IGNORED

How does one deal with an argumentative person?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, manuelf324 said:

You can only help people who wants it. As for dealing with argumentative people. The Bible talks about a time to speak a time for silence. Let the Holy Ghost be your guide by yielding to it

AMEN !

Guest Thallasa
On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2015 at 8:20 PM, bopeep1909 said:

I think the most gracious thing you can do is post all of the Christian material and verses that you can regarding this and tell them you will be leaving then just back away.Tell them to have a nice day.It takes courage but it  is the most Christian ethical thing to do.

Well if you have tried all that, and you are living in a real situation where it is not you, but another they are attacking ?

I think sometimes ,just sometimes we have to face them down, as avoidance  is not christian , but a buddhist trait ,rather  .If they are natural bullies , not just having a bad moment or two,  then we have to show them up , otherwise it is cowardice , not courageous to let them continue .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

39 minutes ago, Thallasa said:

Well if you have tried all that, and you are living in a real situation where it is not you, but another they are attacking ?

I think sometimes ,just sometimes we have to face them down, as avoidance  is not christian , but a buddhist trait ,rather  .If they are natural bullies , not just having a bad moment or two,  then we have to show them up , otherwise it is cowardice , not courageous to let them continue .

I agree with both you and Peeps.  It all depends on the Holy Spirit's leading.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

a couple of stern slaps to the cheeks and a firm shaking (like the paint can shaker) should do nicely to get their attention :thumbsup: 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Zion

Hey Sis,I am wondering if this (the OP) is still an ongoing thing for you? I hardly ever read a thread that has many many posts because I don't want to read them all-lol    I am not even sure if I replied earlier on,don't recall,don't think so?       I did read some replies & some were ridiculous,others comical,some less than kind etc,,,,,,,,are you still interested in talking about this?

I've heard some people say things like"I say this or that & then walk away',,,,,,,to me,that is being passive aggressive,,,,,if you have to make any statements then thats the need to get the last word in & there is aggression down in there,,,,,,,,,,that is not any way to approach argumentative people,not a Christian way,,,,,,if it is time to kick the dust off your feet then nothing further needs to be said,the opposition is simply not receptive,period

I would really like to know a little more if you still want to discuss this,if not I understand,,,,,it has probably been said already!   Personally I cannot be bothered with argumentative people,,,,I don't partake of their foolishness & they cannot very well argue with themselves      I have said,"If you cannot talk without arguing or debate then you have the wrong person here(me)"      But,I would need to know more,,,,,there are times I have "argued" a matter because of extenuating purposes,maybe in someones defense,,,,,,,,,,,,,even then,as long as I keep looking for the Holy  Spirit to lead then there really is not an argument,,,,,,    difficult question without specifics                               Love you Sis,Kwik        (you can PM me if you want)

Guest Thallasa
9 hours ago, *Zion* said:

I agree with both you and Peeps.  It all depends on the Holy Spirit's leading.  

Well it is difficult to do, and not pleasant , but if ignored  some young and inexperienced people will leave , and bullying  creates fear and tension ,  and needs to be called out . There is in my opinion,  a difference between  a passsionate exchange of opinions , and controlling the whole thread till the end .

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

KJV Titus  3:10  A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;  

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

As it says in scripture, use ' a kind word or soft answer turns away wrath/ anger.' Proverbs 15:1

A gentle answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger. King James Bible A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.