Sign in to follow this  
cigero84

Where does the dead go to?

My wife died almost exactly a year ago. I did NOT morn, I did celebrate. I was thankful to God that He took her, and did so quickly, and that he took her, before He took me. However, I know many people for whom I do not have the confidence, that when they die, they will go to be with Him. For them I will morn.

“And he said, ‘Then I beg you, father, that you send him to my father’s house— for I have five brothers—in order that he may warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’ “But Abraham said, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.’ “But he said, ‘No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent!’ “But he said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be persuaded even if someone rises from the dead.’”  Luke 16

"His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant.e You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master."  Matt 25

Sow a thought and you reap an action.  

Sow an action and you reap a habit.
Sow a habit and you reap a lifestyle.
Sow a lifestyle and reap and you reap a character.
Sow a character and you reap a destiny.

WHY MOURN, INSTEAD OF CELEBRATE THE DEAD IF DEATH BEGINS THE JOURNEY TO HEAVEN AND ETERNAL BLISS? 

That journey doesn't end in Heaven for everyone, cigero; only the saved.  However, we mourn the loss of those we love for soley human reasons even if we Know they went to Heaven because we miss them.  Your question and the title of this thread don't seem to match, btw. 

I agree.If the person is an born again believer they are sure in a better place than we are.If they are not a believer then it is sad.Very sad.

I"m still trying to figure out how you can say we will not see physical death when we see it around us everyday.  Do you have any idea how many people die everyday?  Millions.  The Bible is clear, "It is appointed for once man to die, after that the judgement."   In all the Bible I have never seen anything anywhere, where it says we will never see a physical death, because it's just not there.

We have a corruptible body.  We inherited that because of sin.   We were not supposed to, but because of our sin we do now.  The wages of sin is death, not only the physical death, where our body no longer functions as God wanted it to, but also the spiritual death. We will live forever either in Heaven or Hell, as we choose in this life.  Do we choose Christ or do we choose our way, rejecting Christ as Savior and Lord of our life.

I think of people who choose to take their own life.  When they make that choice they die.  No turning back. The body dies, it's a fact. I worked in ER, and I saw a suicide, a girl shot herself in the head, she was dead, her body ceased to breathe, her heart stopped,  there was no mistaking she was dead.

You also said in chat last night we will never age, or grow older. That means children will never grow up. They will  never get older. I just got out some of my wedding pictures and I'm here to tell you I have changed, I have aged and not for the better.  I look older because I am... I was 30 then and now I"m 62 and believe me there is a change.  I don't care.  With each year that passes I"m just one step closer to Home, Heaven and when I get there I will have put on the incorruptible.  I might also  add that Jesus died a physical death on the cross.  He was dead for three days then was raised from the dead incorruptible, and someday we will also die, this body will cease to exist.   And remember all the disciples suffered a physical death too, most of them  in horrible way. The only one that did not die a violent  death was John the one who wrote Revelation, but he also died  I would say to you that you have a lot of studying to do. So much of what you say is way out of context, not to mention left field.  Someday you too will die, my prayer is that you are ready.

WHY MOURN, INSTEAD OF CELEBRATE THE DEAD IF DEATH BEGINS THE JOURNEY TO HEAVEN AND ETERNAL BLISS? 

That journey doesn't end in Heaven for everyone, cigero; only the saved.  However, we mourn the loss of those we love for soley human reasons even if we Know they went to Heaven because we miss them.  Your question and the title of this thread don't seem to match, btw. 

Amen I still miss my husband of 25 years even after  7 years.  If anyone wishes he could come back it would be me.  However that is not possible.  He is gone from this mortal life and alive in Heaven!

Because we love them and dearly miss them, they have become part of our lives and it creates a void in us.

Same for instance when my daughter left to go to university, she was excited about starting a new life looking forward excitedly to her new adventures.  I took her to university she is leading a very happy life and I see her often but miss her dearly.  I know that it's best for her to go seek her own path and I know she is very happy but what Father ..or Mother would simply forget they had a child and move on. 

