• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Let's be careful guys, for the enemy knows how to twist scripture to make it seem like it means something that it doesn't.  Also, we should not blaspheme the Holy Spirit by attributing His works to the devil.  God give us all true discernment, even in such an innocent endeavour as seeking to know Him more.  No one has the monopoly on knowledge or revelation from God.  He gives us all freely and in abundance.

God bless us all :)

John 16:13 (AV)

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

The Bible teaches this. The Holy Spirit interprets the Bible, teaches us truth, leads us into all truth. We cannot go wrong IF we trust in him and we verify it is him by the scriptures. It is a cyclical support system for getting to and arriving at truth. Unlike circular reasoning or circular argumentation (that this is sometimes accused of being). Circular reasoning / circular argumentation is about untruth claiming to be truth. 

Indeed.  We need the discernment to hold on to the truth and rid ourselves of all else which is counterfeit :)

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Reply to Gdemoss...

The fact that you read to bash, didn't come to me as an assumption, neither will I attribute it to the revelation of the Holy Spirit. But my conclusion was apparently drawn from your post. If you can check your post again, it is obvious you had somethings against my ministrations, and as such, you didn't take the time to read very carefully to understand my premise, when I said people shouldn't be depending on prophets for guidance.

What you gave me in your post, was a left hand of fellowship and not a right one.

Then as for the proof that prophets are not to give directions oblivious to the recipient, we can use the new testament prophet-Agabus- in the book of Acts of the Apostle, as a case study. When he gave Paul a word of wisdom by the Holy Spirit, Paul affirmed that the Holy Spirit had also revealed it to him before hand.

Then if you think contrary, supply the new testament instance (or instances) where a prophecy was given to a recipient, oblivious to what he or she was aware of.

By your own testimony you convict yourself of having made an assumption through the process of drawing conclusions based upon a personal opinion of anothers heart intent to write but no matter I carry no offense further.  You are excused.

Thank you for offering the biblical example that shows an instance of what you proclaim to be true having merit for God does indeed send a prophet to confirm things that God has already revealed unto the person as true.  I took no issue with that.  My issue is with the proclimation that God always reveals it unto the individual before he sends the prophet to confirm.  

Whether it be in the new testament or old testament makes me no nevermind.  God reveals things to people about themselves by a prophet without having first revealed it unto them.  That is the very nature of prophetic writings.  I knew nothing about me or my condition before a prophet came to me and told me all about myself.  It was God who sent his Spirit to convince me that what I heard was truth after I heard it.

God revealed to me who my enemies were and what they would do BEFORE they did it and BEFORE I knew it by a prophet.  That is the nature of prophecy and how I was won unto God and the basis of much of my increase in faith.  I do this same thing for other men all the time.  God reveals to me the truth behind what people are doing in the lives of others and allows me to warn them of those impending dangers.  Many of them have no idea for God had not sent me to tell them things that they already knew.

Your OP here is hypocritical in that very same sense.  You came to warn others proclaiming that this type of prophecy is not of God but according to you they should have already known.  If your message gets to someone who God has not already revealed it unto then that in itself invalidates your message.

Nay, God indeed sends men of God known as prophets to proclaim things to others they do not already know including who their enemies are that they are unaware of as well as what they will do before they do it. 

I am developing something against your ministrations for sure.  They are not ringing true.  As it is written,  take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness but rather expose them.  This teaching is dangerous for it could cause one who reads it to ignore a warning of God that comes from a prophet because they will believe that God should already have revealed it unto them first.  Not always true therefore only a half truth which seems common to your ministry work.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Gdemoss, you seem to be strongly defending your 'ministry' regardless of how its abuse by so many folks is affecting the believers. I have given you pitiable instances that resulted from people taking so-called prophets at their words without confirmation. Yet you seem not to be bothered by their ordeals.

With such a mindset, it seems to me, you'd rather protect your opinion regardless of how it affects the recipients. And I for one, I do not see much of brotherly love in that.

Like I said before, you didn't read my post with an open mind- else you would have read how I counseled people to respond to a personal prophecy they were oblivious of. 

Even the messages I preach or teach, I don't expect anyone to take my words for it. I expect that as they read my messages, and they do not get a witness of the truth in their heart, they should also get back to the Holy Spirit and their Bibles for confirmation.

But you seem to deny the fact that sometimes, a prophet could yield to a familiar spirit in the process of administering revelational gifts. Which eventually lead people to diverse errors and troubles.

Edited by emekrus

Gdemoss, you seem to be strongly defending your 'ministry' regardless of how its abuse by so many folks is affecting the believers. I have given you pitiable instances that resulted from people taking so-called prophets at their words without confirmation. Yet you seem not to be bothered by their ordeals.

With such a mindset, it seems to me, you'd rather protect your opinion regardless of how it affects the recipients. And I for one, I do not see much of brotherly love in that.

Like I said before, you didn't read my post with an open mind- else you would have read how I counseled people to respond to a personal prophecy they were oblivious of. 

Even the messages I preach or teach, I don't expect anyone to take my words for it. I expect that as they read my messages, and they do not get a witness of the truth in their heart, they should also get back to the Holy Spirit and their Bibles for confirmation.

But you seem to deny the fact that sometimes, a prophet could yield to a familiar spirit in the process of administering revelational gifts. Which eventually lead people to diverse errors and troubles.

I think we are coming closer on the subject.  All that you think you see in me may be from projection for it is not really in me.  

I agree with you that the Holy Spirit ought to bring conviction of the truth spoken but disagree that the hearer must have prior knowledge of that truth.

I agree that there are many false prophets who do as you say and harm a great deal of people but disagree that all who prophesy in such manner are false prophets.

You said the key yourself.  God always brings signs following to confirm his word.

My problem with your ministry is that I believe you are in error because you teach half truths and I say it that way because you see part of the truth but then error by proclaimimg it as the full truth.  I believe your ministry needs to become more full.  

God doesn't want everyone to live their lives here monitarily wealthy though he does not discourage becoming wealthy.  God does not only send a prophet with something they have knowledge prior too though he does do as you say.  

I really hope that helps.  I was probably to harsh out of the gate due to the harm I perceive your position can bring to those who may believe it.  Your not entirely off base.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/05/1982

One more that I took this morning before Service.

It looks like a cross to me, and an orb beside it!

O Holy Spirit

nov1,2015.jpg

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

How do you hear from the Holy Spirit?Give yourself to Jesus Christ.The Holy Spirit will then be within you and guide and direct you.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Knowing the voice of God helps us to hear it.  Jesus said my sheep "know" my voice and another they will not follow.  You can't follow what you can't hear and what you don't know.  Knowing the scriptures is a good start as the words in the Bible is God's voice and his will for our lives.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/05/1982

nov1,2015-sky1.jpg

nov,1,2015sky2.jpg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

We hear from the Holy Spirit by being still and knowing that He is God.  It's not complicated.

Obedience