IGNORED

Where does the dead go to?

Guest cigero84

Guest cigero84

WHY MOURN, INSTEAD OF CELEBRATE THE DEAD IF DEATH BEGINS THE JOURNEY TO HEAVEN AND ETERNAL BLISS? 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

My wife died almost exactly a year ago. I did NOT morn, I did celebrate. I was thankful to God that He took her, and did so quickly, and that he took her, before He took me. However, I know many people for whom I do not have the confidence, that when they die, they will go to be with Him. For them I will morn.

“And he said, ‘Then I beg you, father, that you send him to my father’s house— for I have five brothers—in order that he may warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’ “But Abraham said, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.’ “But he said, ‘No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent!’ “But he said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be persuaded even if someone rises from the dead.’”  Luke 16

"His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant.e You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master."  Matt 25

Sow a thought and you reap an action.  

Sow an action and you reap a habit.
Sow a habit and you reap a lifestyle.
Sow a lifestyle and reap and you reap a character.
Sow a character and you reap a destiny.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

WHY MOURN, INSTEAD OF CELEBRATE THE DEAD IF DEATH BEGINS THE JOURNEY TO HEAVEN AND ETERNAL BLISS? 

That journey doesn't end in Heaven for everyone, cigero; only the saved.  However, we mourn the loss of those we love for soley human reasons even if we Know they went to Heaven because we miss them.  Your question and the title of this thread don't seem to match, btw. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I agree.If the person is an born again believer they are sure in a better place than we are.If they are not a believer then it is sad.Very sad.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I"m still trying to figure out how you can say we will not see physical death when we see it around us everyday.  Do you have any idea how many people die everyday?  Millions.  The Bible is clear, "It is appointed for once man to die, after that the judgement."   In all the Bible I have never seen anything anywhere, where it says we will never see a physical death, because it's just not there.

We have a corruptible body.  We inherited that because of sin.   We were not supposed to, but because of our sin we do now.  The wages of sin is death, not only the physical death, where our body no longer functions as God wanted it to, but also the spiritual death. We will live forever either in Heaven or Hell, as we choose in this life.  Do we choose Christ or do we choose our way, rejecting Christ as Savior and Lord of our life.

I think of people who choose to take their own life.  When they make that choice they die.  No turning back. The body dies, it's a fact. I worked in ER, and I saw a suicide, a girl shot herself in the head, she was dead, her body ceased to breathe, her heart stopped,  there was no mistaking she was dead.

You also said in chat last night we will never age, or grow older. That means children will never grow up. They will  never get older. I just got out some of my wedding pictures and I'm here to tell you I have changed, I have aged and not for the better.  I look older because I am... I was 30 then and now I"m 62 and believe me there is a change.  I don't care.  With each year that passes I"m just one step closer to Home, Heaven and when I get there I will have put on the incorruptible.  I might also  add that Jesus died a physical death on the cross.  He was dead for three days then was raised from the dead incorruptible, and someday we will also die, this body will cease to exist.   And remember all the disciples suffered a physical death too, most of them  in horrible way. The only one that did not die a violent  death was John the one who wrote Revelation, but he also died  I would say to you that you have a lot of studying to do. So much of what you say is way out of context, not to mention left field.  Someday you too will die, my prayer is that you are ready.

That journey doesn't end in Heaven for everyone, cigero; only the saved.  However, we mourn the loss of those we love for soley human reasons even if we Know they went to Heaven because we miss them.  Your question and the title of this thread don't seem to match, btw. 

Amen I still miss my husband of 25 years even after  7 years.  If anyone wishes he could come back it would be me.  However that is not possible.  He is gone from this mortal life and alive in Heaven!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  150
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Because we love them and dearly miss them, they have become part of our lives and it creates a void in us.

Same for instance when my daughter left to go to university, she was excited about starting a new life looking forward excitedly to her new adventures.  I took her to university she is leading a very happy life and I see her often but miss her dearly.  I know that it's best for her to go seek her own path and I know she is very happy but what Father ..or Mother would simply forget they had a child and move on. 

I'm sure many people could give many more examples.. goodness i even miss people when they are on holiday sometimes, even though I know they are having a great time !!

I'm a bit mystified about how anyone could even serioulsy ask such a question, seems obvious to me.

Andy

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

Amen I still miss my husband of 25 years even after  7 years.  If anyone wishes he could come back it would be me.  However that is not possible.  He is gone from this mortal life and alive in Heaven!

I'm sorry for your loss, R.A., but it's only for a while.  :mgbowtie:

I'm sorry for your loss, R.A., but it's only for a while.  :mgbowtie:

Yes only for a short while.  Compared to eternity what is a few years?!!!

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Because we love them and dearly miss them, they have become part of our lives and it creates a void in us.

Same for instance when my daughter left to go to university, she was excited about starting a new life looking forward excitedly to her new adventures.  I took her to university she is leading a very happy life and I see her often but miss her dearly.  I know that it's best for her to go seek her own path and I know she is very happy but what Father ..or Mother would simply forget they had a child and move on. 

I'm sure many people could give many more examples.. goodness i even miss people when they are on holiday sometimes, even though I know they are having a great time !!

I'm a bit mystified about how anyone could even serioulsy ask such a question, seems obvious to me.

Andy

Hi Andy, (AnythingIsPossible)

Your comments really touched me to hear a man speak with such a depth of care & love for His loved ones & friends.  God`s heart.

Bless you bro. Marilyn.