coheir

tight lids

On Monday, February 15, 2016 at 4:50 PM, coheir said:

I see 13 post that I was not notified about, would have been nice to know someone was talking in this thread. It has some good info, thanks for the variety of ideas.

right after topic header you see - follow this - button, you will be notified then on every post

On 3/28/2016 at 9:51 AM, Eha said:

right after topic header you see - follow this - button, you will be notified then on every post

thanks for the info Eha. and I might add I use that on threads I only read and do not post in. on the other hand anytime one makes a post they are

automatically marked to follow and there is  not need to use the follow button. now I can be wrong about thi how ever that is the way I understand things

work here. again thanks for trying to help a brother out.

On 8/22/2015 at 2:57 PM, coheir said:

I bought one of those special tools to help remove tight fitting lids from jars. It is some type of rubber and has groves to help grip the lid tight.

Well it just does not work well.

I found that if I use the thick rubber band that I get when buying celery it works much better and fits a wide varity of lids and so it makes me think it is some how a different rubber.

You should try this some time if you are having a hard time removing a lid.

Some years back I bought one of those plastic and rubber do dads, that rubber quickly refused to grab hold anymore, now I use adjustable pliers to get my jars open.

On 8/22/2015 at 3:16 PM, AFlameOfFire said:

I have one of thoe "EZ off jar openers" in my "saved for later" at Amazon, thats an under the counter, I havent tried it, but it looks so incredibly easy though.

I cant even find an electric can opener that works decent, I had a cheapy that worked for over 25 years. Recently I have purchsed two one for $19 and the other at over $40 and neither worked (either when it arrived) or much past opening a handful of cans. So we went manual, and I even had some trial and error with those, because I had to get a feel for which ones were best for that (then bought a handful of those).

Because they are probably the next disapointment to come. After manual doesnt work (good luck trying to get a can open) lol

Nothing made these days works well or lasts, and paying more these days doesnt even gaurentee anything more (tried that).

https://www.amazon.com/Robotwist-1014-Robo-Twist-Opener/dp/B01H42KIKS/ref=sr_1_3?crid=FTPENYN35FFO&keywords=robotwist+jar+opener&qid=1552676053&s=gateway&sprefix=robotwist%2Caps%2C164&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Restaurant-BangRui-Automatic-One-Touch/dp/B01E8O3KVE/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1W9X38OV42KCT&keywords=bangrui+automatic+can+opener&qid=1552676145&s=gateway&sprefix=bangrui%2Caps%2C186&sr=8-3

these are both electric (battery operated)    the top one has not failed to open any jar we have asked it to over the past two years.

The bottom one is a can opener that doesn't cut the top off, but splits the bead that joins the top to the side and lets you lift off the top with no sharp edges....    you can also put the top back on to keep leftovers from drying out.....    We've had them for a couple of years now with no problems other than once a year or so replacing the batteries

I especially like the can opener..   just set it on top of the can, hit the button and walk off....   it even shuts itself off when the lid is loose..