IGNORED

Very discouraged by Pope Francis' visit to the U.S.

TerryWS

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Many or most people were overjoyed about the Pope’s visit to the U.S. I am extremely unhappy, and there are ample reasons why.

-      -  Pope Francis laughed with Obama on camera multiple times, Obama the man who refuses to defund the butchers at Planned Parenthood, even if it means shutting down the U.S. government to protect them, and Obama the man who forces Catholic organizations pay for contraceptives and abortion causing drugs.

-     -  In response, Pope Francis could have said something to Congress about abortion or the unprecedented evils of Planned Parenthood, but instead he said nothing at all, leaving those in Congress fighting Planned Parenthood with no support at all.

-      - Now to his credit he did meet with the Sisters of the Poor, a group of nuns who are suing the Obama administration over the contraception issue. But this symbolic act was overshadowed by other events.

-       - There were signs of hope when Pope Francis talked about protecting religious freedom for public workers, and even met with the Kentucky clerk who was jailed for not signing same-sex marriage certificates. But couple of days later the Vatican withdrew his support of her cause, completely hollowing the meaning of his earlier words.   

-       - This confused approach took another turn after Pope Francis spoke vaguely about threats to God’s design for sexuality and marriage in his address to Congress, but then met with a longtime gay friend and his partner in search of a “hug” from them. The gay friend even claimed the Pope has never challenged him about his sodomy.

Through these and other conflicted words and actions, it is clear the visit of Pope Francis has only emboldened Obama and people like him to continue their attack on orthodox Christianity. Nearly every media report echoes what secularists now believe: Pope Francis is marginally concerned about the slaughter and sale of the unborn in this country, is an advocate for same-sex relationships, and won’t defend those who are persecuted for standing against gay marriage. As a Catholic Christian who is very concerned about these issues, I believe Pope Francis failed his Church miserably during this visit. He has made grave matters even worse, and I truly wish he had not come here. Pope Francis has lost my trust as a spokesman for truth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Terry, there are a lot of things going on within your church that spills over into things of this visit.....    don't let it get you down, just keep your eye on Jesus and let it work through itself and see where it comes out.    Many of us feel the same way...  I've heard several people express your thoughts here locally in person, both Catholic and not....   just keep the faith and it will all work out in the end.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  37

Many or most people were overjoyed about the Pope’s visit to the U.S. I am extremely unhappy, and there are ample reasons why.

-      -  Pope Francis laughed with Obama on camera multiple times, Obama the man who refuses to defund the butchers at Planned Parenthood, even if it means shutting down the U.S. government to protect them, and Obama the man who forces Catholic organizations pay for contraceptives and abortion causing drugs.

-     -  In response, Pope Francis could have said something to Congress about abortion or the unprecedented evils of Planned Parenthood, but instead he said nothing at all, leaving those in Congress fighting Planned Parenthood with no support at all.

-      - Now to his credit he did meet with the Sisters of the Poor, a group of nuns who are suing the Obama administration over the contraception issue. But this symbolic act was overshadowed by other events.

-       - There were signs of hope when Pope Francis talked about protecting religious freedom for public workers, and even met with the Kentucky clerk who was jailed for not signing same-sex marriage certificates. But couple of days later the Vatican withdrew his support of her cause, completely hollowing the meaning of his earlier words.   

-       - This confused approach took another turn after Pope Francis spoke vaguely about threats to God’s design for sexuality and marriage in his address to Congress, but then met with a longtime gay friend and his partner in search of a “hug” from them. The gay friend even claimed the Pope has never challenged him about his sodomy.

Through these and other conflicted words and actions, it is clear the visit of Pope Francis has only emboldened Obama and people like him to continue their attack on orthodox Christianity. Nearly every media report echoes what secularists now believe: Pope Francis is marginally concerned about the slaughter and sale of the unborn in this country, is an advocate for same-sex relationships, and won’t defend those who are persecuted for standing against gay marriage. As a Catholic Christian who is very concerned about these issues, I believe Pope Francis failed his Church miserably during this visit. He has made grave matters even worse, and I truly wish he had not come here. Pope Francis has lost my trust as a spokesman for truth.

