jmldn2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

Actually the dinosaurs were on the earth in Adam's day.  There was not previous earth prior to the one we have now.  Dinosaurs are not millions of years old.  Carbon dating is highly unreliable because it makes certain assumptions about the carbon present in the atmosphere and in dead animals that are found not to be true.

This is simply what Yahweh says in Scripture - has always been True.  But there's many who have been deceived with , by or through different authorities.

Continue Abiding in God's Word Shiloh,  Yahweh has confirmed and guarded His Word.  It is tested and proven.

It seems obvious to me that whether one believes that dinosaurs shared the earth with Adam or not is irrelevant.  The only thing relevant is standing with God's Word and following Him. 

Guest shiloh357

Actually the dinosaurs were on the earth in Adam's day.  There was not previous earth prior to the one we have now.  Dinosaurs are not millions of years old.  Carbon dating is highly unreliable because it makes certain assumptions about the carbon present in the atmosphere and in dead animals that are found not to be true.

This is simply what Yahweh says in Scripture - has always been True.  But there's many who have been deceived with , by or through different authorities.

Continue Abiding in God's Word Shiloh,  Yahweh has confirmed and guarded His Word.  It is tested and proven.

It seems obvious to me that whether one believes that dinosaurs shared the earth with Adam or not is irrelevant.  The only thing relevant is standing with God's Word and following Him. 

It is relevant what we believe about the dinosaurs.   God's word tells us that God created the earth in six 24 hour days.   If one places the dinosaurs at 65 million years ago as many do, then we have a problem with the inerrancy of God's word.   It means that this is an account that cannot be fully trusted to be 100%  accurate.   If the Bible is preserved by God and is found to make erroneous claims in Genesis 1, then what other incorrect information is contained in the Bible?    How can you stand with God's Word if God's word has errors in it?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  565
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

I totally agree...

It is relevant what we believe about the dinosaurs.   God's word tells us that God created the earth in six 24 hour days.   If one places the dinosaurs at 65 million years ago as many do, then we have a problem with the inerrancy of God's word.   It means that this is an account that cannot be fully trusted to be 100%  accurate.   If the Bible is preserved by God and is found to make erroneous claims in Genesis 1, then what other incorrect information is contained in the Bible?    How can you stand with God's Word if God's word has errors in it?

My point is that whether one believes the dinosaurs lived 6000 years ago or 65,000,000 years ago; it  is not a salvational issue.  The Bible doesn't mention them but that doesn't mean they weren't here.  Or God may have wiped them out long before He created us. Since He is outside of time, He can bend and manipulate it any way He chooses.  We know God created everything just as the Bible tells us. That's all that's important , to me anyway.

Guest shiloh357

My point is that whether one believes the dinosaurs lived 6000 years ago or 65,000,000 years ago; it  is not a salvational issue.  The Bible doesn't mention them but that doesn't mean they weren't here.  Or God may have wiped them out long before He created us. Since He is outside of time, He can bend and manipulate it any way He chooses.  We know God created everything just as the Bible tells us. That's all that's important , to me anyway.

It  is not a salvation issue, but one of the problems we encounter in these matters the integrity of the Bible and that IS a salvation issue.   If the Bible is wrong about the days of creation, then what else is it wrong about?   People seem to disconnect Genesis 1 from the Gospel as if one doesn't touch on the other.  But Jesus IS the Creator.   The Bible makes it clear that Jesus was the one who made everything so that touches on how we view Jesus and the Gospel.  Genesis 1-3 teaches us about Jesus as our Creator, Redeemer and Eternal Judge, and those three chapters are the seed bed either directly or indirectly for all the major doctrines of Scripture.

Christians have bought into the notion of the earth being 4 billion years old and the dinosaurs exited 65 millions ago because of evolutionists who reject the creation account, not to mention the Genesis Flood account, the Tower of Babel, etc.    So why should they accept that the Bible's claims about Jesus are true, if the Bible's accounts in other places are erroneous?  

So while believing that dinosaurs lived 65 million years ago will not send you to hell, the fact that such things challenge the integrity of the Bible's claims in other areas does touch on salvation in that people are not putting faith in the claims of a book they don't believe they can trust.  So why should they believe the Bible's claims about their sin, and need for salvation if they can't trust the Bible's claims about their origins

God doesn't need to bend or manipulate time.  God is all-powerful and all-knowing and could have created everything in a nanosecond if he had wanted to.   God doesn't speak to us in riddles.  He means precisely what He says. 

