IGNORED

Can I baptise myself? ....or get a friend to do it....

OakWood

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Okay, look here....,

I'm born again.... five years or so.... give or take a year either side....

I've not been baptised yet..

'Can't find a church that hasn't fallen or is a false feel-good church...... no seriously..... many churches are no longer churches - they're just happy-clappy community centres that don't preach the gospel.

Can I just stick my head in the bath and baptise myself?

Okay,.... the last line wasn't meant to be serious.....

but where? how? what? can I do to be baptised? Can a friend help me?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  37

In the ancient church catechumens who were in prison waiting to be executed could be baptized by anyone who was willing to do so.    

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

Okay, look here....,

Oakwood,

Since baptism is a public demonstration of your faith in Christ, you cannot simply baptize yourself.  Surely there are Bible-believing churches somewhere in your neck of the woods (or further out) where Christians are baptized by immersion.  Seek one out, and make this a time to publicly give your testimony before you are baptized. We need to confess with our mouths the Lord Jesus. See Acts 8:36-38. A Christian friend could certainly help you, but ideally you should be among other believers so that you all can rejoice together. At the same time, Scripture does reveal that Ananias baptized the apostle Paul privately (since the circumstances required it.  This was an avowed enemy of Christians, and you are not). Chances are the Ethiopian eunuch was not traveling by himself, so there were witnesses to his baptism.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Okay, look here....,

'Can't find a church that hasn't fallen or is a false feel-good church...... no seriously..... many churches are no longer churches - they're just happy-clappy community centres that don't preach the gospel.

Can I just stick my head in the bath and baptise myself?

Okay,.... the last line wasn't meant to be serious.....

Hi  Oak,

If you wait until you find the perfect church to get baptised you will never get baptised,since born again Christians are the Church, we are  not perfected yet ...

.If I was you I would try to find a good Bible believing church,its important to have fellowship with other Christians..

Hope this helps?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Www.nazarene.org.UK

We tried to go to church wherever we travel and I have never been to a Nazarene Church that would fit the description in your post. Everywhere we've been people are dedicated and I love each other and take care of each other. They do eat a lot.

Another alternative although I don't agree with their doctrine if you can find a Church of Christ and explain the situation I have never seen a Church of Christ pastor that would not baptize you no not necessarily be apart of their church. They believe that one cannot be saved without being baptized so they take baptism very very seriously and do it right by the book.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,062
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Www.nazarene.org.UK

We tried to go to church wherever we travel and I have never been to a Nazarene Church that would fit the description in your post. Everywhere we've been people are dedicated and I love each other and take care of each other. They do eat a lot.

Another alternative although I don't agree with their doctrine if you can find a Church of Christ and explain the situation I have never seen a Church of Christ pastor that would not baptize you no not necessarily be apart of their church. They believe that one cannot be saved without being baptized so they take baptism very very seriously and do it right by the book.

The Church of Christ teach that baptism is part of spiritual regeneration and that would not be Scriptural baptism... another words they say in order to be saved you must
believe in Jesus and be baptized. One without the other would be without salvation.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,062
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

In the ancient church catechumens who were in prison waiting to be executed could be baptized by anyone who was willing to do so.    

Sprinkling is not the example Jesus set-
Mark 1:10
10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:

KJV

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Www.nazarene.org.UK

The Church of Christ teach that baptism is part of spiritual regeneration and that would not be Scriptural baptism... another words they say in order to be saved you must
believe in Jesus and be baptized. One without the other would be without salvation.

So what's the problem with Oak being baptized there?   They baptize people who don't want to be a part of thier Church Organization all the time because they consider it important to salvation.   I certainly hope you are not suggesting that Church of Christ people are not saved, even if they do consider you lost.

While I don't attend one, and do disagree with some of thier doctrine, you won't find them acting in the manor of the OP.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

I don't believe a church is required.  Do you know any christian?  Seriously, any christian friend can do this, invite your friends, family, 

Acts 8:36 As they went along the road they came to some water; and the eunuch said, "Look! Water! What prevents me from being baptized?" 

In Acts 8, wasn't there only two people there?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  37

Sprinkling is not the example Jesus set-
Mark 1:10
10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:

KJV

I don't think anyone said anything about sprinkling.