• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Iam4rgiven

Welcome to Worthy,you truly need support right now and prayers & also encouragement,Glory to God that He has lead you here to us,,,,,,,,I do believe you will be Blessed with Wisdom & Understanding through this Worthy Family by the Power of the Holy Spirit the ,,,,but first let me explain a couple of things to you so that you will get the most replies & many responses,the more the better

This is the "Seeker Forum" ,here a moderator must review all replies before they are posted so that all said will be in accordance to the Word of God & appropriate as this is the place where the "seeker" or "unbeliever " can ask questions.......so the responses can take a while to receive them,,,,,,

Everyone must have 5 posts before they can start a thread of their own,,,,,,,When you start oout here we would like to get to know you so we have a "Welcome Forum",,,,let me suggest that you go there & introduce yourself so that everyone can meet,greet & welcome you,,,,then simply respond to your welcomes & you will have 5 posts before you know it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THEN you can start a thread (on what you discussed here) in a more appropriate forum where you will get the most traffic(Perhaps"Am I alone" or "Need Advice") Oh & even put in a "Prayer Request",the prayers of the faithful availeth much.......

I do want you to get the best advice & support that you can,,,,,,,we are here for you

Now,you are 100% correct,your daughter was not born "this way",,,,God Almighty,our Loving Father,does not make mistakes..........I would be very unhappy to hear if my child was bound by this spirit just like you are,,,,,,,,,& she is very wrong about thinking"How can God hate me",,,,,,He does not hate her,He abhors what she does,her sinful lifestyle,,,,,,,,it is abominable to Him,that does not mean that He does not love the child He created,,,,,,,,,She needs help,she needs prayer,she needs deliverance & she needs to know Gods Truth,,,,,,,,she has been greatly deceived,,,,,,,

No Mom,you do not need to ask God to change you,,,,there is nothing wrong with you,you do love your daughter unconditionally,you cannot & should not accept her CHOICE,,,,and yes,it is the same as if she were a fornicater,a thief,an adulterer & so on,it is SIN

Does she know about Jesus?Perhaps she has heard but she does not KNOW HIM,,,,,He is the One to make her anew,to forgive,to reconcile to our Father

I am praying for you ,you are weak right now & this is the time you can be made strong because He Who is in you is GREATER than he who is in the world,,,,,this is the time you must increase your Faith by hearing the Word of God,now is the time for you to cast your cares on Jesus(His yoke is easy & His burden is light)       If you are not firmly rooted & grounded then what will you display by your walk?You can have Peace,Comfort & Joy through these circumstances and you can love your child without agreeing with the choice she is making,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Well,there is lots more to talk about ,I hope to encourage you to post this topic elsewhere & I will gladly talk more with you & help in every way I can,,,,,God Bless you,& I pray your daughter's heart is softened & convicted by Gods Holy Spirit,that He draw her unto Himself                               With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Welcome~!

~

Praying~!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Praying for you all. As you all lean on the Lord. For His grace and mercy!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/23/1971

praying

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,789
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I'm a mother of a 16 year old daughter and she just told me that she's gay.  I'm devastated to a point where I cried every night, could'nt sleep or eat.  I love my daughter very much but I have a hard time accepting this. My husband on the other hand is more accepting. I didn't get mad at her when she told me this.  I was calm.  She believes that she's born this way and that this is who she is. I, on the other hand believe that it's a choice. A lifestyle choice. I believe that nobody is born gay...just like nobody is born a murderer, a gambler, an adulterer.  I explained to her that having sexual desires with the same sex is not a sin unless you act upon it. She then told me that she believes that being gay is not a sin. Her exact word is "How could God hate me if this is the way I was born? God supposed to love everyone". I'm really hurt by this and just today i caught myself questioning God. I even asked God that if this is something she's born with then I need help for him to change me...to make me accept my daughter unconditionally...but if this is something she is choosing to do, then please help my daughter to change, to guide her to the right path, to open her eyes to the truth before it's too late.  She's a good daughter.  She does good at school, she doesn't drink or do drugs, she's still a virgin ( she's not sexually active).  I really don't believe that she's gay because she had one bf before and it lasted for almost 4 months. I'm just so confused right now.  I need prayers...and I am asking God to guide her with the choices she'll make. Please I need help.  I'm so depressed right now I don't know what to do or how to handle this situation. Please help.

One of the things in your foundation of thinking is flawed:

I believe that nobody is born gay...just like nobody is born a murderer, a gambler, an adulterer.

Yes we are born sinners and the sin we will do... it is the way of the world! This is a salvation issue where she

needs to be born of a new heart and capacity to think, desire, work differently. The Love you need to show her 'IS'

God's Love and that is not acceptance of her choice of sin but the gentle, prayerful, loving rebuke of the sin she

has chosen as okay... certainly we pray for you in this but more importantly you must draw near to our Lord and in

brokenness of spirit and a broken and contrite heart -The Lord will require this of you

Ps 51:17

17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken

and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

KJV

and as this living sacrifice to God you will be foundationed in this promise

Ps 34:18-19

18 The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart;

and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. 19 Many are

the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth

him out of them all.

KJV

The reward is before you- it is your daughter standing at the brink of destruction...

My prayer is that your daughter see what sin does to a pure heart- that of The Son

on the cross this brings repentance and why all sin is to be disdained and avoided

at all cost this brings the need of salvation! Love, Steven

Guest Thallasa

Ok Omegaman, I bow to your precision here on the parent thing  ,but I do think that on observing very young children  ,

each of us has a particular weakness, which can be exploited by those whose souls are less than pure in their motivations .

Those who make money ,those who need to have power over others etc.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hello Iam4given,

Many people out there believe that people are born gay and that is not true. The gay agenda has been pushed by the government and is accepted by so-called Christians. Many people who are gay, do not even believe in a higher power. Being gay is a choice and that choice goes against God. The reason that is an abomination to HIM is that nothing comes from it. People cannot have children if they are gay. When God spoke to Adam and Eve, Noah and his family after the flood; he told them to go forth and multiply (have children). People who are gay cannot do that! 

I will pray for you and your family!

(Lev 18:22)  Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/30/1980

Proverbs 22:6.  

She is still young so I believe her mind could change.  I would ask her about what type of future she would like to have (i.e. kids, wedding day) and see if she's really thought it out.  If she does eventually want kids, I'd explain to her that she' be denying her kids of everything her father has done for her.  I think you've done a great job of being understanding.  Keep praying and hope that her heart changes.