IGNORED

Who or what is the two witnesses of god in the end times?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 8/6/2015 at 11:41 AM, SINNERSAVED said:

I know Brothers and Sisters that you have seen this common post before but I am new and it is tough to go back into history , so can some one please tell me who the two witnesses of god is or what the two witnesses stand for if it be symbolic, for I have heard so many different answers and I know this is the place to post this , so hear is what I was told in the pass, moses and elijah, enoch and moses, it is the old testament and the new , it is the church, it is the law and grace, I know it tells of two possible prophets of old , but they are over come killed in the street and then raised on the third day and so I have heard all types of things on this, sorry about the spelling forgive me, but I hope its clear to read , and if they do show up is it during tribulation or when gods wrath is being poured out, trying to get the scene and the timing of these two , and how the 144,000 virgin males are in the time of this end mentioned in revelation, thank you I know its a mouth full but what do you say I am open for scriptural teaching, and any help will be appreciated thank you

The period key must be broken on the keyboard!

Actually, my answeris not that complex . . . 

The OP pretty much has the theories listed.

Seems to me, there are some things we can be sure of:

• The theories are right, or . . .
  • The theories are wrong

My conclusions are:

• I do not know
  • Maybe no one knows
  • Maybe God did not want us to know, at least at this time

I have not even figured out why it would even matter except to people who will be alive at the time. Does anyone have a reason why we ought to know?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

10 hours ago, Eoreris said:

Great finds..   Notice it says I will send you Elijah the prophet  - and not - I will send you Elijah and another flesh man with him.  The same as Jesus made it clear to the pharisees  that he was (2 witnesses)  as they accused him that one man,s word was not enough.  Jesus himself witnessed  and the father witness in him and of him making (One body) containing (2) that witness.  The 2 witnesses will be the same (one body)  It is Elijah as it clearly says he will be sent just before the (actual end)   John the baptist was the same as but was the for runner of the flesh bodied Christ. And the same the 2 witnesses (will not) be recognized because most of the church is looking for 2 bodied biblical looking men with beards in corn sacks and actual fire shooting out of their mouths at the wailing wall.  the 2 witnesses do not come to make some sort of reality movie. They will not be recognized nor appear in the place they think

Jesus never said that He will send only Elijah.  Unless the passage of the two witnesses in Revelation 11 is completely allegorical or spiritual, the two witnesses have bodies and are seen as the plague bringers which are killed and brought back to life.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

10 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I have not even figured out why it would even matter except to people who will be alive at the time. Does anyone have a reason why we ought to know?

The important aspect of the two witnesses, in my estimation, is that we know that they are sent from God for the purpose of pronouncing righteous judgment on an evil empire.  The false prophet (and the MSM of those days) will attempt to paint them as evil which is in keeping with their campaign of deception.  It may not seem relevant to many at this point but its worth keeping in mind. 

Exactly who they are is interesting to contemplate.  I've heard the transfiguration scene as being analogous to the inner sanctuary as described in 1 Kings 6:19-28, Jesus representing the ark being flanked one either side by a cherubim with the voice of God coming from above the ark as stated in Exodus 25:22.  It was Paradigm that pointed that out.  It may be somewhere in this thread.  I didn't take the time to peruse back through it.  It's an interesting analogy though.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I thought there were two. Elijah and Moses.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

14 hours ago, Eoreris said:

Great finds..   Notice it says I will send you Elijah the prophet  - and not - I will send you Elijah and another flesh man with him.  The same as Jesus made it clear to the pharisees  that he was (2 witnesses)  as they accused him that one man,s word was not enough.  Jesus himself witnessed  and the father witness in him and of him making (One body) containing (2) that witness.  The 2 witnesses will be the same (one body)  It is Elijah as it clearly says he will be sent just before the (actual end)   John the baptist was the same as but was the for runner of the flesh bodied Christ. And the same the 2 witnesses (will not) be recognized because most of the church is looking for 2 bodied biblical looking men with beards in corn sacks and actual fire shooting out of their mouths at the wailing wall.  the 2 witnesses do not come to make some sort of reality movie. They will not be recognized nor appear in the place they think

Greetings Eoreris

The False Prophet and the Beast that will reign during the end times, will receive power for 3 1/2 years.

We know there will be 2 witnesses who will prophesy during this time.

This verse I pasted is a clue for only half of the puzzle;

Malachi 4:5   Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

From that verse, we can say for sure that Elijah is one of the two witnesses to come.  The other witness, must be Moses, for Elijah and Moses were seen in the transfiguration.  This would be the clue to who the other witness is - Moses.

Satan tried to retrieve Moses' dead body, but was rebuked.  Why did Satan need Moses' dead body?  He must know something.

Jude 1:9   Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Zechariah 4:2   And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are upon the top thereof:

Zechariah 4:3   And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof.

Zechariah 4:11   Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?

Zechariah 4:12   And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?

Zechariah 4:13   And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.