I'm sure many people could give many more examples.. goodness i even miss people when they are on holiday sometimes, even though I know they are having a great time !!

I'm a bit mystified about how anyone could even serioulsy ask such a question, seems obvious to me.

Andy

Amen I still miss my husband of 25 years even after  7 years.  If anyone wishes he could come back it would be me.  However that is not possible.  He is gone from this mortal life and alive in Heaven!

I'm sorry for your loss, R.A., but it's only for a while.  :mgbowtie:

I'm sorry for your loss, R.A., but it's only for a while.  :mgbowtie:

Yes only for a short while.  Compared to eternity what is a few years?!!!

Because we love them and dearly miss them, they have become part of our lives and it creates a void in us.

Same for instance when my daughter left to go to university, she was excited about starting a new life looking forward excitedly to her new adventures.  I took her to university she is leading a very happy life and I see her often but miss her dearly.  I know that it's best for her to go seek her own path and I know she is very happy but what Father ..or Mother would simply forget they had a child and move on. 

I'm sure many people could give many more examples.. goodness i even miss people when they are on holiday sometimes, even though I know they are having a great time !!

I'm a bit mystified about how anyone could even serioulsy ask such a question, seems obvious to me.

Andy

Hi Andy, (AnythingIsPossible)

Your comments really touched me to hear a man speak with such a depth of care & love for His loved ones & friends.  God`s heart.

