• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  475
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/13/1962

I am teaching in teaching in bible college,,, right now i started to  teach soteriology,

while i am preparing some lesson stuff, i am facing lot of thinking time and research time,

pl join with me to share your views on Soteriology

Step 1 ...........Holiness of God

Step 2........... The sin o Man,

Step 3 .......... The penalty of Sin

Step 4 .......... Spiritual Death

Step 5 .......... Unrighteousness

Step 6 .........  God's grace

Step 7 .........  Justification 

Step 8 ......... Salvation by faith (not by works)

i am trying to make 8 divisions to make whole lesson plan,, 

Please share your ideas,, 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Don't forget the work of the Holy Spirit in all of it.

Don't forget the work of the Holy Spirit in all of it.

Thanks for your suggestion, i think, no true christian think to forget Holy Spirit work to come and accept the sins,, and Holy spirit works to come to whole truth,, Now He is working to lead us to grow in truth too,, 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,828
  • Content Per Day:  4.76
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

Pray about it, Peace.

God Bless you.

Your brother in Christ,

KPaulG.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,540
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shabbat shalom, peacemakerIND, and happy Ro’sh haShanah. As of Sunday evening, erev Tishrei 1, the year will be 5776. 

I am teaching in teaching in bible college,,, right now i started to  teach soteriology,

while i am preparing some lesson stuff, i am facing lot of thinking time and research time,

Step 2........... The sin of Man,

My first thought is that “Soteriology” is misnamed, but that’s to be expected. As I’ve been saying in numerous posts, “salvation” (Greek: sooteeria [NT:4991], where “oo” is an omega and “ee” is an eta) is the wrong word for "being right with God." The Scripture uses the word “justification” (Greek: dikaiooma [NT:1345]), and specifically “GOD’S justification of an individual,” so your most important points are going to be Steps 6 & 7. This is best seen in Yeshua`s parable of the Pharisee and the Publican in Luke 18:

Luke 18:9-14

9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
KJV

THAT is what God wants - simply coming to an end of one’s self and falling upon the mercy of God, recognizing that he or she is a sinner who has sinned against God. There is absolutely NO good work one can do that can contribute to God’s justification of that individual, because "ALL of our righteousnesses are as filthy rags!” (Isa. 64:6) And, "there is NONE righteous, no, NOT ONE!” (Rom. 3:10)

----

By way of contrast, the word “salvation” (Greek: sooteeria [NT:4991] is more about the “DELIVERANCE” or “RESCUE,” and in prophecy, that is talking about God’s rescue of His people Israel when His Messiah Yeshua` comes again. While the justification of God’s people is bound within the salvation of God’s people, the word “salvation” most directly refers to the physical deliverance of the children of Israel when Yeshua returns.

---

When you are clearly distinguishing between the two terms, it will shed new light on many misunderstood passages of Scripture. For instance, Hebrews 2:

Hebrews 2:1-4

1 Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.

2 For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward;

3 How shall we escape, if we neglect (Greek: ameleesantes from ameleoo [NT:272], “we make light of") so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?
KJV

Yeshua`s message was the “gospel of the Kingdom”; that is, the “good news about the coming Kingdom of God.” The Jews already KNEW this “good news.” They read about it every year, at least once a year! That’s why Mark’s account begins with Yeshua`, after Yochanan (John) is imprisoned, simply saying,

Mark 1:14-15

14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
KJV

Stated without explanation, this was said to jog their memory of Isaiah 52:7:

Isaiah 52:7

7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
KJV

It was THIS message that God endorsed and authenticated with the miracles that Yeshua` and His disciples performed:

Matthew 4:23-25

23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching (Greek: keerussoon from keerussoo [NT:2784], “heralding”) the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

24 And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.

25 And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan.
KJV

Thus, Hebrews 2 is NOT talking about one’s justification by God; it is talking about neglecting or minimizing the RESCUE of the children of Israel performed by the Messiah on God’s behalf when He returns! It is most definitely NOT talking about “losing one’s salvation,” as some propose.

SO, tread lightly with Step 8.

======

A second thought is that “holiness” is really the wrong word, too. Many people think “holiness” means “complete righteousness.” (It doesn’t.) “To be holy” does NOT mean “to be completely righteous.” “To be holy” means “to be set apart” or “to be singled out.” It means “to put a spotlight upon.” This is important when it comes to verses like “Be ye holy for I am holy.” () It’s not saying “be completely righteous for I am completely righteous,” (which is impossible); it means “be set apart for I am set apart."

1 Peter 1:13-16

13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:

15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation (lifestyle);

16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
KJV

This comes from...

Leviticus 11:44-45

44 For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

45 For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.
KJV

NT:40 hagios (hag'-ee-os); from hagos (an awful thing) [compare NT:53, NT:2282]; sacred (physically, pure, morally blameless or religious, ceremonially, consecrated):
KJV - (most) holy (one, thing), saint.

OT:6918 qaadowsh (kaw-doshe'); or qaadosh (kaw-doshe'); from OT:6942; sacred (ceremonially or morally); (as noun) God (by eminence), an angel, a saint, a sanctuary:
KJV - holy (One), saint.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

God bless you in your studies and your teaching!

