IGNORED

Who or what is the two witnesses of god in the end times?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

I know Brothers and Sisters that you have seen this common post before but I am new and it is tough to go back into history , so can some one please tell me who the two witnesses of god is or what the two witnesses stand for if it be symbolic, for I have heard so many different answers and I know this is the place to post this , so hear is what I was told in the pass, moses and elijah, enoch and moses, it is the old testament and the new , it is the church, it is the law and grace, I know it tells of two possible prophets of old , but they are over come killed in the street and then raised on the third day and so I have heard all types of things on this, sorry about the spelling forgive me, but I hope its clear to read , and if they do show up is it during tribulation or when gods wrath is being poured out, trying to get the scene and the timing of these two , and how the 144,000 virgin males are in the time of this end mentioned in revelation, thank you I know its a mouth full but what do you say I am open for scriptural teaching, and any help will be appreciated thank you

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Enoch and Elijah.God took them to heaven without dying.This would prepare them for a special purpose.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I believe the two witnesses will be Enoch and Elijah; both have not died and:

Hebrews 9:27.  And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

I believe the 1,260 days that they will prohesy is the same 42 months that the war with the saints will happen, as well as the 1,260 days that the woman (I believe to be Israel) will flee into the wilderness and be protected by God; and the same 42 months that Jerusalem is trodden down by the Gentiles.

I believe God's wrath will be poured out on the day of the Lord; which will be the last day of the 1,260 days period; the 1,260th day.

Jeff

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Enoch and Elijah.God took them to heaven without dying.This would prepare them for a special purpose.

I am going to second the above. 

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

I know Brothers and Sisters that you have seen this common post before but I am new and it is tough to go back into history , so can some one please tell me who the two witnesses of god is or what the two witnesses stand for if it be symbolic, for I have heard so many different answers and I know this is the place to post this , so hear is what I was told in the pass, moses and elijah, enoch and moses, it is the old testament and the new , it is the church, it is the law and grace, I know it tells of two possible prophets of old , but they are over come killed in the street and then raised on the third day and so I have heard all types of things on this, sorry about the spelling forgive me, but I hope its clear to read , and if they do show up is it during tribulation or when gods wrath is being poured out, trying to get the scene and the timing of these two , and how the 144,000 virgin males are in the time of this end mentioned in revelation, thank you I know its a mouth full but what do you say I am open for scriptural teaching, and any help will be appreciated thank you

Sinnersaved

These two witnesses are real and not symbolic.  They will be killed at the end of their testimony and the world will rejoice.

One of them is definately Elijah (please note he is sometimes called Elias in the NT - This is the same guy)

Malachi 4:5   Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

The other one would most likely be Moses in my opinion.  Because Moses gave the commandments to Israel.

He would be the perfect "witness" to Israel, seeing he was the one that led them out of Egypt and gave them the commandments.  He was there from their beginning.

Moses did die, but Satan tried to take his dead body for some reason.  I think he knew what God has planned for Moses in the last days.

Jude 1:9   Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Another clue which brings Moses to mind, ...the transfiguration;

Mark 9:4   And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus.

So why these two?  I believe it's a clue.

Elijah had the power to stop the rain, and Moses was given the power to send plagues.

The two witnesses will be doing the same again, and will testify of OT prophesies.  They will be going hard at Israel trying to make them see.

John 5:45   Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.

It appears even Moses will be testifying against Israel for a witness, before Christ gets to them.

John 5:46   For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

Acts 3:22   For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

Moses did not just prophesy to them back then, but his words are still alive for Israel today.

It makes sense he will be re-confirming those prophecies, bringing it all back to their attention.

Expect the two witnesses to do much revealing and expose what is going on behind the scenes.

I know that Elijah and moses seems to be the best pick for most, and both of them at the mount of transfiguration, with jesus, but moses already died and why would he be brought back again to die over again, could it be by chance any other prophets or persons ? and as it states is it a physical bodies of two people ???

I have heard it put in a symbolistic view, and if we can gather anymore insight to these two , that be great for I know what it is saying and I wanted to know if there be anymore scripture not mentioned yet, thank you everyone

I know that Elijah and moses seems to be the best pick for most, and both of them at the mount of transfiguration, with jesus, but moses already died and why would he be brought back again to die over again, could it be by chance any other prophets or persons ? and as it states is it a physical bodies of two people ???

I have heard it put in a symbolistic view, and if we can gather anymore insight to these two , that be great for I know what it is saying and I wanted to know if there be anymore scripture not mentioned yet, thank you everyone

Moses died once and could not be one of the witnesses.That would make Moses a contradiction Hebrews 9:27.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

Why was Lazarus brought back to life to die over again?  And Tabitha?  And the saints who came out of their graves after Christ's resurrection?

I believe that lazarus was to be used as the proof of jesus raising the dead to prove his point that he is God, and He has that power , for in the days of old, the apostles saw and witness jesus and all of his miracles and this gave them the faith and will to preach the word for it was by proof, that they knew that what they were about to do ,going out to preach the word until there death they were confident that jesus would raise them also in time,and that god is all powerful and He does as He says, but I don't know if mosses comes back again, its possible , but I cannot really say,

I believe that lazarus was to be used as the proof of jesus raising the dead to prove his point that he is God, and He has that power , for in the days of old, the apostles saw and witness jesus and all of his miracles and this gave them the faith and will to preach the word for it was by proof, that they knew that what they were about to do ,going out to preach the word until there death they were confident that jesus would raise them also in time,and that god is all powerful and He does as He says, but I don't know if mosses comes back again, its possible , but I cannot really say,

Well,it is an issue that Christians should not be dogmatic about.It is all speculation at this point.