Bless you bro. Marilyn.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Jonathan BeWell
      Praise the Lord, hallelujah!
      Praise You, God, for your purity and perfection!  Praise You Lord, Jesus Christ, for saving me and my testimony!  Glory be to You, God, our Father who art in Heaven!  Thanks be to the Holy Spirit's comfort, teaching and guidance!  All we know, understand, experience and struggle with is for your glory, perfect plan and unquestionable will.  I shall not want or crave anything outside of Jesus Christ's way.  Let me know if so, let me understand what You want for us is best.  May I pick up and carry my own cross, denying myself for You.  I worship You as all knowing, powerful and gracious.  May I draw closer to You and keep You as top priority in my family's lives.  You are first, my family is second and I am here to serve.  May I serve you reverently, fully and completely.  May there be less of me and more of Jesus Christ instead.  Jesus, You are thee only way, light and salvation.  All I need is You.  God, You take care of the rest.  You are in control, God, making and letting everything happen.  I am in awe and wonder of your creation.  I am eternally grateful, worshipping You and your Son for thee ultimate sacrifice and act of love.  This body is your temple, use it as You will.  Bend me from my will to yours.  It is all about You, everything concerns and relates to You!  Yours is the kingdom, the power and the glory, forever and ever, in Jesus Christ's name, amen!
      Sincerely yours,
      GregoryB
    • By Behold
      How did Jesus become our Savior. ????   Well obviously He is the reason you go to heaven. (Savior),= because you are born again, because you BELIEVED, and God  ACCEPTED your Faith, and gave you (made you)  His Righteousness.  ("New Creation IN Christ") Now its true that He was the Savior, always, even as a baby.....or as Simeon in Luke Ch 2, said.. "My Eyes have seen God's SALVATION", as he beheld baby Jesus. And in John 1:10, when Jesus "stood on the world HE CREATED", He was standing there as Savior of the World, He Created,  Colossians 1:16.... tho He had not saved it yet.   So, what 2 things did Jesus have to do, to BECOME our savior?   1.) He had to meet ALL the requirements of the LAW, and not fail. 2.) He had to die on the Cross, which means He became our sin bearer, our redeemer, our Justification, and our Blood Atonement.   In doing these 2 things, He became, our Savior....Literally, even if you are not  yet saved. See, here is the thing.... Jesus is LORD, no matter if you believe it or want Him to be.  And He is THE Savior, no matter if you are saved. Jesus does not become these things, once we believe them, but rather He is already, both.   One of the light-bulb moments a serious student of the New Testament will have, is when they realize that Salvation does not start when you believe....it is in fact finished 2000 yrs ago when Jesus walked out of that Tomb. It only becomes yours, when you believed.  Its APPLIED TO YOU< because you believed...  It was already there fo the lastr 2000 yrs.  Salvation was in the foreknowledge of God, before He even created Lucifer or the World or the Sun. Its been around for a while.  Salvation is something that Jesus finished 2000 yrs ago.  You get to have it, if you will believe.  If you do, then God, Christ, and the Holy Spirit, take up residence inside you, and because Jesus has obtained eternal redemption for you, and because He Himself IS Eternal life, that He Gives to you, then you are sealed into the Eternity of God Himself, and never let anyone try to convince you otherwise., as they are lying to you, Saint.   We can see that dying for sin is obvious as this explains the Cross.   God is judging Christ in our place, with those spikes, and that Crown, and that scourging  that came before Jesus was lifted up by those Spikes, between heaven and earth. Yet, before He could satisfy God's righteous judgment against our sin, by dying for our sin,  by becoming our sin....    Jesus first had to meet the requirements of the Law, so that this "curse of the law", could be taken off of us.  And Saint, never let a heretic try to put that Law back on you that Jesus shed His Blood for=  to deliver you from.   So, how did Jesus himself fully meet all the requirements of the Law?   He met them all, by being....... "God is Love". Jesus is God, and God is Love. See,... "love fulfills the Law". So you have this verse... :      Romans 13:10. "Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the LAW."   We as the born again, understand that all the law and commandments found in the (Torah - Old Testament) are fulfilled when we keep the NEW Commandments, that Jesus gave us. And when we fail, this is a time to begin again and be thankful that JESUS DIDN'T FAIL. Jesus said,  """Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment.  And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. """   So, the way Jesus fulfilled the law, so that the curse of the law was taken off the Redeemed, was to LOVE. Thats how He did it. GOD IS LOVE, AND JESUS IS LOVE. Remember this verse ???   John 15:13.  "There is no greater love than this—that a man should lay down his life for his friends""" And there is Jesus laying His life Down, on the Cross, and not just for His friends, but for His ENEMIES. That is LOVE.......That is how GOD LOVES..   And the way we stop sinning, is not by straining to try to stop.  Its not by fasting ourselves from the world.  As in both cases, this will actually cause you to be more drawn to the very sin you are trying to force yourself to stop doing. Remember that Christ said......."apart from me, you can do nothing" .. You can't bear Christian Fruit, .. You can't stop sinning.... and you can't LOVE Like GOD.......APART from Jesus. So, the way you do all this, is to be filled with God.   Paul describes this as.. "it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me"..   Here is the math... God is Love.  If you are filled with God, then you are filled with LOVE.  And this love, is the Power of Christ to keep those 2 commandments. The lifelong process of being "conformed into the image of Christ" that is fulfilled entirely when we meet Jesus....(Our Eternal Inheritance)..... This process of conforming is literally the process of being conformed into the Love Of God. The more like Christ we are, the more OF God's Love we have become.     blessings,     B
