Vera Bradley

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

The Bible says not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers, yet in the context of dating and marriage, at least in the West, that mandate does not appear to be heeded, at least in my experience.

I remember when I was younger, I was with some women who held a Bible study once a week. Yet on weekends when I went out with them, they had a night out on the town and flirted with worldly men on the street. Also, I have encountered more people who put the faith aside just long enough to find a mate, then pick it up again afterward. This frustrates me because I refused to be unequally yoked and have been single all my life. Do I have to play this baiting game? Is it really possible to be equally yoked from the very beginning?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

They are lukewarm Christians.They are hypocrites.The Bible tells us to stay away from these kind of "said faith" only Christians.I have casual friends that are not Christian.That is all they are I would never take advice from them.Many try to hook a man or woman into marriage by disguising as a Christian until the "I Do's" are said.I think that is taking your marriage vows on a lie.

Pray to God and ask Him to bring the person into your life that is His plan for you.God's timing is different than our timing so you need to be patient.

A person needs to be very cautious.Sit back and observe this person.Really get to know them and do not rush into marriage.Evaluate all that they do.Do they have character?integrity?morals?values?.Are willing to say "I am sorry" when it is truly needed?Sometimes they want to rush into marriage because they do not want you to see the real "them".Ask people who have been close friends of the person to give you an honest evaluation of the person.Do not give in to any kind of intimacy.Sometimes that will get rid of them because that is all they want.If they truly love you then you will be worth the wait.

Edited by bopeep1909

Most saved people appear and act no differently than those who are lost. It's a shame, but it is the reality of living on the planet these days. There will be many, many Christians who will be saved, yet as through fire.

• Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Most saved people appear and act no differently than those who are lost. It's a shame, but it is the reality of living on the planet these days. There will be many, many Christians who will be saved, yet as through fire.

You must be OSAS as I am.You have to look at if a person was truly saved from the beginning.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

The Bible says not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers, yet in the context of dating and marriage, at least in the West, that mandate does not appear to be heeded, at least in my experience.

I remember when I was younger, I was with some women who held a Bible study once a week. Yet on weekends when I went out with them, they had a night out on the town and flirted with worldly men on the street. Also, I have encountered more people who put the faith aside just long enough to find a mate, then pick it up again afterward. This frustrates me because I refused to be unequally yoked and have been single all my life. Do I have to play this baiting game? Is it really possible to be equally yoked from the very beginning?

I am glad you are refusing to be unequally yoked with non-believers who have no faith in Christ.  No you do not have to play this baiting game and I am glad your eyes are open to it going on.  And yes it is really possible to be equally yoked with a true believer from the very beginning.  But it is God whom you must trust to send into your life the right person at the right time and you will know as God will show you somehow that it is the right person and a person of true faith.  It doesn't take much discerning today as the unbelievers are so open in their wicked lifestyles it's blantantly put in front of you.  Some Christians are ignorant of this teaching in scriptures as some churches never teach on it and alot of believers are finding themselves unequally yoked to an unbeliever as a result.  I am glad you know the word and are on guard of Satan's deception in this matter.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Is it really possible to be equally yoked from the very beginning?
Absolutely.  But don't expect God to do all the work either. Study the way Abraham obtained a bride for Isaac. You do your part and God will do His part.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Yes.  As Ezra pointed out, DO ask God for His help in finding a believing mate.  And then do your part; go to church, Bible studies, Christian Mingle events, anywhere that people like you congregate.  Never settle for the world when you can have a future with the Lord. 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Yes never settle for the world