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

Step 2........... The sin o Man, THE SINFULNESS OF MAN (UNRIGHTEOUSNESS INCLUDED)

Step 3 .......... The penalty of Sin (SPIRITUAL DEATH INCLUDED)

Step 4 .......... God's grace

Step 5 .......... THE FINISHED REDEMPTIVE WORK OF CHRIST

Step 6 .........  SALVATION BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH (NOT OF WORKS)

Step 7 .........  Justification AND SANCTIFICATION 

Step 8 .........  GLORIFICATION

Brother,

I have provided some modifications above.  I trust they will help.

Step 2........... The sin o Man, THE SINFULNESS OF MAN (UNRIGHTEOUSNESS INCLUDED)

Step 3 .......... The penalty of Sin (SPIRITUAL DEATH INCLUDED)

Step 4 .......... God's grace

Step 5 .......... THE FINISHED REDEMPTIVE WORK OF CHRIST

Step 6 .........  SALVATION BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH (NOT OF WORKS)

Step 7 .........  Justification AND SANCTIFICATION 

Step 8 .........  GLORIFICATION

Brother,

I have provided some modifications above.  I trust they will help.

Thank you ,, i have prepared 56 pages stuff in this regard... just working with some modifications,, thank you,, 

Shabbat shalom, peacemakerIND, and happy Ro’sh haShanah. As of Sunday evening, erev Tishrei 1, the year will be 5776. 

Step 2........... The sin of Man,

My first thought is that “Soteriology” is misnamed, but that’s to be expected. As I’ve been saying in numerous posts, “salvation” (Greek: sooteeria [NT:4991], where “oo” is an omega and “ee” is an eta) is the wrong word for "being right with God." The Scripture uses the word “justification” (Greek: dikaiooma [NT:1345]), and specifically “GOD’S justification of an individual,” so your most important points are going to be Steps 6 & 7. This is best seen in Yeshua`s parable of the Pharisee and the Publican in Luke 18:

Luke 18:9-14

9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
KJV

THAT is what God wants - simply coming to an end of one’s self and falling upon the mercy of God, recognizing that he or she is a sinner who has sinned against God. There is absolutely NO good work one can do that can contribute to God’s justification of that individual, because "ALL of our righteousnesses are as filthy rags!” (Isa. 64:6) And, "there is NONE righteous, no, NOT ONE!” (Rom. 3:10)

----

By way of contrast, the word “salvation” (Greek: sooteeria [NT:4991] is more about the “DELIVERANCE” or “RESCUE,” and in prophecy, that is talking about God’s rescue of His people Israel when His Messiah Yeshua` comes again. While the justification of God’s people is bound within the salvation of God’s people, the word “salvation” most directly refers to the physical deliverance of the children of Israel when Yeshua returns.

---

When you are clearly distinguishing between the two terms, it will shed new light on many misunderstood passages of Scripture. For instance, Hebrews 2:

Hebrews 2:1-4

1 Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.

2 For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward;

3 How shall we escape, if we neglect (Greek: ameleesantes from ameleoo [NT:272], “we make light of") so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?
KJV

Yeshua`s message was the “gospel of the Kingdom”; that is, the “good news about the coming Kingdom of God.” The Jews already KNEW this “good news.” They read about it every year, at least once a year! That’s why Mark’s account begins with Yeshua`, after Yochanan (John) is imprisoned, simply saying,

Mark 1:14-15

14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
KJV

Stated without explanation, this was said to jog their memory of Isaiah 52:7:

Isaiah 52:7

7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
KJV

It was THIS message that God endorsed and authenticated with the miracles that Yeshua` and His disciples performed:

Matthew 4:23-25

23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching (Greek: keerussoon from keerussoo [NT:2784], “heralding”) the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

24 And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.

25 And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan.
KJV

Thus, Hebrews 2 is NOT talking about one’s justification by God; it is talking about neglecting or minimizing the RESCUE of the children of Israel performed by the Messiah on God’s behalf when He returns! It is most definitely NOT talking about “losing one’s salvation,” as some propose.

SO, tread lightly with Step 8.

======

A second thought is that “holiness” is really the wrong word, too. Many people think “holiness” means “complete righteousness.” (It doesn’t.) “To be holy” does NOT mean “to be completely righteous.” “To be holy” means “to be set apart” or “to be singled out.” It means “to put a spotlight upon.” This is important when it comes to verses like “Be ye holy for I am holy.” () It’s not saying “be completely righteous for I am completely righteous,” (which is impossible); it means “be set apart for I am set apart."

1 Peter 1:13-16

13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:

15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation (lifestyle);

16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
KJV

This comes from...

Leviticus 11:44-45

44 For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

45 For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.
KJV

NT:40 hagios (hag'-ee-os); from hagos (an awful thing) [compare NT:53, NT:2282]; sacred (physically, pure, morally blameless or religious, ceremonially, consecrated):
KJV - (most) holy (one, thing), saint.

OT:6918 qaadowsh (kaw-doshe'); or qaadosh (kaw-doshe'); from OT:6942; sacred (ceremonially or morally); (as noun) God (by eminence), an angel, a saint, a sanctuary:
KJV - holy (One), saint.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

God bless you in your studies and your teaching!

Thank you for writing here,, i will read slowly,, 

• Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,828
  • Content Per Day:  4.76
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

How's it going, Peace?

God Bless you.

Your brother in Christ,

KPaulG.

How's it going, Peace?

God Bless you.

Your brother in Christ,

KPaulG.

That is great time to learn more truth.. Thank you Paul for asking..

I am learning more to teach to others..

thank you