    • By Behold
      Do you ever just adore Jesus?
      Do you have a quiet and hidden place where you can just adore the Lord of Glory?   IN your bed, in your closet, in your car ??????
      Do you ever just say......."oh Jesus, you are so beautiful.  You are so beautiful...... you are the  King of Heaven,  the Prince of Glory,  the Prince of peace.
      Oh Lovely Jesus, you are the Lord, you are the Glory of God, you are the King of Kings, you are perfection, you are AMAZING GRACE.  YOU ARE LIFE.
      Who is like you Lord of Glory, who is your equal, who is like you......there is none Lord, You are the beautiful one, the perfect one, the Holy one.
      You alone are savior, peace, hope... You are the heart of God, and the Love of God..  You are the mighty one, the tender one, the rose of Sharon, the pearl of great price, the LIVING TRUTH. 
      You are the very Blood of God, shed as the eternal love of God freely given.
      There is none like you beautiful one, there is only you, the hope of God, the light of Heaven, the lovely lovely lovely lovely lovely, JESUS .
      Thank you for your cross, thank you for your blood, thank you for your name that is above every name.
      You name is the sweetest that ever was,  or that ever will be...
      Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus, thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU... !!!
      Jesus is SO worthy to be praised.
    • By Behold
      I thought i would finish the short teaching-message series for you i began 2 Thread's ago, and thank you for reading.
      This will be the 3rd part, regarding the same Topic, which generally speaking is regarding Eternal Security.
      To finish this 3 part, lets look at FAITH.
      First, there is a general misconception many Believers have about Faith, as THE savior.   Which of course is not the case.  Many who are not really  time invested in rightly dividing the word will never be deeply connected to an understanding of God's Amazing Grace, So,.. this type will usually  have a theologically  misguided idea about "faith" being their savior. And because of this, which is probably caused by them believing  misleading teaching that came ither from the pulpit or worse,  too much time spent over years studying theologically unsound bible  commentaries while their BIBLE became a dust magnet.   This  type believer is convinced that Faith saves them, and so, they believe and teach that the born again must hold onto their faith, or otherwise, they lose their salvation as a result of not holding onto it.   = This is not the truth, but a lot of people believe it and teach it.
      So, lets nail something down in your soul so that you can rely on the Truth.
      You are not saved by holding on to anything.  You are saved because GOD is holding on to you thru the Blood of Jesus.
      Now, from the last Thread, you'll recall (if you read it) ....that is  was centered on Philippians 1:6...... "God who began your salvation IN YOU, will  HIMSELF be Faithful to complete it"...= for you.
      So, as this is the case....then what  your faith did, is get God to release His Righteousness unto you.  So, its the Righteousness of Christ that God gives you, thru your BELIEVING, that is now counted as you being "justified by Faith", once and for all, in God's eternal perspective.
      Faith is not the Savior.  GOD is the savior, thru Christ.  And once you gave God your faith, once you BELLIEVED, then God Accepted this and this became your righteousness, that is God's  eternal gift to you,  that gave you the new birth, and put you "in Christ", and "Christ in You".
      God left Heaven, and became one of Us, virgin born,  just to do this for you.  Just to die for you...   Its an eternal Love Gift paid for by the Blood of God Himself, as Jesus on the Cross.
      2 ways to think of Faith would be to consider it the Channel thru which God sent His Righteousness.   Or, you could consider Faith as the transmission device thru which God  imputed His Righteousness into you, and upon you.
      But no matter how you consider faith, it is God who Saves and Faith activated Him to DO IT for you as a GIFT.  "the Gift of Righteousness"...
      THE end result is that you are SAVED. BORN AGAIN.  Heir of God and Joint Heir with Christ.      A completed SALVATION, that is ONLY ONLY ONLY ONLY based on Jesus shedding His blood for you, so that your sin is removed, forgiven, and in its place what was your unrighteousness has now become  Born again YOU as "the Righteousness of Christ".  This is who you are now. You are now "in Christ" because Christ's very righteousness has become your new Eternal Identity.
      Christ is where you are, (in you)  and you are where He is, "in Christ"... forever and ever and ever.    Amen.
      So, here is the end result of your faith.....
      This is so remarkable.
      Look at this wonderful verse.  Hebrews 12:2
      '"Looking unto Jesus  the author and finisher of our faith"
      Look at that.   This is more remarkable Grace.
      As some of  you read in the Thread from yesterday, It is God who starts (in you) and complete for you, your SALVATION..... Philippians 1:6
      So, now , Praise God, you have Jesus Himself who now LITERALLY takes over your faith, within  the Kingdom of God, and FINISHES IT FOR YOU.... 
      You gave God your faith, then God takes this and starts and completes your Salvation, while Christ takes your Faith and FINISHES THIS FOR YOU AS WELL.
      Jesus is the "author" of your faith, by being the one who wrote it, in His blood.  Then He finishes it, by His Resurrection, which is your Redemption and the Blood Atonement.
      When you "Look unto Jesus", you are BELIEVING....in the Gospel.
      To "Look unto" means to place trust in, and to BELIEVE...."unto Salvation".   and then God and Christ take it from there.
      Grace is remarkable.   God's Grace is a GIFT that in all ways totally completes your redemption for you. 
      Its starts with believing the gospel (faith), then God completes your Salvation and Christ "authors" your Faith after you Believe. Its a literal and eternal contract between you God and Christ.  This contract is  literally  written in the Blood of God, as Christ on the Cross.   And this contract is your Salvation, and its a FREE GIFT.
      Isn't all this Amazing?
      Its Amazing GRACE, is what it is... and the more you look at it, the more Amazing it becomes to KNOW.

