Should We Tune Out?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Is this where we all  are at this point?

Who really want to see the news and hear more bad news...

http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/2015/August05/051a.html

"The end of all things is near. Therefore be solemn and sober so you can pray. Above all things, have unfailing love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins" (1 Pet. 4:7-8).

Jesus is still saving people :

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1984

I agree with you, I say yes, let's tune out.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I like to stay informed and pray.When I see some of the really gross stuff I only read the headlines.It breaks my heart to read the whole story.  reading-smiley.gif?1292867661

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Matthew 24

42 Therefore watch; for you do not know what hour your Lord comes.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Amen bobeep and Jade, I watch and pray too...it,s just unbelievable how the world has changed from when I grew up,this generation has no clue what is normal and what is not,they are taught all lies and why would they not believe it? Its all they hear...good being called evil and evil being called good. Maranatha Jesus come...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  642
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

bopeep1909 said in post 4:

I like to stay informed and pray.

In order to stay truly informed, some people will need to buy a daily, local newspaper with national and international articles from the AP, NYT, etc. You may be able to buy these cheaply at your local dollar store.

Also, although it is expensive, try to get the WSJ and NYT, which are only available directly.

TV news by itself is next to worthless, unless you can get Al Jazeera, BBC, NHK, and RT on cable TV.

Also, Worthy is very helpful (including because of your personal contributions of news articles) in highlighting important news that people may not hear about anywhere else they visit.

--

Preterists sometimes revile futurism as being just "newspaper theology".

But Christian futurism considers today's news articles regarding such things as geopolitics and technology in order to help believers consider different ways for how exactly the never-fulfilled, yet still understandable, and almost entirely literal, highly-detailed prophecies in Revelation chapters 6 to 18 might be fulfilled in our future. For example, Christians at any time in the past could understand Revelation 6:4-8 refers to a horrible, literal war which will start the tribulation, and which, with its aftermath of famines and epidemics, will end up killing 1/4 of the world. They could understand this without having to know, for example, what nation will start the war, or what weapons will be employed in the war. What Christian futurism does is consider these things.

For another example, Christians at any time in the past could understand Revelation 13:14-15 refers to a literal image (Greek: "eikon", something made in the likeness) of the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of Revelation's "beast"), which will appear to be alive, which will speak, and which people will have to worship or be killed. Christians in the past could understand this without having to know, for example, whether the image will be 2-dimensional or 3-dimensional (or both), or what it will be made of, or how it will be made to speak and appear to be alive. What Christian futurism does is consider these things.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

We can't turn a blind eye to the world-we can't be a truly effective witness if we hide in our little holes and hope for the return. We need to be active in our community and nation, so we can be a proper light onto the world. If we don't stand, who will?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

I agree, Patriot.  We can't live on this planet and pretend we don't see, hear or experience what is really going on.  To tune out is to render yourself irrelevant.  It's a form of laziness and self absorption.  How 'tuned out' were Jesus and the Apostles?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Amen bobeep and Jade, I watch and pray too...it,s just unbelievable how the world has changed from when I grew up,this generation has no clue what is normal and what is not,they are taught all lies and why would they not believe it? Its all they hear...good being called evil and evil being called good. Maranatha Jesus come...

Yes,then you have those who say nothing has changed.Things are not any worse than they were 50 years ago   :45: