• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

30 minutes ago, ENOCH2010 said:

To support the Lord while he  saves Israel.

Hi Enoch 2010,

Yes I believe also that the Body of Christ will `support` the Lord while He saves Israel & executes the judgments upon the rebellious nations of the world. That is a consequence of the Body of Christ being caught away. You are nearly there I believe as to WHY the Body of Christ is `caught away` at that precise moment in time. You have stated it from the view of US, so can you state the WHY from the view of what is happening with regard to the Lord Himself, (as all scripture is Christ focussed).

Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

5 hours ago, ENOCH2010 said:

To support the Lord while he  saves Israel.

Actually the Lord will deal with Israel's enemies single-handedly while the saints and angels observe. See Revelation 19.

5 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

I do agree that `eternal union & communion with God & Christ,` is important, but that could have come about without being raptured - just a consequence of dying in the Lord.

Not really. Dying in the Lord is only a partial salvation. Being resurrected, perfected, and glorified is the completion and CULMINATION of salvation. And then going on to occupy the mansions in the New Jerusalem while receiving their eternal inheritances is also part and parcel of the fulness of salvation.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

Not really. Dying in the Lord is only a partial salvation. Being resurrected, perfected, and glorified is the completion and CULMINATION of salvation. And then going on to occupy the mansions in the New Jerusalem while receiving their eternal inheritances is also part and parcel of the fulness of salvation.

Hi Ezra,

Thank you for adding those important points -  `Being resurrected, perfected, and glorified is the completion and CULMINATION of salvation.`

Now can you answer my question which I have been asking you for the past couple of posts?

`the purpose of the Body of Christ being caught away to the third heaven, with the Lord, at that particular time, is ....................................` 

Marilyn.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 8/14/2015 at 10:58 AM, Last Daze said:

Hi Marilyn,

I'm not sure what you mean by "connecting" the head to the body.  Isn't Christ the head (authority) of the church now?  What scriptures back up this future connecting?

On 8/14/2015 at 10:52 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Last Daze,

Thank you for this interesting conversation. I will give you my thoughts on the first part of your comments as it deals with the `Why the Body of Christ is `caught up.` Now you said –

Greetings, Marilyn and Last Daze.

Grace and mercy and peace from our Lord Jesus Christ.

This talk of you served to open my mind. I never had concern myself with the difference among the terms used to qualify the Church:

Ø  God's husbandry (1Cor 3.9)We are the husbandry and each person that Jesus bring to us, a tree (or flower, if preferring) in our husbandry. The highlight here it is our function of nourishing those who Jesus puts in our lives.

Ø  God's building (1Cor 3.9) – We are the building and each person that Jesus bring to us, a lively stone in it (1Peter 2.5). The contrast here it is our obligation of serving of harbor to who is leaving out of the world (see Isaiah 14.32).

This two titles referring themselves to the work of the Christ in the life of each one (individually), so that each one be temple of Jesus (1Corinthians 3.16; 6.19; 2Corinthias 6.16), where those who believe in Jesus and His Word can sacrifice yourself happily and to be one in Christ with us.

Ø  Body of Christ (Romans 7.4; 1Corinthians 10.16; 12.27; Ephesians 4.12). – Here we have the way of Jesus manifesting His life in this world through the harmonious work of each member, such as a maestro orchestrates each integrant of his equip.  

Note that this three titles are explicitly given to the Church.

Ø  Lamb’s Bride (Rev 21.9) – Repair that in nowhere in the Sacred Scripture there is the description “Bride of the Christ” or “Bride of Jesus” (or something similar). Only in Revelation appear the title “Lamb’s Wife” or “Lamb’s Bride”. I believe that this happens because the Church only will be Bride of the Lamb after the rapture.

In other words, who go to be caught up is the Lamb’s Bride (and not the “Body of Christ”, “God’s husbandry” or “God’s building”). Although these four titles refer themselves to the Church, the three first titles already are a reality now.

