WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,287
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

President Obama's intense lobbying on Wednesday secured support from a 34th Senate Democrat, ensuring his Iranian nuclear deal will survive a veto battle with Congress and setting into motion the extraordinary imposition of a foreign agreement over the objections of large numbers of voters and big majorities in both the House and Senate.

View the full article

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Democrats........   grrrrrrr.....

Guest shiloh357

I can imagine the phone calls from the Administration to the Democrat hold outs.    "Vote for the deal, or we'll release some pictures..."

In order for a treaty to be fully ratified, doesn't the Senate have to vote to ratify it?  What is all this veto proof stuff about?  Where does the Constitution give the President the power to make a treaty and then the Congress has the burden of overriding it like a bill that was vetoed? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Now Shiloh, when I make statements like that you always want me to back it up with proof....     not that I disagree with you but boy, would like to see the proof.  LoL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08

Why wouldn't he get the votes?  He's gotten everything else he's wanted.  The GOP is the party of, "We Can't Do Anything To Stop Him."

Why wouldn't he get the votes?  He's gotten everything else he's wanted.  The GOP is the party of, "We Can't Do Anything To Stop Him."

This is a treaty.  Republicans are letting Obama continue to act like this is a legally binding agreement when it clearly is not.  We don't need 2/3 majority to stop it.  Obama needs 2/3 of the Senate to ratify it. 

Guest shiloh357

Now Shiloh, when I make statements like that you always want me to back it up with proof....     not that I disagree with you but boy, would like to see the proof.  LoL

LOL,  I said, "I can imagine..."   stuff like that happening.  I didn't say it did happen.   I have a feeling that the Administration has dirt on members of Congress and possibly uses blackmail to twist their arms to voting how they should. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

So this is bad right.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

LOL,  I said, "I can imagine..."   stuff like that happening.  I didn't say it did happen.   I have a feeling that the Administration has dirt on members of Congress and possibly uses blackmail to twist their arms to voting how they should. 

Yes,anything is possible.