• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

'But God said to Abraham, "Do not be distressed because of the lad and your maid, whatever Sarah tells you, listen to her, ..."   

So Abraham listened to God.  

Are you Arab by any chance.  Forgive my bluntness, but I wonder if that is why you are so mad about this.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,824
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

'But God said to Abraham, "Do not be distressed because of the lad and your maid, whatever Sarah tells you, listen to her, ..."   

So Abraham listened to God.  

Are you Arab by any chance.  Forgive my bluntness, but I wonder if that is why you are so mad about this.

Thank you for revealing Sarah's secret intent that she will not settle for anything else, only for her own way, and God knew it. 

Now she has become the Lord of Abraham, telling him, my way in this matter.

Any way she is not our Queen and we should not Idolise her, they way her own coulture does, Perhaps we should idolize Queen Victoria.

We are deferent society we valu life and punish brutality. Mostly agains women and children of any background. We hate cruelty.

Any way the love of the holy spirit will show us the way. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt
Added the name"Victoria"

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

She is part of the chosen lineage of Jesus. I'd be careful...?  

God's love to you. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,824
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

She is part of the chosen lineage of Jesus. I'd be careful...?  

God's love to you. 

You are the lucky one, you have a good family, they let you devote some time in the faith ,( perhaps too much, God gave you a family to spent time with them, (some people don't have any). They don't burn or destroy your bible, or beat you up when you pray.(many people goes through that, and have become secret believers). Read very carefuly the scriptures, Jesus accept the faith of anyone, even if still continiun in their own way, they are his and is his business to lead them to repentance of a life style and to what degree. Not every believer has mandatory REPENTANCE , of life or entertainment. But he want's all to continiun to believe no matter what. 

Think about that.

your brother of the blood and the spirit of Jesus Christ, but not in all understanding of the faith the same.

• 1 year later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 9/9/2015 at 10:09 PM, Pamelasv said:

'...just as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, and you have become her children if you do what is right without being frightened by any fear.'

What does he mean...'without being frightened by any fear.'?

Dear sister Pamelasv,

Grace and mercy and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

On 9/14/2015 at 11:23 PM, Esther4:14 said:

It means that you are her children if you hate what is evil because to fear the lord is to hate evil and this is the beginning of wisdom (Proverbs 8:13; Proverbs 9:10); and, what keeps a person from doing what is right, or loving kindness, or walking humbly with God except fear of evil rather than contempt for evil in the fear of the Lord (Micah6:8). 

• ·        “Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.” (1Peter 3.6).

Very good what you wrote, sister Esther. This served to open up my mind. I've never stopped to think that what lead us to sin is precisely the fear of evil (this match with 1John 4.19).

Hence the Holy Scripture both urge:

·        “Say ye not, A confederacy, to all them to whom this people shall say, A confederacy; neither fear ye their fear, nor be afraid. Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread. And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.” (Isaiah 8.12-14).

·        “Therefore the redeemed of the LORD shall return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy shall be upon their head: they shall obtain gladness and joy; and sorrow and mourning shall flee away. I, even I, am he that comforteth you: who art thou, that thou shouldest be afraid of a man that shall die, and of the son of man which shall be made as grass;” (Isaiah 51.11,12).

·        “Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel: thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.” (Jeremiah 10.1,2).

·        “Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.” (Hebrews 13.5,6).

We have to fear only the Eternal.

Notwithstanding, beloved sister Esther, let me make a small fix: as for the evil, what we should do is despise, not hate it. I know that you will question: but, and how to explain the stretch below?

·        “The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.” (Proverbs 8.13).

Unfortunately, sometimes translation is. Instead of hate, the best suited would be abhor, that is to say, have disgust, to the point of no supporting to see any kind of evil (even when someone deserves the one). After all, the Eternal does not support see evil (Habakkuk 1.13). Hence the Holy Scripture says:

·        “As he loved cursing, so let it come unto him: as he delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from him. As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment, so let it come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones.” (Psalms 109.17,18).

After all, love and hate are two sides of the same coin: both feelings lead us to keep the individual stuck in our mind. And the last thing we want is to keep evil in our thoughts, nagging us and those who surround us (Hebrew 12.16,17).

So, how you even said, we must despise evil, rather than hate it (the evil didn 't deserves a second of our time, a drop of our energy, etc.).

May Jesus help us increasingly to fear to the Eternal and tremble before His Word (Isaiah 66.2,5; Acts 10.35).