• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Let me get this straight.  The individual should not listen to outside sources for the voice of the Holy Spirit speaking about personal issues?  If that is what you are saying then that is false and you are a false teacher spreading lies.

God speaks directly to men through other men about personal issues.  There is no doubt about that.  So does Satan.  What is important is being able to discern the Spirit of truth from the spirit of error.  

Your the same guy who teaches God wants all of us to be weathly through monetary gain whoch is also a half truth at best for Paul warns those who would be wealthy in this world to be ready to give.  A warning that by necessity reveals that not all will choose such a path for themselves.

Beware false teachers who seek to come to you in sheeps clothing that are merely seeking to snare disciples after themselves and rather not after Christ.  

Christ was given personal knowledge of a woman of an intimate nature for her benefit.  He shared it with her to win her unto himself.  She went about declaring unto all who would listen that Jesus was Christ.

Evil men will mock God by show of words and cause distruction for sure but it is error to teach that the Holy Spirit does not speak through individuals to individuals unto believers for the one hearing who possesses the Spirit themselves ought to be convicted by the truth being given.

Well, my dear brother, you seem to be holding somethings against my ministrations. Well, I'm not angry with you at all. Its like that at times in the Christian circles. Regardless, I do not owe you or anyone for that matter any apology concerning my ministrations. As they are scripturally and revelationally given to me by the Holy Spirit himself- with practical signs and testimonies to confirm their veracity.

To be very honest with you, I don't think you read my post with an open mind, but rather with an intention to bash. 

If you read very well, I didn't say God can't give people words from others, but that God uses people such as prophets to confirm to the individual what he or she is already aware of. Or what he or she has already gotten a revelation of.

The instance of Jesus you quoted, even underscores the instruction in my post. Jesus spoke to the woman only what she was already aware of. Not some oblivious words that she wasn't aware of.  Not some prophecies that inspires ungodly fear in the recipients. 

For an instance, a so-called prophet prophesied to a married lady, who married her husband as a virgin, that she had the spirit of homosexuality. That singular abuse of gift, led the woman into confusion, thinking she must have an evil spirit in her that she wasn't aware of. If not for divine intervention through a more knowledgible man of God, the devil would have taken advantage of her and led her into lesbianism.

All the same, God bless u.

Emeke Odili.

You believe I read to bash.  Is that your assumption or are you declaring the Holy Spirit has revealed this as truth to you?  Your posts come off as if you believe you hear his voice clear.  

You made a declaration therefore the onus is on you to prove it true.  You said that prophets are only sent to reveal things tge person already knows.  Prove it to be true.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

2 Peter 1:20–21 (AV)

20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

All scripture came in this manner therefore this verse refers to all scripture.

John 16:13 (AV)

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

The OP is about the Holy Spirit speaking with people / guiding them. But there is a biblical litmus test to determine IF what you and I perceive of as the Holy Spirit actually IS the Holy Spirit.

1 John 4:1 (AV)

1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

And you do this by:

Acts 17:11 (AV)

11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Edited by JohnD

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Reply to Gdemoss...

The fact that you read to bash, didn't come to me as an assumption, neither will I attribute it to the revelation of the Holy Spirit. But my conclusion was apparently drawn from your post. If you can check your post again, it is obvious you had somethings against my ministrations, and as such, you didn't take the time to read very carefully to understand my premise, when I said people shouldn't be depending on prophets for guidance.

What you gave me in your post, was a left hand of fellowship and not a right one.

Then as for the proof that prophets are not to give directions oblivious to the recipient, we can use the new testament prophet-Agabus- in the book of Acts of the Apostle, as a case study. When he gave Paul a word of wisdom by the Holy Spirit, Paul affirmed that the Holy Spirit had also revealed it to him before hand.

Then if you think contrary, supply the new testament instance (or instances) where a prophecy was given to a recipient, oblivious to what he or she was aware of.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/05/1982

The Holy Ghost is strong 

here are 2 photos I took last week  holyghost1.thumb.jpg.252950af31a01194609

12106738_10153693078944308_3410298486986

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Let's be careful guys, for the enemy knows how to twist scripture to make it seem like it means something that it doesn't.  Also, we should not blaspheme the Holy Spirit by attributing His works to the devil.  God give us all true discernment, even in such an innocent endeavour as seeking to know Him more.  No one has the monopoly on knowledge or revelation from God.  He gives us all freely and in abundance.

God bless us all :)

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Nice pics, Chantellevision :) I love open skies.

• Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,828
  • Content Per Day:  4.76
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

Nice pics, Chantellevision :) I love open skies.

Yes, these are nice pics.

12106738_10153693078944308_3410298486986

The Holy Ghost is strong 

here are 2 photos I took last week  holyghost1.thumb.jpg.252950af31a01194609

God Bless you.

Your brother in Christ,

KPaulG.

Thank you!

Stay Blessed!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03

Let's be careful guys, for the enemy knows how to twist scripture to make it seem like it means something that it doesn't.  Also, we should not blaspheme the Holy Spirit by attributing His works to the devil.  God give us all true discernment, even in such an innocent endeavour as seeking to know Him more.  No one has the monopoly on knowledge or revelation from God.  He gives us all freely and in abundance.

God bless us all :)

John 16:13 (AV)

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

The Bible teaches this. The Holy Spirit interprets the Bible, teaches us truth, leads us into all truth. We cannot go wrong IF we trust in him and we verify it is him by the scriptures. It is a cyclical support system for getting to and arriving at truth. Unlike circular reasoning or circular argumentation (that this is sometimes accused of being). Circular reasoning / circular argumentation is about untruth claiming to be truth. 

Edited by JohnD