Terry,  he needs our prayers not our condemnation.    He is a human being after all, and God change each of our hearts.  Pray. 

Guest Judas Machabeus

Do you think anything the Pope would have said to Obama regarding abortion or planned parenthood would have born any fruit. It would have been wasted time and words. He had very limited time and had to choose the topics to speak to that would have a better result of building relationships. 

If you have a hard lesson to learn, you are going to be more receptive to a friend than a foe. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

I agree Terry.  I am with you on this.

Terry,  he needs our prayers not our condemnation.    He is a human being after all, and God change each of our hearts.  Pray. 

Using the lame excuse that he is a human being after all won't cut it. He is a human being who (1) represents an apostate church, (2) willingly colludes with evil men like Obama and those who promote a phony agenda, (3) deceives the world about the true Gospel and Bible Truth, and (4) refuses to take responsibility for his own actions (a la Kim Davis).  There is a time for prayer and there is a time to expose wolves in sheep's clothing.  Evangelical Christians are being conditioned to turn a blind eye to Mystery Babylon, which is condemned in the strongest terms in Scripture. When the Lord addressed the seven churches in Asia, He desired the removal of all the false teachers and false apostles from those churches.  If the apostle Peter were sent down to earth today, he would shut down the Vatican.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

Do you think anything the Pope would have said to Obama regarding abortion or planned parenthood would have born any fruit.

Judas,

Congress was in the midst of dealing with the abomination called Planned Parenthood.  Had the Pope addressed Congress and clearly and unequivocally stated "DEFUND PLANNED PARENTHOOD BECAUSE IT IS THE MURDER OF INNOCENTS" you don't think that it would have had a tremendous impact?  The whole world would have taken notice, and Obama would have had to back off in order to save face.  The Pope's words have much influence but he willingly chose to side with the evildoers.

Guest shiloh357

I agree Terry.  I am with you on this.

Using the lame excuse that he is a human being after all won't cut it. He is a human being who (1) represents an apostate church, (2) willingly colludes with evil men like Obama and those who promote a phony agenda, (3) deceives the world about the true Gospel and Bible Truth, and (4) refuses to take responsibility for his own actions (a la Kim Davis).  There is a time for prayer and there is a time to expose wolves in sheep's clothing.  Evangelical Christians are being conditioned to turn a blind eye to Mystery Babylon, which is condemned in the strongest terms in Scripture. When the Lord addressed the seven churches in Asia, He desired the removal of all the false teachers and false apostles from those churches.  If the apostle Peter were sent down to earth today, he would shut down the Vatican.

Bravo!

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Nice post:) I agree.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  37

Do you think anything the Pope would have said to Obama regarding abortion or planned parenthood would have born any fruit. It would have been wasted time and words. He had very limited time and had to choose the topics to speak to that would have a better result of building relationships. 

If you have a hard lesson to learn, you are going to be more receptive to a friend than a foe. 

I agree.

Jesus visited the tax collectors and sinners, sat with them, talked with them, ate with them, and was accused by the Pharisees for doing so.

Matthew 9

10Then it happened that as Jesus was reclining at the table in the house, behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and were dining with Jesus and His disciples.11When the Pharisees saw this, they said to His disciples, "Why is your Teacher eating with the tax collectors and sinners?" 12But when Jesus heard this, He said, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick

Matthew 5:46
If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?

Matthew 11:19
The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.' But wisdom is proved right by her deeds."

Mark 2
16 When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: "Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?" 17And hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Luke 5
30 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law who belonged to their sect complained to his disciples, "Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?" 31And Jesus answered and said to them, "It is not those who are well who need a physician, but those who are sick

Luke 15
2 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, "This man welcomes sinners and eats with them." 

3So He told them this parable, saying, 4“What man among you, if he has a hundred sheep and has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open pasture and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? 5“When he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. 6“And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ 7“I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.

The Pope does so as well, and he also is accused.