IGNORED

Does a woman have a specific role in the End Times?

OakWood

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

This is another bout of my crazy questions.......

Just because I ask such questions doesn't necessarily mean that I believe it to be the case.

I just want answers.

Here goes:

In the book of Genesis God tells the serpent:

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Genesis 3:15

Why would God particularly place enmity between woman and evil? What is her role in this?

Does this signify that Mary will (a woman) bring the Messiah.....? In other words has prophesy already been fulfilled with regards to this or is there more to come?

Also think about this.

It was Eve who brought the lie to Adam. She did not make the lie but from a human perspective she was the first to repeat the lie and act on it.

Is God redeeming woman by making her the first one to realise the truth and repeat it?

The truth was brought to Earth through Mary. No man had any role to play in this.

The first person who Jesus revealed himself to be the Messiah was a woman.

The first person that a resurrected Jesus revealed himself to was a woman.

Will women have any more roles to play in the revelation of truth? Is there anywhere in scripture that may suggest this?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  37

This is another bout of my crazy questions.......

Just because I ask such questions doesn't necessarily mean that I believe it to be the case.

I just want answers.

Here goes:

In the book of Genesis God tells the serpent:

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Genesis 3:15

Why would God particularly place enmity between woman and evil? What is her role in this?

Does this signify that Mary will (a woman) bring the Messiah.....? In other words has prophesy already been fulfilled with regards to this or is there more to come?

Also think about this.

It was Eve who brought the lie to Adam. She did not make the lie but from a human perspective she was the first to repeat the lie and act on it.

Is God redeeming woman by making her the first one to realise the truth and repeat it?

The truth was brought to Earth through Mary. No man had any role to play in this.

The first person who Jesus revealed himself to be the Messiah was a woman.

The first person that a resurrected Jesus revealed himself to was a woman.

Will women have any more roles to play in the revelation of truth? Is there anywhere in scripture that may suggest this?

Mary is 'the woman" and Jesus is her "seed"  - this points to the virgin birth, for seed, in the Old Testament, is spoken of as being of the man, not the woman.

But since God is foretelling the virgin birth, the seed is the seed of the woman, Jesus.

And God also says He will put enmity between the woman and ther serpent, between her seed and the seed of the serpent.

When Jesus called the pharisees and scribes vipers, sons of the devil,

Matthew 23

29“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous, 30and say, ‘If we had been living in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partners with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ 31“So you testify against yourselves, that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. 32“Fill up, then, the measure of the guilt of your fathers. 

John 8

13So the Pharisees said to Him, “You are testifying about Yourself; Your testimony is not true.” 

39They answered and said to Him, “Abraham is our father.” Jesus said to them, “If you are Abraham’s children, do the deeds of Abraham. 40“But as it is, you are seeking to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth, which I heard from God; this Abraham did not do. 41“You are doing the deeds of your father.” They said to Him, “We were not born of fornication; we have one Father: God.” 42Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and have come from God, for I have not even come on My own initiative, but He sent Me. 43“Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word. 

44"You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

he was referring to this in Genesis.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

no, just the opposite. deception. more and more.
stick with scripture. grace and truth came through Yeshua Messiah, exactly as written.
man and woman are redeemed thru Yeshua Messiah's Blood.
listen to the warning of scripture "little children, keep yourselves from idols".
remember all the idols and deleting the second commandment were hasatan's doing, not Yahweh's,
though Yahweh always knew everything was going to happen and foretold by the prophets He called and chose and sent and breathed inspired Scripture through.....

I'm sticking with scripture which is why I asked the question "is there anywhere in scripture that might suggest this"?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

I thought this was referring to Jesus will be killed but in doing so He defeated death?  

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  37

I thought this was referring to Jesus will be killed but in doing so He defeated death?  

The "it" is neutral in Hebrew.  The "his" is male personal pronoun in Hebrew.

The "it" is neutral in Hebrew.  The "his" is male personal pronoun in Hebrew.

