IGNORED

Who or what is the two witnesses of god in the end times?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

The truth is- The 2 witnesses are many persons that have come to this World.  Just like a soldier may do several tours of war the 2 witnesses have come and gone many times.  As Moses as Elijah as Zerubbabel as Joshua - as Jesus- He laid the foundation of the Temple (His body)  and by his hands he will finish it (His body again) as the 2 witnesses living in their body.  A time jumper.. yes he will finish it when knowledge is increased and people are running to and fro.. All will see it and fear. One tenth of the Great city will fall.. He rises in them to a cloud, He returns in judgement.. This Great city (In heaven) is spiritually seen and called (The holy city Jerusalem)  So do not expect the 2 witnesses to show up in ancient Israel Jerusalem.. it is the Greatest city on Earth now that they will show up.

Edited by Eoreris

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Eoreris....

Perhaps the OP is reading but this THread is a yer old & he is no longer here.....................Be Blessed                    With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/6/2015 at 1:53 PM, missmuffet said:

Enoch and Elijah.God took them to heaven without dying.This would prepare them for a special purpose.

That's what I have always assumed also. All men are appointed to die, then the judgement to paraphrase. Both Enoch and Elijah were 'caught up' and did not experience physical death that I'm aware of. But in my mind it raises some questions... Whom was Jesus talking to at the transfiguration and about what? What 'powers' do each of the Two Witnesses have? A strong case can be made that Moses is one of the witnesses? I don't know, just throwing out something to consider.

13 hours ago, angels4u said:

I believe the witnesses will be  "Enoch and Elisha too :)

What would the people of the world think when they see the  witnesses ? Remember the Bible said they will hate them and try to kill them and will kill them and celebration becay=use they are dead but the...they will come to life again !

It will cause so much confusion..

Revelation 11New International Version (NIV)

The Two Witnesses

11 I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers. 2 But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months. 3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.” 4 They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands, and “they stand before the Lord of the earth.”[a] 5 If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die. 6 They have power to shut up the heavens so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood  and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.

7 Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them. 8 Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city—which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt—where also their Lord was crucified. 9 For three and a half days some from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial. 10 The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth.

11 But after the three and a half days the breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and terror struck those who saw them. 12 Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” And they went up to heaven in a cloud,while their enemies looked on.

I misspoke, instead of saying "that's what I always assumed also" I should have stated, "that's what I lean heavily towards".

I've heard and read a number respected scholars opinions (and by no means does that make them right) that present a pretty good case Elijah & Moses could be the two witnesses. Based on Rev 11:6, Elijah having the powers to shut the heavens (drought), and Moses with plagues and turning water to blood. Jesus talking to Moses and Elijah at the transfiguration, and Satan contending for the body of Moses, etc. Then again, it wouldn't make scriptural sense for Moses to physically die twice, and Enoch and Elijah the only two prophets being "caught up" and not experiencing physical death. 

I haven't owned a cell phone for years, last plan I had I probably used :30 minutes of air time in the two years. I'm basically ancient technology wise according to my kids. My daughter and I recently went together on a cell phone plan because the rates are cheaper and we got iPhones. WOW, what technology and the things you can do with those things! Now they even came out with wrist watches that do everything, reminding me of the Dick Tracey cartoons I watched as a kid.! Why did I bring this cell phone thing up?

Rev 11:9  To paraphrase, scripture basically says the whole world shall see their dead bodies for three days. As a kid, much less previous generations, that's a leap of imagination on how that would occur, and I couldn't fathom how this was possible. Surprise, we're here!

God Bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

And there is the key to it all in my estimation.... they "die and lie in the street". Moses has died can he die again? but Enoch and Elijah have not yet died and it is appointed to man once to die ...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

On 9/30/2016 at 10:56 AM, Littlelambseativy said:

And there is the key to it all in my estimation.... they "die and lie in the street". Moses has died can he die again? but Enoch and Elijah have not yet died and it is appointed to man once to die ...

Lazarus died.  Did he die again?  And the others that were raised from the dead, did they die again?

Hebrews 9:27 is not meant to be an absolute.  It must be read with the rest of the sentence, v.28.