ricky

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

If it's in order to buy a house... You should ideally have all student loans paid off, $0 balance on any credit cards, medical loans, and paid off vehicles. You should also have 20% to put down as a down payment towards the house to avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). The monthly payment should be no more than 25-35% of your monthly net income. You should have 6 to 12 months of expenses saved up in a rainy day fund (emergency fund). You should try to get a 15 or 20 year mortgage so you pay less interest. And finally you should buy a house no more than 2-3 times your annual salary.

Having a house is like having a family. There's always unexpected expenses and things cost more than you think they will. Particularly in the first year or two of home ownership. You can expect to have expenses equal to 1 to 2% of the house value each year. So say a new fence, AC unit, appliances, etc.

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

Thanks for the in put, I do want to own a house in the future, but I think we will rent for the next while

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

Thanks for the in put, I do want to own a house in the future, but I think we will rent for the next while

That's good. Waiting for the right moment to buy is important. Still, why do you want to build credit and have a high score? 
God bless,
GE

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

What do you think about this?

8 financial worries of America

http://www.cbsnews.com/media/top-8-financial-worries-of-americans/

• 10 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

hello i am going to tell you that to build credit is very hard try calling a credit builder company. everything comes out of the price of either restarting over again or just simply knowing who can help you find a way out. so try that hopefully that helps 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

On 9/11/2015 at 4:52 PM, Secret__ said:

You could go to your local bank and see if they would collateralize a loan for you.  For example, deposit $5K into a restricted account.  Borrow a percentage of that amount secured by the cash.  Make payments on time.  I am not advocating obtaining credit.  I am anti-Credit.  I am only showing one way it could be accomplished.

Credit, if used wisely. is a great tool.  Because of my good credit I can buy get a car loan for lower interest than what I make on my investments.   For me to pull money out of my investments to pay cash for a car would actually cost me money.  The same goes for my house and other things.