IGNORED

Discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness.

Pamelasv

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

1 Timothy 4:7

How does one do this do you think?  I need more godliness, especially after my recent trip out to the grocery store.  I react in my mind ALOT to crap I seem to get. Of course, I was crabby and hungry/ getting a late supper. But I kicked somebody in my mind in the butt because of something that happened.  I think, 'I can do this and stay godly because word says I can.'  Then poof, it didn't happen.  Actually, I need to stay away from this place.  Come to think of it, it causes me to sin so I need to pluck it out and throw it from me.  Just avoiding the longer drive.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Galatians 5:22-23 in a nutshell.

Self control is the work of the Holy Spirit Romans 8:9.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  37

How does one do this do you think?  I need more godliness, especially after my recent trip out to the grocery store.  I react in my mind ALOT to crap I seem to get. Of course, I was crabby and hungry/ getting a late supper. But I kicked somebody in my mind in the butt because of something that happened.  I think, 'I can do this and stay godly because word says I can.'  Then poof, it didn't happen.  Actually, I need to stay away from this place.  Come to think of it, it causes me to sin so I need to pluck it out and throw it from me.  Just avoiding the longer drive.  

Discipline of self can only come when we frequently fill our hearts and mind with scripture and prayer, by developing our personal relationship with Christ.

Start the day right after you awaken by offering it all to God in prayer.  Offer yourself without reserve - all your thoughts, all your words, all your deeds, your actions, all your decisions.  Offer everything that will happen to you that day.   Ask God to fill you afresh with His Holy Spirit.  Ask Him to direct all your steps, all your actions, all your thoughts, all your words.  Ask Him to put a guard over your mouth so you speak as He would have you speak. "Thy will not my will be done."

At periods throughout the day return in prayer to God,  Become still and listen.

At night, before you go to sleep, offer the day again to God.  Examine yourself, ask forgiveness for any sins committed, and commit yourself to God's care while you sleep.

The next day begin again.

This is a gradual process.  It doesn't happen over night, but as we put one foot in front of the other and discipline ourselves to take time for God like I suggest above. This allows God to work in us and change us from the inside.  This is where self discipline starts.   

God gets me up at 3 am to read His Word.  This started about a year and a half ago and I had actually spent many days reading ALL DAY when my husband was gone for work.  He is not a bible reader or church attender.   I had posted more, but decided to delete it. Like I said tho, I think I need to be selective on the places I go to.   Thanks for your reply's.  Thanks for the awareness of the worthy library.  Will keep that in mind.  Yes,  I agree and believe also that it just must keep getting more God focused, and it is a journey. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I am diabetic and become hypoglycemic when meals are late.  So I have a glass of milk before going out to avoid the irritable shaky feeling.  Otherwise our son reminds me I am a poor witness for Christ.  But he is too passive and will not alert the management to an error on the bill, where I do.  Especially when I saw an entertainment fee added to the bill, when there had been no entertainment!.  OK, I confess, when I am outraged I tend to raise my voice.  They did remove the fee but I am less likely to shop there again do to shady surcharges.  

• 2 weeks later...

Funny thing, because I shared this, seems so much easier going in that store now. Actually, I typed up a more detailed explanation, and kind of got it off my chest so to speak even tho I didn't send it. 

I guess I confessed my sin.  ' confess your sins to one another...'  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Thank you for your well meaning advice.  My body needs some carbs like lactose, some protein and a little fat to eaven out the carbs absorbtion at that time.  Chlorophyl won't do that very well.  I actuall drink buttermilk with live enzymes.

Dark green veggies give you plenty of chlorophyl and a lot of vitamins and minerals as well as phytonutrients besides.  Why waste your money on popping a "chlorophyl" pill.  They sell those for dogs' bad breath, too.

Some things get buried because the facts are found to be inaccurate.  Since I haven't read the original papers there is no way to verify the claim.  But I rarely fall for dietary claims that are not verified by my diabetes registered dietitions.

Blessings,

Willa

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Discipline of self can only come when we frequently fill our hearts and mind with scripture and prayer, by developing our personal relationship with Christ.

Start the day right after you awaken by offering it all to God in prayer.  Offer yourself without reserve - all your thoughts, all your words, all your deeds, your actions, all your decisions.  Offer everything that will happen to you that day.   Ask God to fill you afresh with His Holy Spirit.  Ask Him to direct all your steps, all your actions, all your thoughts, all your words.  Ask Him to put a guard over your mouth so you speak as He would have you speak. "Thy will not my will be done."

At periods throughout the day return in prayer to God,  Become still and listen.

At night, before you go to sleep, offer the day again to God.  Examine yourself, ask forgiveness for any sins committed, and commit yourself to God's care while you sleep.

The next day begin again.

This is a gradual process.  It doesn't happen over night, but as we put one foot in front of the other and discipline ourselves to take time for God like I suggest above. This allows God to work in us and change us from the inside.  This is where self discipline starts.   

Amen, Excellent Post.

• 1 year later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 9/20/2015 at 11:43 PM, thereselittleflower said:

Dear sister Pamelasv,

Grace and mercy and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

I agree with her sister Thereselittleflower. The more we get to know Jesus Christ, the more we see the beauty that is in His holiness. This causes us to have less interest in the things of this world and less willingness to discuss with people, since we are seeing what is really happening in the heart of the One who loves us so much because of the innumerable things that this sinner does to destroy his own life and those around them.

On 9/21/2015 at 10:37 PM, Pamelasv said:

I said tho, I think I need to be selective on the places I go to.

But I agree with you, Sister Pamelasv, that we must turn away from all appearance of evil and everything that can lead us to stumble in faith and love toward neighbor:

·        “Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee. Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee. Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established. Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.” (Proverbs 4.23-27).

·        “Abstain from all appearance of evil.” (1Thessalonians 5.22).

·        “And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.” (Hebrews 12.13).

May Jesus help us to seek only what is important to us and for our neighbor.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

On 9/20/2015 at 8:28 PM, Pamelasv said:

A mental kick in the butt visual. :laugh:That could come in handy in traffic and those aggressive drivers that I can't stand. 

Don't beat yourself up overmuch. Jesus hand fashioned a whip and took after the money changers in his Father's house for their misdeeds that upset him.