MorningGlory

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  334
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

That is cool.There has been a lot of archaeological evidence to support the Bible.

I agree.  That's an interesting find.  The big curiosity is of course....any skeletons of giants?

even if you found some, you couldn't prove any belonged to goliath.

Might depend on what they find with the bones....    If there were papers saying it was Goliath, we would never be told that.

we may but who would believe it?

That's true.  People pretty much believe what they want to believe for whatever reasons seem good to them.

But he said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be persuaded even if someone rises from the dead.’  Luke 16:31

Even archeologically.

this is one reason i disagree with so many searches for Noah;s ark. if the unbelieving world will not believe the Genesis account without the ark, why would they believe if the ark was found?  we couldn't verify that it was Noah's  and since many people do not believe even when we present real evidence now why would they change simply because we had an ark?

• Loved it! 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

Nice find.

My favorite Old Testament archaeological discovery happened in the 1800's -the very fortunate finding of the Taylor Prism, which miraculously mentions King Hezekiah ( ANET p.288- "Ancient Near Eastern Texts"  relating to the Old Testament; J.B. Pritchard ,1969. Princeton University).

It is my favorite O.T. find because it is certain extra-biblical evidence of Hezekiah.

All praise  and glory belongs forever to Jesus ,who is YHWH God the Son, and to his Father YHWH, and to the Holy Spirit YHWH.

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." - Matthew 28:19,Bible.

This verse clearly proves that Jesus, and the Father, and the Holy Ghost are the only Persons of the Godhead, and they are One YHWH God.

All the capable and eminent Greek scholars , including Professor Gustav Deissmann (he discovered that the New Testament was written in Koine Greek) knew with certainty, through their study of the Bible in its original languages , that Jesus of Nazareth is Almighty God. 

• Loved it! 1