• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, nChrist said:

1 Thessalonians 1:9-10 KJV  9  For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;  10  And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 KJV  13  But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.  14  For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.  15  For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  16  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  17  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  18  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Thessalonians 5:9-11 KJV  9  For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,  10  Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.  11  Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

Hi nChrist,

This is what I said -

`Good scripture there bro, & glad you wrote it out as not everyone looks them up. Now as I have said to others, that is in relation to us as believers, so do you see the part that says `to wait for His Son from heaven,...`  so WHY do you think God the Father sends His Son? What is going to happen in relation to the Son?`

Now you said -

`It's all in the Scripture I quoted.`

So reading the good scriptures that you gave, gives us an understanding from our perspective of the WHY Jesus is coming. However from scripture it is not the initiating purpose.

God sends Jesus because it is the specific time for .................................................................. (relating to God`s purpose for Jesus.)

regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,103
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

12 hours ago, Ezra said:
14 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Or, is the Lord's coming not contingent upon any specific number, but rather upon requisite events, which are not bound by any specific number of those to be saved?

Since the Rapture is imminent, it is not affected by events. However that Scripture [Romans 11:25] does indicate a specific number -- a filling up or a full complement -- which God considers as the completion of the Church.  

This has nothing to do with the desecration or defilement (signified by "trodden down" or "trampled") of Jerusalem by the Gentiles -- called "the times of the Gentiles".

Strong's Concordance
pléróma: fullness, a filling up

Luke 21:24 “And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled."

The verb for "are fulfilled" is from the root pleroo, from which pleroma is derived. So to say that Romans 11:25 is "has nothing to do with" Luke 21:24 is a bit of a stretch, in my humble opinion.

One might say that since God already knows the number to be saved, when that number is reached it has been filled up. But one might equally say that the number to be saved was not set by God himself, but rather determined by free will: all those who chose to believe the Gospel before the day God has predetermined to bring his judgment and wrath upon the world:

Acts 17:31 “...because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained."

Dan. 11:35 “And some of those of understanding shall fall, to refine them, purify them, and make them white, until the time of the end; because it is still for the appointed time."

On 8/6/2015 at 0:50 AM, Marilyn C said:

I can think of at least 10 good reasons (& there are probably more) as to WHY the Body of Christ is `caught up.` ...

So my question for discussion is - `WHY` is the Body of Christ `caught up?`
What reason/s do you see that the Body of Christ is `caught up?`

8 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

So reading the good scriptures that you gave, gives us an understanding from our perspective of the WHY Jesus is coming. However from scripture it is not the initiating purpose.

God sends Jesus because it is the specific time for .................................................................. (relating to God`s purpose for Jesus.)

It seems you are moving the goal posts from your original question.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Hi WilliamL,

You are so right. When this old thread came up I read my OP & thought did I say that? Now what are those 10 reasons I had last year? So I apologise to everyone and may I rephrase my thinking. I believe there are many reasons surrounding the `catching away` the rapture, but there is one initiating purpose - the Why, it happens.

Will post the summary soon. Marilyn.

PS. Glad you are watching carefully William. Thank you.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Marilyn

Hey Sis,another interesting Thread(resurrected-lol)  but it was for a good read.I 've thought about this on many occasions & I either came up with this reason or that reason ,supported by some verse of Scripture but my conclusion was this,I really cannot know Gods WHY,I do believe it will surprise me,,,,,,I can think of many reasons why He would catch away His Bride,to spare us,so we serve this Purpose & that Purpose.......I don't see a definitive WHY that can tell me what Gods Reason would be....I don't think I can imagine as High as His Thoughts........I don't believe I can offer anything more than anyone else has that could possibly serve to Glorify God in the Most Magnificent Way.......                                        With love-in Christ,Kwik

55 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

I believe there are many reasons surrounding the `catching away` the rapture...

Your original 10 is a good number, very Hebraic. But since the Holy One is infinite in his ways...we could be here posting reasons until the very Day and never come up with all of them!

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,570
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

14 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi nChrist,

This is what I said -

`Good scripture there bro, & glad you wrote it out as not everyone looks them up. Now as I have said to others, that is in relation to us as believers, so do you see the part that says `to wait for His Son from heaven,...`  so WHY do you think God the Father sends His Son? What is going to happen in relation to the Son?`

Now you said -

`It's all in the Scripture I quoted.`

regards, Marilyn.

Shalom, Marilyn.

This is what I was talking about! Yeshua` Himself gave us the reason:

Matthew 23:39
39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
KJV

This is a quote from Psalm 118:26 and the Hebrew phrase is "Baruwkh haba' bshem YHWH!" "Welcome, Comer in the name of (on the authority of) YHWH!"