It  is not a salvation issue, but one of the problems we encounter in these matters the integrity of the Bible and that IS a salvation issue.   If the Bible is wrong about the days of creation, then what else is it wrong about?   People seem to disconnect Genesis 1 from the Gospel as if one doesn't touch on the other.  But Jesus IS the Creator.   The Bible makes it clear that Jesus was the one who made everything so that touches on how we view Jesus and the Gospel.  Genesis 1-3 teaches us about Jesus as our Creator, Redeemer and Eternal Judge, and those three chapters are the seed bed either directly or indirectly for all the major doctrines of Scripture.

Christians have bought into the notion of the earth being 4 billion years old and the dinosaurs exited 65 millions ago because of evolutionists who reject the creation account, not to mention the Genesis Flood account, the Tower of Babel, etc.    So why should they accept that the Bible's claims about Jesus are true, if the Bible's accounts in other places are erroneous?  

So while believing that dinosaurs lived 65 million years ago will not send you to hell, the fact that such things challenge the integrity of the Bible's claims in other areas does touch on salvation in that people are not putting faith in the claims of a book they don't believe they can trust.  So why should they believe the Bible's claims about their sin, and need for salvation if they can't trust the Bible's claims about their origins

God doesn't need to bend or manipulate time.  God is all-powerful and all-knowing and could have created everything in a nanosecond if he had wanted to.   God doesn't speak to us in riddles.  He means precisely what He says. 

I agree that He doesn't speak in riddles.  I guess I have never considered the timing of Creation as being anything but what the Bible says it is.  I think all believers should trust in the bible and, if minor points are outside their understanding, God will explain them here in a little while.  It's akin to the Rapture theories and the constant arguing over them.  As long as we believe, we'll be okay even if we get some of the line items wrong. 

Guest shiloh357

I agree that He doesn't speak in riddles.  I guess I have never considered the timing of Creation as being anything but what the Bible says it is.  I think all believers should trust in the bible and, if minor points are outside their understanding, God will explain them here in a little while.  It's akin to the Rapture theories and the constant arguing over them.  As long as we believe, we'll be okay even if we get some of the line items wrong. 

I hear you, but this goes to inerrancy, which is not a minor doctrinal issue.  It is not akin to a non-doctrinal issue like the rapture.  The inerrancy of the Bible speaks to its integrity in all matters of doctrine, including salvation.   It has bearing on whether or not the Bible can be trusted and that affects whether or not unbelievers decide to trust its claims, especially the claims it makes regarding the Gospel and man's need for Christ.

I hear you, but this goes to inerrancy, which is not a minor doctrinal issue.  It is not akin to a non-doctrinal issue like the rapture.  The inerrancy of the Bible speaks to its integrity in all matters of doctrine, including salvation.   It has bearing on whether or not the Bible can be trusted and that affects whether or not unbelievers decide to trits claims, especially the claims it makes regarding the Gospel and man's need for Christ.

I guess I hadn't really thought about the issue in those terms but, yes, I can see that  believing in the inerrancy of the Bible requires accepting what it actually says.  A true believer trusts in Scripture even when he/she doesn't totally understand it.  The understanding will come as we grow in faith. 

Guest Thallasa

I have no problem with a time frame tha tells of God creating the heavens and the earth....being displeased with what Satan had done on the earth over which he had been given dominion..and an angry God reforming the earth ..which in v2 is formless and void. There must be a time frame for dinosaurs, and Australopithecus because they were not on earth during the time of Adam and beyond due to the carbon dating. God is once again going to recreate the earth with fire so that it is pure. No problem for a new earth 6000 yrs old after the other was destroyed and recreated. Satan now has limited dominion...he cannot touch the saints without God's permission first. Those not belonging to the Father, and in Jesus' hand are not under the same protection.

This is not true in my opinion .

It is true, regardless of your opinion.  

Well I was a bit hasty, as what I do not believe, is that creation is 6000 years old ,but perhaps the dinosaurs were onearth with humans ,as there ar many stories about 'dragons' , and of course there is the Loch Ness monster story,:wub: which is most likely ,one of the last of them .

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

On another site I belong too, there are several people arguing with me that there are 2 difference creation stories.  I say there is only one.  I was just curious to know what you all thought. 

Good answers and thanks,