emekrus

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

“Even as David also describeth the BLESSEDNESS of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin”—Romans 4:6-8

Blessedness is from the Greek word “Makarismos”, meaning- beatification- that is, attribution of good fortune. In ordinary language, it means: Fortune, Enjoyments and benefits…

Then holiness, is the empowerment to do right. Hence, by “The Blessedness of Holy Living”, I mean- the benefits or the fortunes that accrues the man who is wholly committed to holy living.

Some time ago, in the barbing salon where I used to go and cut my hair, there was a young man I knew, who was also one of the barbers there…

Each time I went there, most of his conversations were centered on girls. Then on one of such days, as he was passionately discussing about girls, I interjected; “Is it only women you ever talk about?” and his reply was; “Is there any other thing sweeter than women?”…

When I heard that, (in my heart) I was like- oh my God! Then I explained to him, that there are so much more fun-far sweeter than women in serving God (in spirit and truth through a commitment to absolute holiness- by the implication of what I told him).

Then with time, I shared some of my personal testimonies with him and even invited him to Church. Although after all my frantic efforts to get him to Church and converted, he never repented- but I pray that God will arrest him one day…

Now the young man I just related his story, is an unbeliever. But more disheartening is the fact that right inside the church these days, many folks are still so much dipped in sin and carnality in much the same way as the unbelieving young man I just related his story above.

And as a result, they have been missing out on so much blessings that accrues holy living. Even more gnawing is the fuel of unrighteousness that is being added by these ‘appropriated righteousness’ preachers…

The folks who preach people into assuming forgiveness, instead of consciously repenting and asking for forgiveness; each time they sin so their iniquities can be forgiven and their sins can be covered; just as the scripture stipulates in 1 John 1:8-9.

And as a result, these deluded folks (with their hearts caked with unconfessed sins) go to God with ‘bold-face’, instead of boldness that comes from true commitment to holy living…

Hence, this article seeks to point out scripturally the blessedness of Holy Living so anyone interested can clean up his or her hands and heart accordingly…

What Then Are The Blessedness of Holy Living?

1.   Supernatural Peace: When holiness is your lifestyle, you enjoy divine peace- Psalms 119:165- The kind of peace that only Jesus can give. He said, my peace I give unto you, not as the world (things of this world) giveth… John 14:27- but it is accessible only through absolute holiness.

2.   Divine Protection—Romans 1:3-4: When holiness is your lifestyle, you enjoy divine power which supernaturally protects you from every evil incursion of the enemies. You know, Jesus said, he has given us power over all the powers of the enemy and nothing shall by any means hurt us (Lk 10:19). But yet, so many believers lack this power because of outright unrighteousness. And as a result, the devil has been having a filled day in their lives.

3.   Glory- Exodus 15:11- Glory means- Divine decoration or beautification. When holiness is your lifestyle, you move with an aura that commands honor, favor and dignity- regardless of what you have or not. For instance, even if I put on rag to anywhere in my milieu (neighborhood and the rest) I will still be honored.

Holiness amongst several other things, attracts wisdom, boldness, divine health and commands love from all and sundry. The Bible says, when a man’s ways pleases God, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him- Prov 16:7.

So pray to God, to empower you for holiness; and also be practically committed to holy living. Because after your empowerment by God, the onus is on you to practice righteousness.

Remain Blessed, in Jesus Holy Name!

Emeke.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

"But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,134
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings emekrus

Welcome to Worthy,,,,,,,,At first the OP seems right enough but as I read on I could not help but get the feeling that someone may perceive these things "Blessedness" to come from self effort ,,,,,,,,,,not exactly what we find in Gods Truth,,,,,,,,,is "Holiness" truly the empowerment to do what is right? Or is it sanctification,consecration,,,,,,,being separated & Blessed by God as His own .............

All the things,the attributes you mentioned are note worthy & commendable but it is merely that we ,Christians,,,,,,are indwelled with the ONE that is able to do these things ,not us,,,,,,,,,we can strive towards Christs perfection but we will continue to fall short as long as we are bound by these bodies of flesh & bone,,,,,,,,,I have no clue what an "appropriated righteousness" preacher is and I am not sure that I care to know,,,,,,,,we live in Gods Righteousness & because of the Blood of our Living Redeemer we are counted as Worthy,,,,,,,,,,

Less self effort & more reliance on God is what it takes to live life more abundantley,,,,,,,,,seeking God earnestly,asking for Guidance,Direction,Humility,prayer without ceasing,giving all Glory to God in ALL things,,,,,,,,,,that is the "Blessedness" that David was talking about,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,he made plenty of mistakes but was first to get on His knees & ask for forgiveness & help ,,,,,,David had in him a teachable,willing spirit ,passionate for God.......

We must encourage anyone who cannot seem to get it right that it is okay,,,,,,,,,we all fall short of the Glory of God & Jesus took our place,what we deserved to bring us into the Grace of God,forgiveness,reconciliation & HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm sorry .,I cannot agree with looking to be honored or glorified ,,,,that is for God alone,,,,,,,To God be All the Glory,All the Honor,All the Praise & our Thanksgiving,,,,,,,,,,,in Jesus Name

With love-in Christ,Kwik

"But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

Well, every point I made are from scriptural revelations, so if you're having issues with it, I'll just say, "bless your heart"...

