IGNORED

Is every sin being unfaithful to the Lord?

porton

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/21/1980

Bible teaches not to be unfaithful to the Lord (submitting to idols), even if doing it implies us to be cast to a lion cage or furnace.

But does being unfaithful to the Lord extend to other kinds of sin?

Suppose I am told by a gangster: Go steal with me or I will kill you. In this case, should stealing be equated with being unfaithful to the Lord? or is it a lesser commandment which may be violated due a necessity?

Edited by porton

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Bible teaches not to be unfaithful to the Lord (submitting to idols), even if doing it implies us to be cast to a lion cage or furnace.

Suppose I am told by a gangster: Go steal with me or I will kill you. In this case, should stealing be equated with being unfaithful to the Lord? or is it a lesser commandment which may be violated due a necessity?

In my opinion, this is neither a sin to Christ, and nor to your fellow man, and not a sin against the one who has taken control of you. If there is no intent on your part, and there is nothing else you could do under those sircumstanses.

In the old testiment, when someone steals food, because of extreme need to survive, and he is caught, he is let go without any punishment. 

When we believe that, Jesus Is the Christ, we have obeyed GOD, who is telling us to believe in his Som. 

Not everything you  consider disobedience are nessary disobidience to somebody else. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, “Your closest friendnt" 

In my opinion, this is neither a sin to Christ, and nor to your fellow man, and not a sin against the one who has taken control of you. If there is no intent on your part, and there is nothing else you could do under those sircumstanses.

In the old testiment, when someone steals food, because of extreme need to survive, and he is caught, he is let go without any punishment. 

When we believe that, Jesus Is the Christ, we have obeyed GOD, who is telling us to believe in his Som. 

Not everything you  consider disobedience are nessary disobidience to somebody else. 

Let’s not assume we know something when we don’t, and let’s not misspeak the Bible!

God said, “Thou shalt not steal.” PERIOD.

When a man is caught stealing, even if it was to supply his own personal great need, ...

Exodus 22:1-7

1 If a man shall steal an ox, or a sheep, and kill it, or sell it; he shall restore five oxen for an ox, and four sheep for a sheep.

2 If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him.

3 If the sun be risen upon him, there shall be blood shed for him; for he should make full restitution; if he have nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft.

4 If the theft be certainly found in his hand alive, whether it be ox, or ass, or sheep; he shall restore double.

5 If a man shall cause a field or vineyard to be eaten, and shall put in his beast, and shall feed in another man's field; of the best of his own field, and of the best of his own vineyard, shall he make restitution.

6 If fire break out, and catch in thorns, so that the stacks of corn, or the standing corn, or the field, be consumed therewith; he that kindled the fire shall surely make restitution.

7 If a man shall deliver unto his neighbour money or stuff to keep, and it be stolen out of the man's house; if the thief be found, let him pay double.
KJV

Proverbs 6:30-31

30 Men do not despise a thief, if he steal to satisfy his soul when he is hungry;

31 But if he be found, he shall restore sevenfold; he shall give all the substance of his house.
KJV

Don’t put words in God’s mouth.

Shabbat shalom, porton. 

Suppose God told you, “Thou shalt not steal”; would you still go with him and abet in his crime? Do you obey God or men? What would happen if you tell the gangster, “God has said, ‘THOU SHALT NOT STEAL,’ and He also said, ‘Vengeance is MINE! I WILL repay!’” Might it give him pause? Might God put it on his heart and mind to FEAR Him?

In EVERY case, FEAR GOD! In EVERY case, have FAITH in GOD! TRUST HIM! Be BOLD for Him, and let others be aware of and BEWARE of GOD!

When Paul run away from those who wanted to kill him, the lower him in a basket from the wall, I don't think he advice the people who help him, that if you are question tell the trouth, so they can died in his place, no I don't think so. 

Even Rahab was bless for hiding th spies, and she lied to those who were looking for them, risking her own life. And she was saved and bless and she became part of the line of Jesus, and all that because she did what? 

And the otherprophetess (Debora her name?), she said to the King "here cover your self under the blanket, and hide from your enemies", but instant she kill him. And she was rewarded from God,"it was Gods will , for Rahab, and for Debora"

The point is what we learn from those  stories, 

not to seek self righteousness but he will of God.

do what it takes to remain alive, you are usefull to Jesus alive not dead.

Shalom, “Your closest friendnt." 

When Paul run away from those who wanted to kill him, the lower him in a basket from the wall, I don't think he advice the people who help him, that if you are question tell the trouth, so they can died in his place, no I don't think so. 

Even Rahab was bless for hiding th spies, and she lied to those who were looking for them, risking her own life. And she was saved and bless and she became part of the line of Jesus, and all that because she did what? 

And the otherprophetess (Debora her name?), she said to the King "here cover your self under the blanket, and hide from your enemies", but instant she kill him. And she was rewarded from God,"it was Gods will , for Rahab, and for Debora"

The Scriptures don’t say, “Thou shalt not lie.” They say “Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor."

The Scriptures say, “Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.” The LORD commended the two spies who came back from the Land of Promise with a good report, and the LORD commended the spies who were sent to Yericho (Jericho) by honoring their promise to Rachav (“Rahab”) and her family.

I also think you are thinking about the account of Ya’el (Jael) who drove a tent peg through the temple of the captain of YaaViyn’s (Jabin’s) army, Ciycraa’ (Sisera). She, too, was commended by the LORD.

Also, you might want to add Piynchaac (Phinehas) who took a javelin and thrust it through an Israelite who went in to a Midnaaniyt (Midianite woman), thrusting it through the both of them, pinning them both to the ground! The LORD commended Piynchaac and stopped a plague because of his action.

The Scriptures also say, “Be angry and SIN NOT!"

The Scriptures teach, “Do whatever it takes to be righteous!" But, "be wise" also. God doesn’t commend being a fool!

Shalom, “Your closest friendnt." 

The Scriptures don’t say, “Thou shalt not lie.” They say “Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor."

The Scriptures say, “Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.” The LORD commended the two spies who came back from the Land of Promise with a good report, and the LORD commended the spies who were sent to Yericho (Jericho) by honoring their promise to Rachav (“Rahab”) and her family.

I also think you are thinking about the account of Ya’el (Jael) who drove a tent peg through the temple of the captain of YaaViyn’s (Jabin’s) army, Ciycraa’ (Sisera). She, too, was commended by the LORD.

Also, you might want to add Piynchaac (Phinehas) who took a javelin and thrust it through an Israelite who went in to a Midnaaniyt (Midianite woman), thrusting it through the both of them, pinning them both to the ground! The LORD commended Piynchaac and stopped a plague because of his action.

The Scriptures also say, “Be angry and SIN NOT!"

The Scriptures teach, “Do whatever it takes to be righteous!" But, "be wise" also. God doesn’t commend being a fool!

Shalom "Retrobyter"

and thank you for your reply and your informative input.