God bless,

<B><

• By Behold
      Before i write this Thread's simple message, i wanted to again encourage you, all of you, to go to your local Gym and sign up.
      Many people use "Planet Fitness", but, whatever, no matter which, find one, and use it.
      Your phone book, or just looking on the Web for Gyms in your CITY or TOWN, will give you several options, i would predict..
      What age should you start?    If you are 16 and over, then go to a gym.  Use a cane?  Have issues walking?  Need someone to watch your dog?    Go to a gym.
      A gym is  a fountain of youth waiting for all, reader.  It'll change your life for the better if you will go and be consistent about it.
      IN 2 weeks, or less, you'll feel very comfortable going, as you'll see the same people......etc, etc, etc.
      IN less then 2 months, you'll begin to truly realize why im telling you to go.
      In 6 months, and until a year, you'll be saying to yourself.   "why did i never do this"... "I feel SO GOOD !!!!! "
      AND IT only gets better.....Try it.  You'll see.
      ----------
      So, i wrote a fairly detailed Thread yesterday "Eternal Security <> Salvation", and i hope you were able to read it and become even more secure in your Redemption if you already are, and if you are not, i hope that Thread and most of my Threads will help you to have a new understanding, a true understanding regarding God's Love poured out on you as an Eternal Redemption, thru the BLOOD of Christ.
      If you did read it yesterday, thank you, and i want to supplement it now with this Thread.  And you can recall from the previous Thread's topic...... that Jesus will never leave you.  Which explains WHY "Christ in you IS YOUR HOPE OF GLORY"..... And "hope of glory" means, you are going to heaven, expect this, look for this, and be happy about it. (HOPE).    "Glory" is eternity with God with Christ..  Its everything that you will encounter after you are either Raptured or you die.  And its all GOOD, and so good is it, that it has not even entered into your imagination, what God has prepared for those who love Him  who are justified by Christ's blood.
      As i was driving to the Gym this morning, i was thinking about teaching the simplicity of salvation, as this is not always taught in a way that allows it to be seen in its simplicity.   Now, ive taught the Grace of God all over the world, to people of many different cultures.... French, Asian, Russian, Muslim......etc..  And so, i learned that for Salvation to be understood as Jesus would want, for the benefit of the hearer, i need to be clear.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      So here is a clear understanding of becoming saved..    Lets say,  You are not saved.  This means you are not joined to God and His Family and to Christ.   The barrier is your Sin.   Your sin has made you UNRIGHTEOUS..... So, Salvation is God's method of making you Righteous.    Thats it.   Thats all it is...   You have no righteousness and so, you can't be joined to a Righteous God, whose name is HOLY.   So, you have a prob.   How do you get the righteousness that you need so that you can be a part of God's righteous family?  And this is where all ideas and false theology and "religion" bite the dust and die.   See there is nothing you can do, of yourself, to become righteous or STAY righteous.    You can't of yourself do either.     God knows this, so, He provided His very own Righteousness for you, as "the gift of Salvation", "the gift of Righteousness".   The main difference between an unbeliever and a believer is that the believer has been given God's righteousness, as a gift.
      God righteousness, functions as a completed righteousness.   Its all of it given to you, at once, and its sealed unto you, into you, and on you, until your day of redemption.  (When you meet Jesus).   God's righteousness Its Jesus on The Cross saying , "it is finished", and proving this is TRUTH by walking out of His Tomb....ALIVE.
      All of this is defined by and as GRACE.   Grace, God's Grace, defines all of it.   God's Grace, is Jesus.    God's Grace is GOD making you Righteous.   And the Righteousness He Gives you, comes from Jesus... who IS your Righteousness.