Well, it's a personal choice. I saw it in the word and will of God. So I'm going to continue to enjoy them cos its my inheritance in Christ Jesus and I can't leave them on the table like so many folks do. And on the other better side, why don't you ask God to transfer your own portion of honor and glory to me since you don't want them.

God honors and glorifies his children so he can ultimately be glorified in them. Even in paradise, that's how it is also going to be. As Christ's Glory is lighting the city, our glory as well will be shining as well (Rev says the kings of the earth (like us) will bring their glory or light to that city). The Glory of the Almighty God will be as the sun while ours will be as the star (in analogy).

So he is the King of Glory, but then, he also glorifies his Children who walk and live in Holiness. At the end of it all, he is glorified in all. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  37

emekrus,  I agree very much with what you wrote about holy lliving.     I just want to clarify a few points at the beginning of your regarding word usage and definitions:

the definition of beatificatoin is:

• The definition of beatification is the state of extreme happiness.

http://www.yourdictionary.com/beatification

The use of the word "fortune" is, I find, unfortunate, for you draw it from Strong's, which was written over 100 years ago.  Words change in meaning and use over time.

Holiness, rather than being a power, is a state of being.

1. Holiness

2.    [lē nis]
  3. Use Holiness in a sentence
  1. noun
  2. the quality or state of being holy

What empowers us to live holy lives is God's Divine Sanctifying Grace, the life giving power of God infused into our souls.

I think these distinctions are important for it focuses us on how we may receive power to live holy lives, through the Grace of God.

What you said here is so true:

The folks who preach people into assuming forgiveness, instead of consciously repenting and asking for forgiveness; each time they sin so their iniquities can be forgiven and their sins can be covered; just as the scripture stipulates in 1 John 1:8-9.

And as a result, these deluded folks (with their hearts caked with unconfessed sins) go to God with ‘bold-face’, instead of boldness that comes from true commitment to holy living…

Lord have mercy on us all.

Edited by thereselittleflower

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

In the OT, the Mosaic covenant promised certain blessings, like rain for crops, etc. The blessing was based on the works of the children of Israel, being obedient to the Mosaic law. If the children of Israel were continually and willfully disobedient, there were curses, such as a lack of rain for crops. In the NT, the blessings come from the completed work of Jesus. 

John 14:25 “These things I have spoken to you while abiding with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.

The New Covenant is not a works based covenant. It is a faith based covenant in which God provides all of the blessings because Jesus died for all of our sins.  Gods forgiveness is based on the completed work of Jesus. 

In the book of Hebrews, addressed to the Jewish people, the question of the position of the Mosaic covenant and the new covenant comes up. The Jewish people being addressed are Jewish people who had accepted Jesus and were saved. However, the Jewish people were confused about what to do when they sinned. They were doing according to the Mosaic law. Repenting and bringing a sacrifice to the Temple. Hebrews explains the work of Jesus for the forgiveness of sins.

Hebrews 7:26 For it was fitting for us to have such a high priest, holy, innocent, undefiled, separated from sinners and exalted above the heavens; 27 who does not need daily, like those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the sins of the people, because this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.

Repentance is good. It is when we turn from sin and the world, and turn to God. With the Holy Spirits help, we learn to have our 'faces' turned towards God. But, the important thing to remember is the Jesus died for our sins, all of our sins, once and for all. Peace is a gift from God given to all who have the Holy Spirit in them.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Well, every point I made are from scriptural revelations, so if you're having issues with it, I'll just say, "bless your heart"...

I just quoted scripture. No personal revelation included. If it touched you, Amen!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Read the book of Job again.  No one is guaranteed a life free from trial, persecutions or infirmities.  The Complete Word Study Dictionary by Zhodhiates gives Makarismos for Rom. 4:6 as the blessed state imputed to the man whom God counts righteous apart from works, as in Abraham in 4:9.  In Gal. 4:15 Paul is speaking about how in the infirmity of the flesh he had preached the Gospel to the Galatians.  They had joyfully received him and the Gospel in spite of his weakened state.  Makarios means to be indwelt by God throught the Holy Spirit, and therefore, to be fully satisfied in spite of the afflictions of life.  (Loosly quoted for brevity)  

Being fully committed to God and walking according to the Holy Spirit results in righteous living.  We are sanctified, or set apart for God's use.  We are but earthen vessels, clay pots, who contain this tresure of the Holy Spirit within.  

We all have revelations, but some are more accurate than others.  

Blessings,

Willa

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

And as a result, these deluded folks (with their hearts caked with unconfessed sins) go to God with ‘bold-face’, instead of boldness that comes from true commitment to holy living…....

~

Beloved, Boldly

Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:14-16 (NIV)

It's In God

Search me, O God, and know my heart!
Try me and know my thoughts!
And see if there be any grievous way in me,

and lead me in the way everlasting! Psalm 139:23-24 (ESV)

We Trust

Two things I ask of you;
deny them not to me before I die:

Remove far from me falsehood and lying;
give me neither poverty nor riches;
feed me with the food that is needful for me,

lest I be full and deny you
and say, “Who is the Lord?”
or lest I be poor and steal

and profane the name of my God. Proverbs 30:7-9 (ESV)