those that are alive will all join together, at the gathering and the calling of God , by the angels, 

so I believe even though we see that  to be absent of the body ,is to be present with the lord, but I do not think this is yet , until the gathering or the harvest at one time, and then after the thousand year reign that the dead that rejected will be called up to judgment, , this is how scripture is explaining it ,and not I die now ,and I am in the presence of God, I would like that to happen , but this is what scripture is saying, that when jesus comes back for He prepares a place for us , and comes back to receive those that have been redeemed by the blood of the lamb,

I also have to say , that I cannot and I don't think any one can say other wise or prove it for we are not God, but when you die, the body stops breathing and the spirit , I believe leaves the body , but where the spirit goes who knows until that time , in a holding some where, , but I don't know as know one else can say if it automatically goes to heaven  at that moment, but if there is scripture to tell me other wise, I am all ears , thank you  and I meant to not be disrectful to others , blessings  

Even the ones beheaded in Revelation are in heaven waiting the resurrection.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

4 hours ago, SINNERSAVED said:

but when you die, the body stops breathing and the spirit , I believe leaves the body , but where the spirit goes who knows until that time , in a holding some where, , but I don't know as know one else can say if it automatically goes to heaven  at that moment, but if there is scripture to tell me other wise, I am all ears , thank you  and I meant to not be disrectful to others , blessings  

I hope you are sincerely "all ears", since you have a very serious misconception also. Please note carefully in this passage below where the spirit goes and where the body goes, AND BELIEVE IT:

But he [Stephen], being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God. Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord, And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul. And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep. And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles. And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him. (Acts 7:55-8:2).

So what do we have here:

1. Stephen sees Jesus in Heaven standing at the right hand of God. He declares this and pays for it.

2. Stephen is stoned, and knowing that he is about to die, he says “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit”. Did Jesus ignore this plea, or did He not receive Stephen’s soul and spirit?

3. Stephen is said to fall asleep. Is that not a metaphor for the body lying in a state of rest within the grave, even while the soul and spirit are alive with Christ? [God is not the God of the dead, but of the living is relevant here].

4. Stephen is carried to his burial, but where is his spirit other than with Christ?  [To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord in a very real way].