Sign in to follow this  
ladypeartree

what age do you feel

Ok so I am NOT a golden oldie as I am blonde  ..old ?? well lets face it that is just a number and very relative Soooooo no matter what your birth certificate says what age do you feel ??????:wub:

:) Hi there, Pear. Nice to see you. Unsure why people are so put off by their age they are. There is no shame in aging. So what;s the big deal to this? This was a forum idea which God gave me for a place those not-as-young could gather and share things that the others may not be able to relate to or be interested.

A "hang out" for those in the half centurian :wub:and up group.

I truly meant this site for the older ones here, in a positive way. I am over the 50 mark. So please try to look at it this way... being middle aged or a senior is a blessing that not everyone is able to experience. Yes, it has its disadvantages, too...such as ongoing pain, illnesses and sometimes may slow you down substantially. But overall- a blessing. Right?

Our years-of-increase give us more time on this earth to serve Jesus and one another, in the body of Christ. Also, more years to spread the gospel. I want to have members here try to view this as a loving place where we can glorify Jesus and uplift each other. I chose the title "Oldies but Goodies" as a POSITIVE thing. That is how I feel about vinyl music. lol. :thumbsup:

GBU, sister. I hope next time you visit, you will see things were meant for creating this forum in a different way. It is a place of ministry, sharing, and fellowship with those similar in age. Nostalgic for the Lord. That's all. Love ya.:emot-heartbeat:

TT I am 62 ... I have no problem with that at all its just that sometimes I look in a mirror and wonder who the old lady looking back at me is since inside I still feel about 18 ..Would I want to be 18 again ??? NO ( apart from having more energy then it was not a particularly good time ) 

As for pain .. well I was born with arthritis in every joint, spent years needing hospital treatment even as a child as well as severe asthma that resulted in over half my childhood spent in hospitals. It was strange when I had my knee replaced to finally find out what it felt to NOT have pain walking  BUT since it is all I have ever known I just thank God that I am not as bad as others and rejoice in good days 

I find humour serves well in getting through less good days  and prayer and praise at all times is just a way of life that doesnt even require thinking about ..it just is part of life.

Edited by ladypeartree
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh and not sure anyone would be comfy chatting about sensitive matters here on Worthy now that all posts can be read on the right hand side ..even posts from password protected areas ????

Thanks for explaining your feelings, Pear. I do respect your honesty. And I'm truly sorry about your suffering with such bad arthritis pain from the start of your life. I had no idea. How could i?... In all the years that we have been friends and pmed, you never once mentioned this to me.

So, in all fairness... how was I to automatically know what you chose not to share? Bitterness and anger are two things i hope that aging will not overtake me with. I'm not saying you have those. But it got me to thinking how that is an area Satan can attack us with, if we are not careful. This is a perfect example of things to discuss in this forum. Missing our youthful looks, etc. But my idea was to build each other up. Not be emotional in a negative venting manner.

You know, when we have both gone through our more current times of sufferings, I think it is a fair statement to say that we have genuinely tried to comfort one another. I looked upon you as the kind lady who showered me with hug emoticons and non judgementalism. These are some of the things about you I will always treasure. You knew just how to make me feel welcome here.

What on earth has changed between us? This is a private matter, so feel free to pm me. Okay? I did pm you...and no reply. Only the surprising one in here... This knocked me for a loop, sis.

And I still don't see what your objection is to a place where people don't indulge in humor. If a serious ministry corner (forum) bothers you, you need not use it. How is it bothering you? You know that we have already have places set aside just for that purpose (humor). And, you always have the  "last" thread, after all.

You know I have been here at Worthy a long time now. And though I have been an intercessor, I did feel the Spirit tugging at me to minister to some who, like me were seeking out a place where they can link up with others in our age group.

Chat is fine for people who can type rapidly. But to visit ... as though over a cup of tea and share memories of how we first became aware of the Lord in ways that no longer exist ( such as the Jesus Movement...a specific historical event in the U.S.) was more what I had in mind.

Not complaining, bickering or being unkind. But praising the Lord with our early memories of how He entered our life and all that went with it. Did you not catch the part where i said how this forum could bless one another and glorify Him? If not, re read what I put about the thread under the General Discussion forum and reconsider my goals. I still love you. And wish you'd pm.

will pm you tt but please know that I am NOT upset in any way ... not in my nature to be so 

Love you as always ((((())))

:amen: I agree with that, sis. ( I LOVE It, too.) I am glad :) you are not upset with me in any way. So does that mean that you think there is some potential for this forum to be a source of ministry, after all? And that it does not seem unnecessary, after my pm to you where I explained my motives? ( Thanks for sending me the pm that you promised to, by the way.) :wub:

When you made that comment about how youth is often wasted on the young, maybe you could clarify in what context you meant it. Explain or elaborate a tad? I think it is saying we are better off in the latter years than the awkward teen ones many encounter? 

AnywayI found it to be very thought provoking. I started recalling back to some choices of my past that I would have definitely made differently. If only I had the maturity viewpoint on things that I have now, today...:mellow: Oh well. It is still better late than never, to see the light. Right? 

And God has His reasons ( which He frequently chooses to keep to Himself ) for why things in this life, are what they are. It must have been God's plan for us to  'learn things the hard way', sometimes. I see it like this: At all stages of our lives we each have something unique to offer. If this were not the case, it is unlikely God would have us here. Still alive... after multiple decades & having something to share with God's appointed 'somebodys' who need us yet on this earth.

Well- I hope the paragraph I typed above was uplifting to someone out there ( Including visitors...) because my heart is eager to bless others, even as they have with me over my years at Worthy.

It is nice to be interacting with you, :) sisters. Thanks angels4u, for stopping by here with the Seenagers. It was a real winner. :thumbsup: Clever, cute and oh so true... as was already pointed out.

May both of you have a good weekend. Hopefully, we can keep this forum going by our prayers (and participation, if you wish) and in time, others will become aware of it. Onward and upward!

I Feel Like A Teenager

Trapped In A Body That Doesn't Work So Good

• Haha 1
  • Loved it! 1

Sign in to follow this