IGNORED

Can a married man Lust after his own wife?

xyluz

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Of course a man can lust after his own wife.As long as he is doing what is gentle and kind and they as a couple are in agreement then go for it. :)

1. LUST

very strong sexual desire.

1.have a very strong sexual desire for someone.

then I definitely lust over my wife...  Try reading the Song of Solomon and tell me that it's not OK to do so.

I know, that was my first thought other one. I think it's more of a matter of the definition and usage of the word " lust ". 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  565
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

So, my conclusion ( please anyone correct me if I am mistaken ), is that a lust in the flesh is not profitable, but a lust in the Spirit is. 

What do you mean lust in the spirit?

In other words, to lust " after the things of the Spirit ". Which is taking the same word, but applying it in opposition to lusting " after things of the flesh " .

the spirit lust against/after the flesh is like saying the spirit is always at war with the flesh... i don't think it applies to this thread..

Does it not ? Okay brother. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

I think lusting after the things of the Spirit is just another way of saying desiring things that right or righteous in the eyes of God instead of lusting after the flesh which is desiring sinful things that are sin they are wrong and unrighteous acts in the eyes of God.

I think lusting after the things of the Spirit is just another way of saying desiring things that right or righteous in the eyes of God instead of lusting after the flesh which is desiring sinful things that are sin they are wrong and unrighteous acts in the eyes of God.

Well, that's why I looked at the words " lust, covet, and desire " and it really is a matter of context in my findings. 

• The OP asked " Can a man lust after his own wife? " . It's not exactly clear the context of " lust " in the question. 

I mean, look at this:

Gal 5:17  For what our human nature wants is opposed to what the Spirit wants, and what the Spirit wants is opposed to what our human nature wants. These two are enemies, and this means that you cannot do what you want to do.

I mean, look at this:

Gal 5:17  For what our human nature wants is opposed to what the Spirit wants, and what the Spirit wants is opposed to what our human nature wants. These two are enemies, and this means that you cannot do what you want to do.

So, in the " context of the word lust  in your question, do you see this verse as applicable ? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

So, my conclusion ( please anyone correct me if I am mistaken ), is that a lust in the flesh is not profitable, but a lust in the Spirit is. 

What do you mean lust in the spirit?

In other words, to lust " after the things of the Spirit ". Which is taking the same word, but applying it in opposition to lusting " after things of the flesh " .

the spirit lust against/after the flesh is like saying the spirit is always at war with the flesh... i don't think it applies to this thread..

Read Galatians 5 as it teaches that the flesh and Spirit are at war with one another and I do think that it applies very much to the thread.  Because a husband can have evil lusts and desires toward his wife sexually and become abusive towards her as a result of the lust that is warring in his flesh.  But a husband can also have rightful desires to be with his wife sexually in a way that is pure and not hurtful lust or sinful acts towards his wife.

I mean, look at this:

So, in the " context of the word lust  in your question, do you see this verse as applicable ? 

no, Not really...

Well, i might be wrong... :)