angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

It doesn't bother me. It's just another Tower of Babel put together by high-minded academics and eggheads in their attempt to search for hidden truths that they'll never find as long they keep refusing to acknowledge God (2nd Timothy 3:7). Have you seen how big CERN is? It's huge.

As for destroying the World with their fancy talk of Black Holes and strangelets, well we know that only the Lord has the power to do that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm interested in physics but I don't worship it like these guys do.

This is in  front of their building.

cern_shiva_zpsmf7cs9ed.jpg

What is a huge statue of a Hindu god doing out in front of a place of Science?  This is a massive statue of Lord SHIVA dancing on the back of a demon-dwarf-man who symbolizes "ignorance"  SHIVA is the god of Destruction who is to Destroy the World & the Universe -- so that everyone & everything can be reincarnated & come back in the "likeness" of the ET "gods" 

Lord SHIVA is the god who is known as the Destroyer, sooooooo.....    maybe we should keep a closer eye on the little GodHeads with their "God particle" & their GateKeeper for those wandering "stars"...

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

What is a huge statue of a Hindu god doing out in front of a place of Science?  

From the CERN Courier:

On 18 June CERN unveiled an unusual new landmark - a statue of the Indian deity Shiva. The statue is a gift from CERN's Indian collaborators to celebrate CERN's long association with India, which began in the 1960s. It was unveiled by His Excellency K M Chandrasekhar, ambassador (WTO Geneva), shown above signing the visitors' book, Anil Kakodkar, chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission and secretary of the Indian Department of Energy, and CERN's director-general, Robert Aymar. The statue was made in India in the traditional style. The original sculpture was a wax model, around which a soil mould was made. Melting the wax left a hollow into which liquid metal was poured, and once cooled the mould was split and the statue polished and given its antique finish. (Jul 27, 2004)

http://cerncourier.com/cws/article/cern/29122/3

and what is the thought behind it.....   considering who this god is.    Hindu's have many gods, why pick the god of destruction....   especially since it is to destroy the entire universe.         I think I would have a problem with someone putting that where I worked....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  37

This is simply for informational purposes:

Shiva is the Hindu god of destruction AND creation - not just destruction.

I can see from a hindu's mind how they would see how Shiva would be appropriate for this building.   

According to Hindu:

Shiva is responsible for change both in the form of death and destruction and in the positive sense of destroying the ego, the false identification with the form. This also includes the shedding of old habits and attachments.

All that has a beginning by necessity must have an end. In destruction, truly nothing is destroyed but the illusion of individuality. Thus the power of destruction associated with Lord Shiva has great purifying power, both on a more personal level when problems make us see reality more clearly, as on a more universal level. Destruction opens the path for a new creation of the universe, a new opportunity for the beauty and drama of universal illusion to unfold. As Satyam, Shivam, Sundaram or Truth, Goodness and Beauty, Shiva represents the most essential goodness.

(I would put the link for informational purposes only, but I don't think that's allowed.)

It seems to me the underlined part would be seen as applicable to the research going on there in the Hindi mind.   Does it mean more than this?  I have no idea.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

angels,

I wouldn't pay attention to all that.

Here's a recent update on things. http://phys.org/news/2015-07-supersymmetry-physics-theory.html

Note, nothing catastrophic has happened.

other one,

Cool about your physics background. You probably recall discussing collisions, inelastic and elastic. All that the LHC aims to do is to provide a specific location for inelastic collisions of a particular energy and particular particle type to occur. That's it. Then through the mass-energy relation particles not yet observed due to their mass may be observed. There is no physically relevant different between protons colliding there and protons colliding in the atmosphere. It's just convenient for them to occur there due to the array of particle detectors.

angels,

Here's a recent update on things. http://phys.org/news/2015-07-supersymmetry-physics-theory.html

other one,

Cool about your physics background. You probably recall discussing collisions, inelastic and elastic. All that the LHC aims to do is to provide a specific location for inelastic collisions of a particular energy and particular particle type to occur. That's it. Then through the mass-energy relation particles not yet observed due to their mass may be observed. There is no physically relevant different between protons colliding there and protons colliding in the atmosphere. It's just convenient for them to occur there due to the array of particle detectors.

My problems with this don't come out of a physics book as much as it does the Book of the Dead...

But when people like Stephen Hawkins senses a possible problem with it, it raises all kinds of other flags too for me.    You can't settle my concerns with a physics book.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

angels,

other one,

Thank you Alpha :)

This comes from Christian point of view, as a Christian physisist ,can you see anything like this coming out of the experiment?

http://informedchristians.com/index.php/Articles/time-cern-and-the-bible

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I think other dimensions are interesting.

002872b8-47ba-420f-9236-07cc0d30fc16.jpgIt's thinking like this that got you in here in the first place :foot-stomp:

My preformed apology to this thread!

mecooncap.jpgI just can't help taking pot shots at her at times :happyhappy:

Scripture tells us all that will be into the eternity... in this alone, if we with all of what we are place

trust in, will produce unconcern for the depth with which man may plummet himself into learning! The purpose

for creation is merely a pointing device to the unbounded reality of God- no matter where we explore more

opens to learn than what was first perceived... Love, Steven