robin hood

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth Him that begat loveth Him also that is begotten of Him.

I John 5:1

12)  But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His Name.

13)  Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 1:12-13

We are born of God, by our belief in our Wonderful Precious Savior Jesus Christ.  Hence as believers were first call Christians in Antioch, Acts 11:26, the term born again Christian may not be found in the Bible, but the concept is in complete agreement with the language of the Scriptures. To be a born again Christian is to be born of the Spirit, John 3:6 or if you rather as Paul would say we are adopted into the Family of God; Romans 8:14-17 and Galatians 4:4-7.

who's cher's son?

In any case, you get my point... lol

Xyluz Cher had a daughter named Chastity Bono that decided that she was really a man and had a sex change now goes by the name Chaz Bono.

Edited by 19Duggarfan

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  565
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

We are born of God, by our belief in our Wonderful Precious Savior Jesus Christ.  Hence as believers were first call Christians in Antioch, Acts 11:26, the term born again Christian may not be found in the Bible, but the concept is in complete agreement with the language of the Scriptures. To be a born again Christian is to be born of the Spirit, John 3:6 or if you rather as Paul would say we are adopted into the Family of God; Romans 8:14-17 and Galatians 4:4-7.

This is the way it sounds... it is possible to be a Christian and not be born again... and that is what i don't agree with.

If we can't have a non-born again Christian, then why encourage the "world" to believe such?

In my opinion, their is no good christian, no moderate christian, no bad christian, no born again christian, no non-born again christian...

There is no fence... its binary... 1 or 0... you are either a Christian or not...

:)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Wow, this topic has gained traction in ways I didn't see!

I appreciate and understand the explanation of "cultural Christianity".

If I may, xyluz is from Nigeria I see, which is a different culture than perhaps some of the rest of us?

Personally, I do not see it as a dividing point among believers ( but what do I know )?

May God bless you all, in the name of Christ Jesus!

In God's eye view. But are you telling me you think that every one that thinks or professes to be a Christian are one in GOD's eye?   Did Jesus not say exactly that?  Matt7:22,23"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Anyway, I am a born again Christian and will continue to describe myself as that! lol.....like it or leave it,.

Well, yes... it is regularly used... and yes, i use it too in some gatherings where i would not want to do too much explaining...

but amidst those who should understand.. You are a Christian should be enough to explain where you stand...

Wow, this topic has gained traction in ways I didn't see!

I appreciate and understand the explanation of "cultural Christianity".

If I may, xyluz is from Nigeria I see, which is a different culture than perhaps some of the rest of us?

Personally, I do not see it as a dividing point among believers ( but what do I know )?

May God bless you all, in the name of Christ Jesus!

:D

Amen.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

Too often I come across the term " Born Again Christian " .

The term will not be found in the Bible .

The term is actually theological nonsense......Just think about it......it doesn't make sense.....it was never used by Jesus .

The term "Christian" is found in the New Testament, and in the light of Scripture it AUTOMATICALLY means one who has been born again, born from above, born of God, regenerated, become a new creature in Christ, become a child of God.  So "born again Christian" is really the only kind of Christian God recognizes.  Because millions are "Christian" in name only, the term "born again Christian" has come into use to distinguish true possessors from false professors. BTW Jesus never used the word "Christian" anyhow.  He spoke of His "disciples".

The term is actually theological nonsense......Just think about it......it doesn't make sense.....it was never used by Jesus .

The term "Christian" is found in the New Testament, and in the light of Scripture it AUTOMATICALLY means one who has been born again, born from above, born of God, regenerated, become a new creature in Christ, become a child of God.  So "born again Christian" is really the only kind of Christian God recognizes.  Because millions are "Christian" in name only, the term "born again Christian" has come into use to distinguish true possessors from false professors. BTW Jesus never used the word "Christian" anyhow.  He spoke of His "disciples".

Thanks Ezra.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Yes it was. Try reading John 3:3-7.

I have read it .

It says nothing about Born Again Christians .

Read it again and you will see what it actually says .

That's what a Christian is.  "Born again"  describes a person who is born of God, spiritually.   Christians are people who are born again.   You are trying to manufacture a problem that doesn't exist.

The only thing that has been manufactured by humans on this thread is the term "Born Again Christian" .

Can anyone find me the term "Born Again Christian" prior to the 1960s......a decade when some took the notion of manufacturing some sloppy , lazy theology.....not a good thing to do.....leads to error.....a thing to be avoided like the plague .

That is complete nonsense.   You are making an issue out of a non-issue.   "Born again Christian" is a recently used phrase...   So what???   Does it contradict the Bible?   A Christian is someone who is born again.    So "born again Christian is perfectly fine to use and does not do violence to biblical doctrine.

How does a person become a Christian if not by being born again? 

Something is "unbiblical" when it contradicts the Bible and its teachings.   The Bible also does not contain the word, "grandfather."   Should we abandon that as well???    Honestly, you don't know what you're talking about.    "Born Again Christian" does not go crosswise with the Bible, or change anything about the Bible or the Gospel and so you are really out in left field.

Do you have a problem with being "born again?"  Does that concept offend you?

I have no problem with being "born again" .

I am born again .

My problem is with the unbiblical term "Born Again Christian"......a term invented in relatively recent years.....a term understood in so many different ways.....a source of confusion.....a source of error .....a term to be cast into the outer darkness along with so many other modern novelties .

I will stick with what the Bible says .