JohnD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  895
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,598
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  8

Bear in mind, America was the result of evangelists coming to this continent to bring the Gospel to the New World. The founding fathers chartered the course of America on Christian principles (since making faith in Jesus to be a citizen was out of the question since doing so would nullify the Gospel premise whosoever will / not whosoever was forced to). And they went to great lengths and discussion and debate to base the laws and rule of law in America on those Christian principles without forcing faith out of anyone. This was why the Danbury letter in 1802 was worded the way it was (the separation of Church and State) and by Jefferson who was not a Christian but a deist who championed the non-forced faith element to the Constitution but who also conceded the Christian principle basis for American laws.

So, the question is most valid "is America about to be judged" for the recent depths she has sunk to in socially accepted moral depravity and debauchery but more importantly in how she has turned her back on the very God and very Christ she was founded as a nation upon? 

To not do so would be a testimony of God that these things are okay. He obviously blessed, and when she was in accord with his principles. So not to judge her for violating them would be uncharacteristic of God... I'll put it that way. 

Understand... God deals with us individually differently than he does with us corporately / nationally. And even with individuals there comes a point of 1 Corinthians 5:5 for the roller coaster ride of sin, confess, sin, confess...

Even if Ben Carson or Ted Cruz were elected tomorrow, no way would American do a national about face morally, spiritually, or otherwise. It would take a king like the king of Nineveh to make such a change and the ability to enforce it upon the opposition that would arise as surely as the sun will rise tomorrow.   

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,768
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  270

I would disagree that our founding fathers set up the nation using Christian principles....    Most of our population were christians and their moral and high work ethic made the country great, but our "government" has been pagan from the start.   Just look at Washington DC for clues.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Actually the land of milk and honey known as America is bearing the weight of those who are called Americans.  The so called Americans are being judged unworthy of the land they tread and are preparing to be deported either physically or through death.  It is coming for sure and it comes quickly!

Huh? How am I unworthy to live in the place I was born? Sorry, but I'm kind of a simple person Gary. 

Me too!  These hard to get with concepts had to be taught to me by those that do understand so please never feel less than or different just because you haven't learned something yet.  We are all equally worthy of love and honest truth.  So to answer your wonderful question:

How am I unorthy to lie in a plac I was born?

The same as the Cananites born in Cana were.

The same as the Israelites in Israel were.

If we learn from those whom it was written of then we do not suffer the same fate as they.  But remember some were left in the land so you or I may not actially be one of those counted worthy of deportation :) God knows! 

Gary, 

I know I have much to learn! It's a matter of from whom I learn it, and by what Spirit is teaching. I know ( as I have read much of what you have said ), that you would agree with that. Still, this is something that is fairly specific and could be likened to a prophecy. It would be helpful to know if this is scriptural or prophetic outside scripture.

This is nothing more than me looking at who God is and what he has done previously knowing that God does not change.  God has historically judged his people that are called by his name.  I am of the mind that America is a country that was given to the people of God who have since forsaken and forgot the God who brought them here and gave them the land.  

As one of Gods people I believe I am simply supposed to watch and pray for his help and guidance through anything that comes our way.  There are many scriptures that tell us over and over that God judges his people as well as other nations and that he watches out for and keeps those who are his therefore we can bank on judgement coming as we see ungodliness increase yet we can also know that for the faithful there will be deliverance.  

Be careful to be found of him in peace is what I am told.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

So, the question is most valid "is America about to be judged" for the recent depths she has sunk to in socially accepted moral depravity and debauchery but more importantly in how she has turned her back on the very God and very Christ she was founded as a nation upon?

To not do so would be a testimony of God that these things are okay. He obviously blessed, and when she was in accord with his principles. So not to judge her for violating them would be uncharacteristic of God....

"... The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained" -- George Washington.

If anyone is familiar with the Isaiah 9:10 effect, or has read Cahn's "The Harbinger," then you know what I'm referring to.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Thanks Gary! :)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

America is being judged IMO.  We have become a secular nation, omitting God from just about everything.

Not merely "a secular nation", but AN EVIL NATION (as relates to the laws, government, and systems of the USA).  When a government KNOWINGLY AND DELIBERATELY gives aid and comfort to evildoers (e.g. ISIS, the Iranian, Pakistani, and other governments which are committing unspeakable atrocities) then it is as evil as the evildoers. When the government and the courts KNOWINGLY AND DELIBERATELY promote sexual perversion through their laws, the murder of millions of innocent babies, the unnecessary deaths of hundreds of thousands of war veterans, etc. then it is AN EVIL NATION.

Ezra I am in agreement with you.

America is being judged IMO.  We have become a secular nation, omitting God from just about everything.

Not merely "a secular nation", but AN EVIL NATION (as relates to the laws, government, and systems of the USA).  When a government KNOWINGLY AND DELIBERATELY gives aid and comfort to evildoers (e.g. ISIS, the Iranian, Pakistani, and other governments which are committing unspeakable atrocities) then it is as evil as the evildoers. When the government and the courts KNOWINGLY AND DELIBERATELY promote sexual perversion through their laws, the murder of millions of innocent babies, the unnecessary deaths of hundreds of thousands of war veterans, etc. then it is AN EVIL NATION.

so have you reached the point of being willing to violently overthrow the evil in our nation?    It is the responsibility of us to do so according to our laws.  If your answer is no then we should be praying for Gods Judgment before it gets to the point of killing us all. 

Unless God expects us to overthrow our government then I don't think myself, my family or 99% of my friends deserve what you are suggesting.   We don't like it any more than God does.

Maybe we could coax him into killing about 2/3rds of the liberals on the east and west coasts and let the good folks fix things...  we seem to be having trouble out voting them on matters that really do count.

Edited by other one

Let the big one hit the west coast and that big old huge shelf that has built up on La Palma broke off it would send a 300+ foot wall of water to the east coast......     East coast and West Coast is where most of the Liberal voters are.....

Oklahoma and Texas could do just fine without them....   The people around Austin are smart enough to change sides when they saw the writing on the wall.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

so have you reached the point of being willing to violently overthrow the evil in our nation?

Violent overthrow is a last resort measure, and is not exactly what Christians are asked to do. In the meantime, Christians can speak out against evil, actively resist evil laws, and inform their representatives that it is high time to take a stand against evil and evil doers. This is where judicious voting is required.

so have you reached the point of being willing to violently overthrow the evil in our nation?

Violent overthrow is a last resort measure, and is not exactly what Christians are asked to do. In the meantime, Christians can speak out against evil, actively resist evil laws, and inform their representatives that it is high time to take a stand against evil and evil doers. This is where judicious voting is required.

Not a single county in Oklahoma voted for Obama....    we still have the ten commandments on display at our capitol (at least we did last week) because our governor told the courts that they were staying until we could get our laws changed.    Though we don't let teachers pray in our schools it is a against the law to stop a child from praying in our schools if they are not disrupting the learning process.  I have a close life long friend from grade school days that teaches a bible class in the high school he teaches in....      The problem is not that we are not voting and putting people in office to fix things, it's the east and west coast that doesn't want it fixed....

If we are not willing to stand up and take our country back, then we should be asking God to rid us of the progressives that are messing it up.

Edited by other one