• Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Israel and the Church are and are not the same

Romans 9:6 (AV)

6. ...For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Utter nonsense unless it is distinguishing between the physical and the spiritual. Echoed by Romans 2:28-29 (which hearkens back as far as Deuteronomy 10:16 the circumcision of the heart).

No one is replacing anyone. Gentiles are grafted into the Olive tree (would that be spirit Israel or physical Israel)? You are correct the Church is not (physical) Israel, nor does it replace anyone. We are joined into the ekklesia which according to Romans 11 predates Judaism entirely. The hall of faith lists the spiritual followers of YHVH from the beginning.

The (physical) Jews are special (notice I said ARE) and always will be in that they are the chosen / elect people of this life. And through faith in Jesus they and all who believe are the chosen / elect from heaven. John 3:16-18 applies to all. But they are and always have been God's people God's nation on earth (we are his from heaven Galatians 4).

Ephesians 2:11-22 / Galatians 6:13-16 which names the believers in Jesus the Israel of God... along with Romans 11:16-26 and Romans 2:28-29 / Romans 9:6 hearken back to the Gospel in the Old Testament (Jeremiah 31:31-34) wherein there is no mention of Gentiles in the New Covenant. In this the book of the prophet to the nations. Meaning the distinction was not necessary or warranted.

The Church is in disarray because of what Edmund Hamer Broadbent noted that mainstream Christianity bought into Roman Imperialism after the natural born Church leaders (the Jews) abdicated through the rejection of Jesus. Not bashing anyone. Just stating facts.

This is not to say we are to take on the characteristics of Jewish people. Only to recognize the Jewishness of our faith in Jesus. Then to get busy about our individual ministries in this the Kingdom of Priests.

I hope this finds you doing well. I just sent Miss Nancy an email of encouragement and I pray in Jesus' name for her healing and freedom from pain. Blessings!

Shaalu Shalom Yerushalaiym b' Yeshua Hamoshiakh Omein (Eph. 2:14)

JohnD 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

if you really sent this to him, I hope you spelled his name right in the letter.