      Jesus is your Righteousness.   If you are born again, then you have Jesus's Righteousness in place of your unrighteousness.  Being "in Christ" means you are BECOME the Righteousness of Christ.   This happened because God MADE YOU RIGHTEOUS when you FIRST BELIEVED.   And in fact, you are exactly the same Righteousness as Christ, right now, and forever, if you are born again.
      Being SAVED, means you have Jesus in your heart, and in your Body.  And Jesus said He will never leave you.....  Being Redeemed means you have Jesus's Righteousness, in place of your unrighteousness.   God dying as Jesus on the Cross is how God accomplished this for you.   Jesus's sacrifice of Himself for you on the Cross, is how His Righteousness is given.... God then takes this Righteousness and offers it  as "For God so loved the world, that He GAVE"..... And everyone who will call on the Name of Jesus, believing in their heart the Gospel, ... God sees each heart that does this, accepts this faith AS Righteousness,  and He then takes  The very righteousness of Himself, which is Christ's righteousness, and (imputes) GIVES IT TO YOU, and it becomes you.  You as the "new creation in Christ" is you becoming God's very righteousness.  "Christ in you", is what causes it, and you being "in Christ" is the result.
      And then it gets even better.   Thats right, it gets even better.  .....
      First lets look at some words that actually mean "Grace", which actually mean "Jesus".    Understand that Jesus is Grace.  God's Grace IS Jesus... Jesus is Salvation.   Jesus is Righteousness.   Jesus is the Blood Atonement.   Jesus is Redemption... Jesus is Eternal Life   So, if you have Him inside you, if you are born again, then you have all those inside you, also.  = Hallelujah !!  .... And because Jesus said He will NEVER LEAVE YOU, then all of those concepts, that are your "Christ in you" reality..... are also never Going to leave you.  Not ever.
      Simplified ??     =   Because Jesus will never leave you, then Redemption, Eternal Life, The Blood Atonement, Justification, Sanctification, also will NEVER LEAVE YOU.
      So, do you see how God's Grace just keeps getting better and better?   All of that is in you, because Jesus, who will never leave you, is in you.
      -------------------------------------------------
      And here is the icing.   Here is the pièce de résistance........  Philippians 1:6
      """"Being confident of this very thing, that God which hath begun your Salvation in you will Himself perform it, until the day of Jesus Christ""
      Saint......Notice this verse carefully, as its a Gold Mine in a universe of Glorious Hallelujah's .
      This verse is one of the greatest verses in the bible, maybe the greatest verse in the New Testament, outside of  "God is Love and For God so loved that He gave, Jesus."
      This verse is telling you something, very very very important.  Seal it in your heart.  Deeply.
      Its telling you, that you can have Confidence in the reality, and the truth, regarding the FACT that God HIMSELF who started your Salvation, (made you Righteous) is Himself Going to Complete it for you..... until you meet Jesus.   
      So what is the simple understanding of this verse?   It means that God's salvation, that is given to YOU as a Gift, is all in His hands to complete for you, and He promises He will.
      It means that YOU DONT COMPLETE IT.......  He DOES !!
      What you do, is try to please God with your life, that is your Discipleship, but that is not your Salvation.  Your salvation is for God to complete, after Christ has become "Christ in you".
      Do you want the Koine Greek, and the Ghetto version, understanding?   Do you want it right across the plate so that you can give it your best swing?
      Saint, this verse means, that God created HIS Salvation, that you dont control.  A Grace, that you dont maintain.    A Redemption that you dont supervise.   Its simply means that God created His righteous merciful GRACE that saved you,  so that you can't mess it up after it does.
      And that is why you can't lose your salvation.  Its because God who started it, is the Same God who will finish it FOR YOU.
      Not you.   Him.
      Philippians 1:6
      This verse is simply teaching that The God who saved you, will Himself, keep you saved..... And as the verse tells you, you are to have CONFIDENCE IN GOD to do it.

B