• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

15 minutes ago, Happinessity said:

That's true. The evangelist Billy Graham said when his wife Ruth died he didn't mourn. She was very sick and he rejoiced knowing she was no longer in pain and was with the Lord. I lost my parents to cancer a little over a year apart from one another. I can't say I was happy dancing around the house when they passed. Even though they weren't in pain anymore having been here in an at-home care program so we could have as much time together as possible without visiting hours getting in the way like at hospitals.

I guess I was not as mature as a Christian as I should have been then because I was deeply hurt watching them suffer and knowing they were at peace and on to Heaven as Christians. Even still , it broke my heart being I'm their only child.God knows we all take loss differently.

You are right, and we may handle each death differently.  I also miss my parents terrible but have the blessed hope that they are with the Lord and that I will see them again someday.   But God has blessed me with a Christ filled husband and children.  And I have a much closer relationship with God now.  This makes the loss of all who remember my childhood much easier to bear.  Besides, there is no one to remind me of what a brat I was back then. lol

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  260
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Willa said:

You are right, and we may handle each death differently.  I also miss my parents terrible but have the blessed hope that they are with the Lord and that I will see them again someday.   But God has blessed me with a Christ filled husband and children.  And I have a much closer relationship with God now.  This makes the loss of all who remember my childhood much easier to bear.  Besides, there is no one to remind me of what a brat I was back then. lol

:laugh: 

It's great when we outgrow the brat stage. We never outgrow the memories though.  How far we've come. 

I too have the blessed hope of seeing my parents again. I carry them with me in my heart and memories and that means they're never really gone from my life. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,096
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Happinessity

I relate to you completely as I too am an only child,our parents were all we've ever had and I think the bond is a bit different than those who have/had siblings.....so I really understand,I miss my parents terribly.....but we "onlys" can be very selfish,we never had to share them with anyone & had mom & dad all to ourselves,losing them is certainly not to say anyone elses loss is lesser than ours but,it is different

Yes,I do agree that God Has a Word for "someone" who is reading....Praise Jesus                                          With love-in Christ,Kwik