• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

50 minutes ago, Jewels7 said:

I've heard more than one pastor say if parishioners don't tithe they're not in the will of God. Nor shall they be blessed. 

Well then I am in trouble. I do not attend a Church. :mellow:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

Nor do I. And yet I do give to God's work in the community wherein there is need of it.

I watched a television preacher once speak of tithing. Just before they passed the offering plate . 

He said that his congregation may be tempted to give their money to people in need outside the church. But that is wrong! Give instead to the church so that they can decide who receives the benefit of giving. If the people give outright to the people in need, people receiving the money will look up to the giver. And that is wrong. Let the church give them money and the people will look up to God. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

The WOF and prosperity Charismatic teachers put the pressure on their congregation to give. If they do they say that they will get double the amount back. Many of these pastors are wealthy.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

50 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

The WOF and prosperity Charismatic teachers put the pressure on their congregation to give. If they do they say that they will get double the amount back. Many of these pastors are wealthy.

Have you ever undertaken a Google image search of such pastors homes? Or even compounds as some boast of owning. 

I see that and think of all the people that money could have helped had the owner thought to live humbly and give to projects that would save the homeless , the abused, and the hungry from their suffering. Would Jesus have lived so?