tigger398

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

He will not take over the temple, he will build the temple as a sign to the Jews who are looking for this attribute in a messiah.

where do you find this in scripture: "he (Antichrist) will build the temple"? Do you see this as being the only way to fulfill the "Antichrist/3rd temple/Abomination that causes desolation" event? The logic here seems to be a man-made theory in order to fulfill a misunderstood prophecy.

Okay, get your Bible out and put your thinking cap on...

Here goes...

Seems like an awful lot of biblical "gymnastics" in your thought process. 

You are missing these 3 points:

1 Cor 3:16 - our bodies are the temple

Luke 17:20 - 21 - the kingdom of God is within you

Eze 45 - Shows the holy place for the sanctuary is not located in the city of Jerusalem. 

I should have known... {{{sigh}}}

Your unqualified, unsolicited critique of the scriptures I quoted is both insulting and indicative of your disingenuous inquiry. You have a difference of opinion you want to air at the expense of another's by appearing to tear it down. And you misapplied the scriptures you cited to attempt to accomplish this sneaky assault. 

I quote 1 Corinthians 3:16 and the like often to show God never intended for the Temple to be built in the first place.

God commanded Moses to build the Tabernacle and gave him detailed instructions (Hebrews 8:5).

But the Temple / House of God was to be built by the Messiah (2 Samuel 7:12-13 is properly interpreted by Zechariah 6:12-13).

The House / Temple of God is not an actual building but the actual people who believe in Jesus and in whom the Holy Spirit dwells. 1 Corinthians 3:16, 1 Peter 2:3-9, etc.

This is NOT the subject of this thread. Solomon (at David's behest) went ahead with the construction of the Temple and God conceded to deal with Israel through it from that point on (in the same way he conceded about the monarchy in 1 Samuel 8). 

So, you display a lot of unmitigated impudence telling me I miss those three points you cite about God's intended Temple in my post where the subject was not even about God's intended Temple but was rather the unintended Temple Solomon built and its future legacy Temple.

Edited by JohnD

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

nothing sneaky or "assault"-like intended. I did not take the time to review the reason for the question. My apology. 

With the scriptures you produced, it's not clear to me that the bible indicates a physical 3rd temple being built. 

My intention was NOT to sound offensive, but rather it seemed that your idea and belief is the 3rd temple will be built - for whatever reason. If there is a 3rd temple built, it is not biblical. The bible teaches the temple as being the body. This was my intention with the 3 scriptures I posted.

Edited by mevosper

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

one has to do a great deal of violence to Scripture in order to "spiritualize" away everything and then talk about the Church  being the Temple of the Holy Spirit (totally irrelevant).

Not totally irrelevant, just requires discernment.  Let the reader understand.

Whose discernment?

2 Peter 1:20–21 (NASB95)

20 But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation,

21 for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

Yes, all scripture, including prophetic scripture, is inspired by God.  No argument there.  I was referencing Jesus' call for discernment.  That's all.

Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand).  Matthew 24:15

So, to answer your question as to whose discernment, it's the reader's.  The reader is supposed to understand, which is a call to consider the spiritual implication in addition to the natural. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0

Reply to the Op

His 3rd temple will be this one [Ezekiel 40] built for His coming millennial kingdom

There will be no temple of the Lord's on the mount during the coming tribulation period [Revelation 11:2]

Satan's Beast in the little horn of Daniel's visions will sit in a pagan temple of his "god" which is there today .... the Muslim Dome of the Rock [2 Thessalonians 2:8-12]

Edited by Daniel 11:36