Jesus isn’t going to connect himself to His husbandry, building or body. He ALREADY is sowing His seed (Matthew 13.3), edifying His building (Matthew 16.18) and manifesting His mind and feelings all over the world (by His body – like prophesied in Isaiah 11.9 and Habakkuk 2.14).

The only thing missing to perform is we are only a single flesh with Him (Genesis 2.24), like prophesied in Sacred Scripture (1Corinthians 15.48-54; Colossians 3.4; 1John 3.2). The likeness that now is only in Spirit, then will be in the flesh too.

On 8/14/2015 at 10:58 AM, Last Daze said:

Are you saying that the martyrs who hold to the testimony of Jesus that are killed during the great tribulation are not part of the body of Christ?

The body of Christ continue here after the rapture (Jesus will continue to save lives).

I go to think more about this and, when I get a answer, I post here.

May Jesus bless you.

Edited by Leonardo Von

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 10/22/2016 at 4:38 AM, Marilyn C said:

Trust you bro to bring up another old thread. These must be topics you like to comment on, ay. Now as to those Feasts I personally cannot see them relating to the Body of Christ in scripture. I do see them, however, in God`s word relating to Israel.

Hi Marilyn,

Grace and mercy and peace from our Lord Jesus Christ.

In fact, all that has to do with eschatology interests me, mainly when someone makes an intelligent question. After all, I never had thought about this. I always concern me about “when the rapture will happen” or “who will be caught up” or “How will be the rapture”, or something similarly. But it is the first time that I see someone to question this. Very good! This has opened my mind.

About the association of the circumstances in which will happen the rapture, with the old testament, I see this in a prophetical mode. Although all old testament had been for Israel, prophetically, it points to what Jesus does (and still will do) in relation to His Church.

• "Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times [ the things ] that are not [ yet ] done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:" (Isaiah 46.10).

May Jesus bless you.

Edited by Leonardo Von

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

15 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Yes I believe also that the Body of Christ will `support` the Lord while He saves Israel & executes the judgments upon the rebellious nations of the world. That is a consequence of the Body of Christ being caught away. You are nearly there I believe as to WHY the Body of Christ is `caught away` at that precise moment in time. You have stated it from the view of US, so can you state the WHY from the view of what is happening with regard to the Lord Himself, (as all scripture is Christ focussed).

Because at that time the Lord is going to begin to pour out his wrath, and God has not appointed us to have any part in that wrath.

1 Thes. 5:2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. ... 9 But God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ...

Everyone on earth will undergo at least some of the fallout from the effects of God's Wrath, even those who will be protected and provided for during that time. But the Church, the Lord's chosen, will be fully exempted from all those effects, by her being removed immediately before that Wrath begins.

12 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Ezra,

Thank you for adding those important points -  `Being resurrected, perfected, and glorified is the completion and CULMINATION of salvation.`

Now can you answer my question which I have been asking you for the past couple of posts?

`the purpose of the Body of Christ being caught away to the third heaven, with the Lord, at that particular time, is ....................................` 

Marilyn.

Marilyn,

That is the answer you are looking for.  As to "at that particular time", the timing is related to the completion of the Church -- the fulness of the Gentiles within the Church (Rom 11:25).  

When the requisite number of Gentiles has been added (which only God knows) it will be time for the Rapture.

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Hi all,

I want to thank you all for a good discussion. Now I have to go out today but later,  I thought I would do a summary of all the reasons people have put forth for the WHY. Also I will reply to each comment.

regards, Marilyn. 

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

5 hours ago, Ezra said:

As to "at that particular time", the timing is related to the completion of the Church -- the fulness of the Gentiles within the Church (Rom 11:25).  

When the requisite number of Gentiles has been added (which only God knows) it will be time for the Rapture.

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Luke 21:24 “And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled."

Matt. 24:14 “And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."

Is there really "a requisite number" that are to be saved before the Lord will come? As you say above.

Or, is the Lord's coming not contingent upon any specific number, but rather upon requisite events, which are not bound by any specific number of those to be saved?

I don't know, offhand, of any scripture that establishes the first question, would be interested to hear if you have one. Romans 11:25 does not do so to me.