Steve_S

New Members - PLEASE READ - (On Posting as a Newbie)

895 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Vera Moreno said:

Hi, happy to be here.

Welcome

1 hour ago, Vera Moreno said:

Hi, happy to be here.

Welcome~!

Today I had a glance of what God is doing deeply in my heart.  On January 19th 2017 I lost my best friend, my husband, my love Pablo.  He died in my arms.  My children and I tried to bring him back but he had a heart attack in front of us letting a widow and two orphans behind.  He was a christian and I know that he is with God.  We've been through the darkest valley,  but I've seen God right beside us in this valley of death.  Through my brothers and sisters who are constantly praying for us restlessly and not only with prayers bust with their presence and support.  I praise the Lord for that.  But, you know, yesterday a neighbour who is also a friend and brother in Christ was very sincere and said:  "Vera, I know that in all things God works for the good of those who  love him, but I've been thinking ...what good was in all that happened to you? "  I came home and I asked God to show me this "good".  I asked God to really show me clearly what was it for.  After all, my life has been washed away by a tsunami...sorry, that's how I feel.  

Today I was at the shopping mall to buy some pants, and I entered in a shop and an attendant came to me offering her help.  I told her I had lost some weight and probably I would continue losing it and I needed  smaller size pants.  I noticed she was not really in the mood to sell anything but I continued talking to her.  I told her I had lost my husband and that's why I had lost weight.  She stared at me and brought about 10 pants for me to try on.  She kept bringing me the pants on sale (there were really expensive pants there) and I was really gratefull for that!  Anyway, when I finished trying on she asked me when and how my husband died and I told her with all the details .  And then I told her that I was a Christian and my husband was too and that I truly believed that all our days are counted by God and even thou I was deeply sad I felt supported miraculously.  She was impacted and told me she was raised as a christian but she was far away from God.  I told her it was time for her to come back to God and I invited her to come to our morning service in our church.  Soon other attendants came and stopped to listen to what I was saying.  She said she would come and bring her children along.  She hugged me ( this is not so strange considering brazilian culture)  like we were old friends.

When I left the shop I realised what had just happened and talked to God:  Is it what was all about?  Anyway, I'm aware that I'm not better than anyone else not to go through this misfortune, but sometime the "why me?" question  comes along strongly.  Therefore I could talk softly and calmly about my tribulation so people could hear and see that life is not worth without God.  

Glory~!

~

Welcome~!

~

Praying~!

18 hours ago, Vera Moreno said:

Today I had a glance of what God is doing deeply in my heart.  On January 19th 2017 I lost my best friend, my husband, my love Pablo.  He died in my arms.  My children and I tried to bring him back but he had a heart attack in front of us letting a widow and two orphans behind.  He was a christian and I know that he is with God.  We've been through the darkest valley,  but I've seen God right beside us in this valley of death.  Through my brothers and sisters who are constantly praying for us restlessly and not only with prayers bust with their presence and support.  I praise the Lord for that.  But, you know, yesterday a neighbour who is also a friend and brother in Christ was very sincere and said:  "Vera, I know that in all things God works for the good of those who  love him, but I've been thinking ...what good was in all that happened to you? "  I came home and I asked God to show me this "good".  I asked God to really show me clearly what was it for.  After all, my life has been washed away by a tsunami...sorry, that's how I feel.  

Today I was at the shopping mall to buy some pants, and I entered in a shop and an attendant came to me offering her help.  I told her I had lost some weight and probably I would continue losing it and I needed  smaller size pants.  I noticed she was not really in the mood to sell anything but I continued talking to her.  I told her I had lost my husband and that's why I had lost weight.  She stared at me and brought about 10 pants for me to try on.  She kept bringing me the pants on sale (there were really expensive pants there) and I was really gratefull for that!  Anyway, when I finished trying on she asked me when and how my husband died and I told her with all the details .  And then I told her that I was a Christian and my husband was too and that I truly believed that all our days are counted by God and even thou I was deeply sad I felt supported miraculously.  She was impacted and told me she was raised as a christian but she was far away from God.  I told her it was time for her to come back to God and I invited her to come to our morning service in our church.  Soon other attendants came and stopped to listen to what I was saying.  She said she would come and bring her children along.  She hugged me ( this is not so strange considering brazilian culture)  like we were old friends.

When I left the shop I realised what had just happened and talked to God:  Is it what was all about?  Anyway, I'm aware that I'm not better than anyone else not to go through this misfortune, but sometime the "why me?" question  comes along strongly.  Therefore I could talk softly and calmly about my tribulation so people could hear and see that life is not worth without God.  

Glory to God! Welcome!