Zechariah 4:14   Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

Olive trees produce oil.  These two anointed ones are anointed with that oil.  That oil is what will keep the flame burning on the candlestick during the tribulation.  They will show God's power in them by sending plagues and stopping the rain.  They will not be dressed in suits, but will come dressed humbly in sackcloth.  These two are annointed by the Lord.  Chosen to perform a task and given all power to witness against Israel and the world.  All men will hear them, and hate them as they are sent to testify against them openly during the days of their prophecy.  No man can say, I never heard.....All men WILL HEAR NOW, because of these two.  God will keep warning until the last hour.

They will be killed and their dead bodies will lie in the street.  They are men, and it doesn't clearly straight out say who they are, but we have to seek the scriptures for the clues, and the answer will be there.

Hi Omegaman

Yes, it's for this reason;

John 16:13   Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Great finds

And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things  and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months

(This person to come will be speaking GREAT THINGS - like "let us be great again!") And he will not be given the (Honor) of the kingdom (By the establishment) But will win it by a hard core small group - He also is noted that it will be given to him to (Continue) for 42 months..  Thus he will rule for some time first.. be re-elected to (continue) for 42 months.  The 2 witnesses will prophecy for 3 years of this (continued) time but starting about 6 months earlier (Note- nowhere does it say the 2 witnesses 42 months are the same 42 months of the beast and FP).  Then begins the 5th angel trumpet for 5 months of the locust plague - his hometown seat is thrust into darkness.. then the 200 million destroying angels come in the sky,  He rallies 10 military nations to fight it.. His 42nd month is up, He and his coalition is destroyed by the coming of the son of man. The remaining surviving coalition turn on his nation and melee through part of it fleeing and pillaging and burning it until the Son of man destroys them cutting all things short.

Next -  There is Elijah and Moses talking with Jesus as he glowed a bright light..  Being it does not say they were bowing to Jesus tells you they are equal in some sense.. Son's of God. While Jesus himself was not dead for 3 days and 3 nights from Friday to Sunday morning he was referring to when he will as (The sons of man) the 2 witnesses (will) be dead for a full 3 days and nights will pass and then rise again. Jesus- The lamb slain from the foundation of the World cannot be explained either unless you accept some things this way.  They.. God,s sons step into time anywhere they will. 

The 2 witnesses will prophecy for 3 years of this (continued) time but starting about 6 months earlier (Note- nowhere does it say the 2 witnesses 42 months are the same 42 months of the beast and FP).

Eoreris

The False Prophet's kingdom will rule for 1290 days.  The Two witnesses will testify for 1260 days.  It's not quite 3 1/2 yrs, but close.

This is how I came to the conclusion that the 2 witnesses will be prophesying during the False Prophet's reign;

Revelation 11:2   But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Revelation 11:3   And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Revelation 11:4   These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

The temple is measured first (true worshipers) ....then after this trouble begins with Jerusalem and will last forty two months (1290 days / 3 1/2 yrs).  The two witnesses will come on to the scene at the start of that trouble to warn Israel and the world of the evil that has come.

Jeremiah 25:29   For, lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name, and should ye be utterly unpunished? Ye shall not be unpunished: for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the LORD of hosts.

Something will happen there in Jerusalem out of the ordinary at that same time.

Jeremiah 4:6   Set up the standard toward Zion: retire, stay not: for I will bring evil from the north, and a great destruction.

Jeremiah 10:22   Behold, the noise of the bruit is come, and a great commotion out of the north country, to make the cities of Judah desolate, and a den of dragons.

So when God gives full power to the False Prophet who leads the beast with the 10 horns, he will start there in Jerusalem.  This is when the trouble begins....for the False Prophet and the beast have power for only 42 months (1290 days).  Everything is going to be turned upside down, not only for Jerusalem, but the whole land (Christian land), and the earth.  The whole world is watching, and Israel's friends suddenly become her enemies (Kings of the North). Big clue this is not any Muslem nation, or Russia, but she who pretends to be Israel's friend.  This unexpected invasion on Jerusalem marks the start of the tribulation.  Things will happen quickly from here and this is when the two witnesses come on to the scene.  God is still keeping a flame burning for Israel, and the whole world who is watching to warn us all by sending his two witnesses, displaying his power in them.

After their 1260 day testimony, the two witnesses are killed, and brought back to life, they are taken up, and the 7th trumpet comes quickly.  This leaves  a little time for the kings of the East to cross over into Israel (rev 16:12), and in turn, all the Kings of the earth come in to join this battle also. When this happens, the False Prophet's days are closing, because all his enemies have come in to Israel to stand up to him and destroy him. 

So you see the timing of the two witnesses is perfect.  As prophesy unfolds, they will be there to remind the world of what God has foretold and warned, but unfortunately, they will be hated by the world, and seen as something evil.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Jerusalem the Holy city has been moved (Spiritually as it is viewed in Heaven)  -- This scripture >

8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

If interpreted - would read >

8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, and Jerusalem.

Therefore - the 2 witnesses will appear in this new (Spiritually called city)  instead of literal Jerusalem in the middle east Israel.   

With that one has to (Shift) their knowledge of scripture.. There are many scriptures written like this one and my only logic to them is so the dammed will not understand or know what to look for.. As Jesus said something like - Lest they see and believe and repent and be saved.. they will not be allowed to see and believe so they will be dammed .. something like that so only (you) will have it revealed.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

what, and the phrase:

"where also our Lord was crucified. "

means nothing?