He's NOT coming back until the Jews in Jerusalem WELCOME HIM BACK!

Remember this song I shared?

Seven hundred years before His timely birth,

A prophet of great boldness came to tell the men of earth

That there would come a powerful man anointed to be King;

Of His surprising miracles the populace would sing:

Of healing pow’r to make blind see and deaf to hear His voice,

Of pow’r to even raise the dead and cause men to rejoice!

Of all these things and so much more the children would sing songs,

But … only children welcomed Him to remedy their wrongs.

A song was written years before Isaiah was a child,

Predicting that Christ won’t fit into systems then gone wild:

“The builders of the pyr’mid said, ‘The stone does not fit in!’

When they were done, it capped the work and much to their chagrin!”

The Messiah was rejected, ridiculed, and slain …;

But to the shock of all involved, He came to life again!

But, He did not then cap the work of which the song declared.

Instead, He left the earth until He hears the message dared:

“We care not whether you were He of whom the Christians claim;

We only know we need you now, or we will die in shame!

We’ve heard of you, Messiah fair, and of your pow’r we read;

Please come and rescue us, dear Sire, in this our time of need!

“If you won’t save us now, there will be no one left to save.

The nation Isra’el is doomed, and we can see our grave.”

And in the nation Isra’el’s gloomiest, darkest hour,

Will come the Prince (not yet the King) in majesty and pow’r!

And when they see Messiah diving down with kingly steed,

And all the thousands following to aid the ones in need,

Then shouts of victory will echo all across the land

With sighs of relief and gasps of awe as He saves with mighty hand!

And then will He be made a King, accepted now at last!

And then a King o’er many kings as one by one they ask!

Ah, but for now He is the Christ——anointed to be King,

And although He is not King now, he will be in the “Spring ….”

For now, the “Winter” slowly drags with vernal guarantees,

And time goes on at God’s own pace with thoughtfulness and ease.

He fills each age with purpose and a reason for each pause:

To get the most from every age and weed out all the flaws.

So boast not, Christian Gentile, for you are grafted in

To share Messiah’s bounty prematurely! Do not sin!

If God spared not the people whom He worked with many years,

What will He do if you should speak against them without tears?

The Scriptures say so little ’bout this time in which we live,

Could it be that we’ve read into it much more than He did give?

Why must we feel that we’re the ones for whom the sun must shine?

Why do we think we’re all who’ll be at the marriage feast to dine?

Get rid of that old foolish pride! We’re grafted in, I say!

This high-and-mighty attitude will come to humbler day!

It should be crushing blow to think that Christ’s return will be

When Isra’el cries, “If you will come, we’ll surely kneel to Thee.”

Edited by Retrobyter
to remove formatting errors

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Marilyn

Hey Sis,another interesting Thread(resurrected-lol)  but it was for a good read.I 've thought about this on many occasions & I either came up with this reason or that reason ,supported by some verse of Scripture but my conclusion was this,I really cannot know Gods WHY,I do believe it will surprise me,,,,,,I can think of many reasons why He would catch away His Bride,to spare us,so we serve this Purpose & that Purpose.......I don't see a definitive WHY that can tell me what Gods Reason would be....I don't think I can imagine as High as His Thoughts........I don't believe I can offer anything more than anyone else has that could possibly serve to Glorify God in the Most Magnificent Way.......                                        With love-in Christ,Kwik

Hi Kwikphilly,

How nice of you to contribute. I also wouldn`t know of God`s purpose unless it is written in His word. And that is what we are discussing. There are more scriptures yet to be looked at. So much to learn off each other - even your `glorify God in the Most Magnificent Way,` is so uplifting.

Marilyn.

2 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Your original 10 is a good number, very Hebraic. But since the Holy One is infinite in his ways...we could be here posting reasons until the very Day and never come up with all of them!

Hi WilliamL,

Yes we would be here posting till the day,  `since the Holy One is infinite in His ways,` however.....He has revealed to His Apostles & Prophets & other ministries His particular purpose. So let`s continue.

Marilyn.  

37 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Marilyn.

This is what I was talking about! Yeshua` Himself gave us the reason:

Matthew 23:39
39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
KJV

This is a quote from Psalm 118:26 and the Hebrew phrase is "Baruwkh haba' bshem YHWH!" "Welcome, Comer in the name of (on the authority of) YHWH!"

He's NOT coming back until the Jews in Jerusalem WELCOME HIM BACK!

Hi Retro,

Great words of the song, thank you. However I do see that the Lord is coming separately for the Body of Christ. So I will continue.

Marilyn.