• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

35 Free Or Inexpensive Activities… That Won’t Break the Bank

I. At Home: 

1. Play a Board Game Together – Inexpensive/Free – Monopoly, Scrabble, Clue, and Chess are classics. If you are into more niche games, grow your game selection by trying Settlers of Catan, Dominion, Castles of BurgendyPuerto Rico, or Acquire. If you want a fun game that takes less time and can be played with up to 7 or 8 players try one of our personal favorites Bohnanza.

2. Dinner and Dancing at Home – Inexpensive/Free – Cook together and then spend the evening dancing. Check out these 20 stay-at home date night ideas from Happy Wives Club.

3. Have a Movie Marathon – Lord of the Rings, Bourne, Star Wars, or chick flicks. Here's an IMDB list of top 100 greatest movies of all time. Or here's a Rotten Tomatoes list of top 100 kid and family movies.

4. Home Picnic – Inexpensive/Free – If the weather doesn’t cooperate have your spread on the living room floor! Check out these indoor picnic ideas on Pinterest.

5. Work on a Puzzle Together – Inexpensive/Free – 100, 500, or 1000+ pieces. Good fun that can take hours (literally).

II. Outside: 

6. Go on a Picnic – Inexpensive/Free – Sandwich makings, some fruit, juice, and a little dessert make a great outing! Check out these portable picnic ideas from Southern Living.

7. Go for A Moonlight Walk – Free – Romantic, fun, and costs nothing.

8. Go Hiking – Free – active way to enjoy the great outdoors. I've found EveryTrail to be very helpful.

9. Go Rock Climbing – Inexpensive/Free – For those with adventurous spirits and the gear, rock climbing can be great fun. This website is one of the best resources I've found on rock climbing. If you want some further ideas check out these 12 places to climb before you die.

10. Go for A Bike Ride – Free – For those more physically inclined who love the outdoors but would rather ride something. Miles of fun! Another resource I like is Trail Link for bike riding ideas.

11. Fly a Kite – Inexpensive/Free – Buy it the first time. Then enjoy those windy days! Check out this video on how to make your own homemade kite.

12. Play a Sport Together – Free – Basketball, Racquetball, Tennis, or Golf are always fun. Check your local community center or local parks through Kaboom.

13. Live Music – Inexpensive/Free – Some talented little known bands perform live at restaurants and/or bars.

14. Botanical Gardens – Free – Enjoy nature in your local city.

15. Go to a Park and Throw a Frisbee – Inexpensive/Free – Frisbee golf is also an option if you have more than one Frisbee. Again try Kaboom to find a local park near you.

16. Walk the Dog – Free – Take your pup to a park and have a blast!

17. People Watching – Free – At a local park or even the mall (I know that’s not outside but…)

(Continue reading: 35 Free Or Inexpensive Activities… That Won’t Break the Bank)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Excellent suggestions.And fun too   :grin:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

the last time we went on one of those cheap moonlight walks I stepped on a rake and broke my glasses........     $201.00 walk.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Board games. We have lots we have collected over the years. A favorite which we found in a little unique store is Outrage!

Another fun activity we do is geocaching. Getting a gps unit can be pricey but most cell phones can do this now and if you are really adventurous, you can use a plain old compass etc to do it. I know of someone who has found many of them the old fashioned way without a gps unit. We have found some urban ones without the gps unit after looking at the map on the site. Gas can get you with this game though. But you can just go cycling to find some. 

We love picnics in the park and feeding the birds. Even just reading in the park is fun. Gets us outside.

For inexpensive, dinner and a movie at the drive in theater. We bring our own dinner (you are allowed to bring in food) and the tickets are cheap.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Board games. We have lots we have collected over the years. A favorite which we found in a little unique store is Outrage!

Another fun activity we do is geocaching. Getting a gps unit can be pricey but most cell phones can do this now and if you are really adventurous, you can use a plain old compass etc to do it. I know of someone who has found many of them the old fashioned way without a gps unit. We have found some urban ones without the gps unit after looking at the map on the site. Gas can get you with this game though. But you can just go cycling to find some. 

We love picnics in the park and feeding the birds. Even just reading in the park is fun. Gets us outside.

For inexpensive, dinner and a movie at the drive in theater. We bring our own dinner (you are allowed to bring in food) and the tickets are cheap.

I wish we still had a drive in theater....

the last time we went on one of those cheap moonlight walks I stepped on a rake and broke my glasses........     $201.00 walk.

Not too romantic...I am sorry oo.  smiley-gen162.gif

I wish we still had a drive in theater....

Me too.I really liked them.

b4f9c480b0bf580bbe1cb99840321603.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hadn't heard of outrage AJ. Sounds like fun. What other games do you like?

Yes, I've recently heard about Geocaching. Sounds like fun! Which Geocaching website do you use?

We love parks. We try to take the kids at least once a week.

Love the idea of dinner and a movie at the drive in theater. Not too many of those left around here. What move did you watch last?

God bless,

GE

Ouch that stinks Other One.

Perhaps a different outing then would be in order?

God bless,

GE

Excellent suggestions.And fun too   :grin:

Which ones did you like best Bo?

God bless,