As english is not my native tongue that does not help me at all lol.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Question: "What is the protoevangelium?"

Answer: 
Genesis 3:15 says, “I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.” This is known as the protoevangelium—the first gospel. The verse introduces two elements previously unknown in the Garden of Eden, elements that are the basis of Christianity—the curse on mankind because of Adam’s sin and God’s provision for a Savior from sin who would take the curse upon Himself. 

Verse 14 makes it clear that God is speaking to the serpent whom He curses to crawl on his belly and “eat dust” all his days. In verse 15, God switches from condemning the serpent to the one who inhabited it, Satan. He curses Satan to be forever at war against mankind, depicted as the seed or offspring of the woman. The woman in question is in a general sense Eve herself, all of whose offspring would forever be harassed by Satan and his minions. Sin enters the human race at this point, and the ravages of sin and its consequences reverberate down to us today. We inherit sin and the sin nature from Adam, and we suffer for it continually. The enmity—the hostility and hatred—of men and demons, between whom the warfare still continues, begins here. Evil angels and also wicked men are called serpents, and even a brood of vipers (Matthew 3:7), and they war against the people of God, the seed of the church, who are hated and persecuted by them, and so it has been ever since this affair in the Garden.

More specifically, the offspring of the woman refers to Jesus Christ, who was born of a woman. The “enmity” or hostility and hatred spoken of here is between Satan and Christ. The seed of the serpent, evil men and demonic forces, struck at the heel of the Savior when Judas, the Pharisees, the rabble, and the Romans, conspired to condemn Jesus to be crucified. But His wound was not the final act. He rose the third day, having paid the price for the sin of all who would ever believe in Him. The ultimate victory was His, and He crushed the head of Satan, removing forever his rule over man. The power of Christ would destroy Satan and all his principalities and powers, confound all his schemes, and ruin all his works. The power of the cross would crush Satan’s whole empire, strip him of his authority (particularly his power over death), and his tyranny over the bodies and souls of men. All this was done by the incarnate Christ when He suffered and died for the souls of men (Hebrews 2:14–15). Because of what Jesus did on the cross, he “crushed” the devil’s head, defeating him forever. The protoevangelium shows us that God always had the plan of salvation in mind, and informed us of His plan as soon as sin entered the world. “The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work” (1 John 3:8).

http://www.gotquestions.org/protoevangelium.html

Edited by bopeep1909

"The “enmity” or hostility and hatred spoken of here is between Satan and Christ. The seed of the serpent, evil men and demonic forces, struck at the heel of the Savior when Judas, the Pharisees, the rabble, and the Romans, conspired to condemn Jesus to be crucified. But His wound was not the final act. He rose the third day, having paid the price for the sin of all who would ever believe in Him. The ultimate victory was His, and He crushed the head of Satan, removing forever his rule over man."

"The protoevangelium shows us that God always had the plan of salvation in mind, and informed us of His plan as soon as sin entered the world."

Thank you, I had not heard of protoevangelium before.  (I'm sure I'll forget and have to relearn that word!)

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

The examples you mentioned had nothing to do with "the revelation of truth".  So the answer is "No, women had nothing to do with the revelation of truth in the past, nor will they in the future".  God and Christ handed down their truth through apostles and prophets, and they were all men. This does not mean that women have played no role in God's plans and purposes.  It simply means that the answer to your question is "No".

Truth is revealed in Scripture, and Scripture was given by Divine inspiration to the prophets and apostles.  The Bible calls them "holy MEN of God" (2 Pet 1:21).  Furthermore, all revelation pertaining to the end times has already been given and concluded, as the book of Revelation clearly states. So now it is a matter of rightly dividing the Word of Truth, and the preaching and teaching of the Word in the churches has also been committed to men, not women.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

Correct.  And in defeating death He crushed the head of the Serpent. Christ defeated not only death, but Hades, Hell, and Satan at the Cross. The reason He is called "the seed of the woman" is because of His supernatural conception and the virgin birth of Christ.