• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

'...just as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, and you have become her children if you do what is right without being frightened by any fear.'

What does he mean...'without being frightened by any fear.'?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

One thing Jesus said over and over and over was "Fear not."

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Are you sure that is the right verse?

Oops, that is verse 6, not seven.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

'...just as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, and you have become her children if you do what is right without being frightened by any fear.'

It means being full of faith believing against all odds even when things seem impossible.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

It means that you are her children if you hate what is evil because to fear the lord is to hate evil and this is the beginning of wisdom (Proverbs 8:13; Proverbs 9:10); and, what keeps a person from doing what is right, or loving kindness, or walking humbly with God except fear of evil rather than contempt for evil in the fear of the Lord (Micah6:8).  

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42

Sarah had a very stange personality, I don't mean to judge her, and I won't do that. But if I had daughters and tell them that Sarah is your role model, who is going to come to my rescue?

they will tell me the story of Sarah parading her self, adorned with the most expensive dressing of the time, ( Abraham was a very rich man) and the most expensive jewelry of the time, making herself attractive at that age to be fit to stay in the palace of Faraow, and the lies, and the deception, and the distruction in her path, in the house of Faraow, and the gain in material as a result. Do you get this picture, or you want the one with Agar, and the child she left to died in the dessert, do you think my children will be under some spell not to see that, they will laugh at my suggestion.

or should I tell the parents of my intended wife, that I want your daughter in marriage, but she must learn to called me Lord. Or if I tell this to my fiancé. Can you guess their reactions? 

Did she do all these things without any fear? 

Sarah had a very stange personality, I don't mean to judge her, and I won't do that. But if I had daughters and tell them that Sarah is your role model, who is going to come to my rescue?

they will tell me the story of Sarah parading her self, adorned with the most expensive dressing of the time, ( Abraham was a very rich man) and the most expensive jewelry of the time, making herself attractive at that age to be fit to stay in the palace of Faraow, and the lies, and the deception, and the distruction in her path, in the house of Faraow, and the gain in material as a result. Do you get this picture, or you want the one with Agar, and the child she left to died in the dessert, do you think my children will be under some spell not to see that, they will laugh at my suggestion.

or should I tell the parents of my intended wife, that I want your daughter in marriage, but she must learn to called me Lord. Or if I tell this to my fiancé. Can you guess their reactions? 

I do no see most of what you are saying even in scripture.  And really do not know how you know what Sarah's personality was like. Sorry. We don't know at all what she was really like except a few clips.  A few clips from anybody could give the wrong impression.  But not only that, sounds like you are saying scripture is wrong by her calling him lord?  That was a very cultural thing.  Everybody called certain other people lord when showing submission to them.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,541
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shabbat shalom, Pamelasv. 

It simply means “without being frightened by any fearsome thing.” Anything that might produce terror in anyone else will NOT frighten you. The Hebrew word “adoniy,” which means “my lord” or “my protector,” is a term of doting upon her husband. She adored her husband and cuddled up to her protector and trusted in his ability to keep her happy and safe in a wild world.

During Avraham’s and Sarah’s day, they lived as nomads in a wild world. There weren’t many people, yet, and wild animals roamed freely. Even in David’s time hundreds of years later we read how he as a boy had to kill lions and bears to protect his father’s flock of sheep. Avraham was a wealthy man having large flocks of sheep and goats and herds of cattle. He also had slaves who worked for him to raise those animals, feed them, and handle them. They even served him as a small army (318 trained men) to rescue Lowt (“Lot”) and his family, as we read in the story when Lowt (pronounced “loat” to rhyme with “boat”) was taken captive by the kings of the city-states of `Eelaam, Gowyim ("nations”), Shin`aar, and Elaacaar. (Gen. 14.)

Kefa (“Cephas” or "Peter”) was saying that the women to whom he was talking should have that same attitude toward their husbands, living safe and protected and fairly comfortable in a wicked and hostile world. We today have FAR too easy a life and don’t have to face the hostilities and challenges of a world in which a volatile, crazy man like Nero could be the Roman emperor! The wife should be able to look up to her husband as her protector, keeping her and her children safe and well provided for.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42

I do no see most of what you are saying even in scripture.  And really do not know how you know what Sarah's personality was like. Sorry. We don't know at all what she was really like except a few clips.  A few clips from anybody could give the wrong impression.  But not only that, sounds like you are saying scripture is wrong by her calling him lord?  That was a very cultural thing.  Everybody called certain other people lord when showing submission to them.  

I am not mean to Sarah and I did not say those things out of my mean heart, but I don't idolize her or any one else for that matter. To idolize someone will cause willful blindness, of course every thing I said about Sarah is written in the scriptures, that's where I got the stories about her, every one reading the bible, the can see it for them selfs, and I did not say, that she is only mean and did not treet others good as well. 

But she may call Abraham Lord, but Abraham got her fear on him, and he did not intercede for Agar or the child, ( he intercede for Sodoma) and he said do with her and the child as you wish, he would be also co-responsible if the mother and the child had died, and that what would have happen, if the Good Lord did not save them. 

That tell us that the will of the Good Lord was for them to live and be bless.

even if Agar was wrong to Sarah, does that mean that her punishment was to died without water, and how about the child, what did the child did?

to died from thirst too? 

Or is it because the name of the child was not Isaac? 

Jesus Christ has died for all, there is only one Savior, the same Savior for Sarah and Agar and Isaac and Ismael, o!! We forgot Abraham.