• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1954

Good Morning and Gods Blessings

As I sit here looking out my window here in Castle Rock Colorado I Once again find myself enjoying the beauty of God’s creation all around me as the transition is made from Summer to Fall, and then from Fall to Winter.

My family and I live in such a beautiful part of the country as the autumn leaves fill the trees with brilliant colors making the hills look like gigantic multi-colored flowers!  Then, as the weather gets even cooler and the winds pick up, those same beautiful leaves fall as the trees are left to face the winter “alone”.

I don’t know about you, but this truly is one of my favorite times of the year as the temperatures are more pleasant and invigorating.  Yet, we know what is “around the corner”!  Winter is coming.

As I watch, I also notice the scurrying of the squirrels as they frantically search for chestnuts that have fallen to the ground.  It’s amazing to me that God has built such a sense of preparation into the animals that even they recognize the value of being ready for upcoming needs.

Let me assure you, and remind you that God knows our needs, yet it is still important for us to do our part in making sure we are obedient and prepare for the future.  Yet, in all that preparation God has made it clear that we are to put Him first in all we do, especially in our giving.  As we do that, He has promised that He would take care of our needs!  Matthew 6:33 shares this truth so powerfully; “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”

As we move closer to Thanksgiving and Christmas, (it is closer than we may think my 4 year old is already talking about Christmas:D) let me remind you that Jesus Christ will supply for our needs, and yes, I believe there are times we may be blessed even in greater ways than just for the things we “need”.  Yet, we are blessed to BE a blessing!  We are all called to be givers, and I want to remind you that while the church “receives” from those who attend, we are thrilled to be able to give out, and give back in so many ways, both here in mine and your community and around the world.

Let us all continue to be supports of our church and community and be a blessings to others as well, because it’s the right thing to do, and reflects the nature of God who gave His son Jesus Christ, and Jesus who gave His life for us!

unnamed_(21).thumb.jpg.33a4796ad3eeb3f1c

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

We are Blessed to be children of God.To be adopted into His Kingdom.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  42
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.64
  • Days Won:  2

Thank you Willie for such a beautiful and inspiring post.  Through your words, I feel as if I am actually in Colorado enjoying the beauty that our Lord has provided for us.  

I agree with you, we must strive to be blessings to others.  We love, because He first loved us.  We bless because He first blessed us.  We give because He first gave for us.

Think about it in terms of our human heart.  Our wonderful human heart!  It pumps blood in through one valve, then out through another.  It doesn't store up blood to keep for itself.  It is constantly circulating it throughout the body.  It gets blood...then it gives blood.  In other words, it receives...then gives...receives...then gives...receives...then gives and so on.  This should be the same with Christians.  We first receive from God and then we give...just like the human heart.

May God bless you in all that you do, Willie.